Best Resort for Honeymoon

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are planning a Disney Honeymoon! This will be the first time for both of us to go to WDW!!! We are very excited! We are both very fun loving and would like your opinions on the best resort to stay in. We are looking at the Deluxe resorts…after all it is our honeymoon! Thanks in advance!

~Jenifer

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are planning a Disney Honeymoon! This will be the first time for both of us to go to WDW!!! We are very excited! We are both very fun loving and would like your opinions on the best resort to stay in. We are looking at the Deluxe resorts…after all it is our honeymoon! Thanks in advance!

~Jenifer

Personal preference, amenities desired, location to parks, financial and time will play a factor in deciding what to do. I can tell you for ours, with limited funds and 8 days to spend the money, we stayed at a value resort. This will allow you to use the rest for nice meal accomodations and free up funds for other things you can do at the parks for honeymoon memorabilia. With unlimited funds, then I’d go with The Grand Floridian, cause they do make your stay special. Just let them know its your honeymoon. JMHO

Well, the GF is probably the most popular honeymoon resort (and the most expensive)…

But, if the fancy-schmancy stuff cramps your fun, then you might lean more towards the Poly, Yacht Club, AKL, or Saratoga.

My top 3 choices would be Wilderness Lodge, Poly, and Animal Kingdom Lodge, in that order.
I just love love love the lobby of the WL, and think it would be very romantic for a honeymoon.

ooh… WL, that’s a good one! Can’t believe I left it out!

You know… a cabin at Fort Wilderness might be pretty romantic…

My homeroom teacher was going on her honeymoon to a little cabin in Wyoming… I think that would be fun!

Fancy Schmancy is certainly not our cup of tea! I was actually looking at the Poly. If we stay at one hotel, we can still go to the other hotels for dinner and such, right?

Of course!

Jen, you can eat at any resort, in any park or at any other WDW location. There will be plenty of transportation, and we will certainly help you with ideas for which restaurants you might enjoy! Just tell us what kinds of cuisine you like.

The Poly is a beautiful resort – go to the Trip Reports section of MouseBuzz, and look at the brand-new thread from CathysCat. I think it’s called something like CC’s Photo Trip Report. You will see some excellent photos of the Poly, inclusing the view from their room!

The Poly is a perfect choice for a honeymoon!

The Grand Floridian is very elegant and beautiful. Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are absolutely steeped in Disney theming and they are incredible. Boardwalk is in an excellent location, and the atmosphere is terrific! If you are nightlife kind of people, you might look into Boardwalk.

The Boardwalk is my favorite resort… but depending on when you’re going, there may be too many kids running around.

We will be getting married April 5th, staying at a Disney Resort April 6-13th.

First off, congratulations on your up and coming wedding!!! Secondly welcome to MB!!

As far as Deluxe resorts for a Honeymoon, our picks in order would be Poly, BWI and BC. They are all very nice, not as fancy as the GF, but quieter than WL and not as far out of the way as AKL. The CR is nice, but rather bland. You can go to any resort to eat, and there are plenty of restaurants that would offer great meals.

Thats why I gave my opinion, and definetly the Poly really provides for that type of honeymoon atmosphere.
No doubt, Try all of the major resort resturaunts and don’t forget ones at the boardwalk either. So many places to eat at, you’ll never eat at the same place twice the whole trip…
OH YEAH, CONGRATULATIONS on the upcoming wedding!!!

For my honeymoon in Oct we are staying at POFQ. We went moderate so we can have a ADR almost everyday. A few of the ADRs we have are Coarl Reef, Brown Derby, and CC.

Congratulations :happy: I would recommend the Beach Club or Yacht Club, both are beautiful, you can walk over to Boardwalk in the evening, and Epcot is literally a 2 minute walk away. Perfect for strolling into France for a drink and pastry :happy: Hope you have a great time, whichever resort you choose!

I would recommend Wilderness lodge or Poly.

13 years ago DH and I honeymooned at the Grand Floridian. It was soooo great. It was our 1st WDW trip together and it was perfect. We were on some honeymoon package and we had a room with a view of Cinderella’s castle and a continental breakfast was delivered to our room each morning. Nothing was better than eating breakfast on our balcony, looking at the castle, in our GF fluffy robes!:wub:

As a side note I am glad that we stayed at the GF b/f we had DD. When we go visit GF now, I realize that I would never want to stay there with kids!

Happy planning!

I think you have it… Next to Epcot where you can literally go to a country and spend some :redface: QUALITY time and dream of really being there.

[B]For my 2 cents worth, I think the Poly is the most romantic. While strolling the grounds, it feels like you’re in Hawaii.

However, that being said, my favorite hotel is the Yacht Club. I strongly prefer to stay at an EPCOT resort (Yacht or Beach Club or the Boardwalk). This is just my preference since we love to walk over to the countries in EPCOT almost every night. We so enjoy watching Illuminations (the nightly fireworks in this area). Just watching the fireworks while enjoying a glass of wine (from France pavilion) is very romantic IMHO.

Since you’ll be on your honeymoon, I’m sure you’ll find wherever you stay will be romantic!

Welcome to MB and BEST WISHES on your upcoming marriage![/B]