Best restaurant in Downtown Disney?

Help! Just when I thought we had our dining plans done, DH decides we need a change soo… We want to have an afternoon/evening in DTD so what’s the best place to eat? Sorry, we’re 30 days away & I can’t believe I’m still talking dining reissies!!

Well, we aren’t big dining out people and don’t make reservations, but when we are in DTD, we always eat at Bongo’s Cuban restaurant. You either like it or you don’t…many people are afraid to try it because they think it’s mexican food. It is not. Cuban food is more like overall Carribean cuisine and is not spicy at all. Lots of steak and pork dishes, rice, beans and fried or sweet plaintains. Yummmm

It’s as close to authentic (we are a Cuban family) as a large scale restaurant can get…not perfect but very close.

Fulton’s floats our boat. (LOL, get it? It’s a boat! Ha!) Anyway, it’s yummy and fun.

Well that answer depends entirely on your taste buds.

We love Fultons (more expensive and on the dining plan finally)
but also Raglan Road (less expensive )

[QUOTE=Dopey;1119361]Well that answer depends entirely on your taste buds.

We love Fultons (more expensive and on the dining plan finally)
but also Raglan Road (less expensive )[/QUOTE]

Wolfgang Puck!!!

At DTD we always eat at Earl of Sandwich. Its only fast type food, but its very very good, with a varied menu of sandwiches.

For a sit-down dinner I’d go with Raglan Road or Wolfgang Puck (downstairs). If you want to get fancier - then Wolfgang Puck Upstairs.

If you want to grab a quick dinner then Earl of Sandwich is just :wub:, followed closely by Wolfgang Puck Express.

HUGE fan of Wolfgang Puck Express. It has become a “must do” for us.

I vote for Earl of Sandwich. :slight_smile:

We have only ever eaten at Raglan Road and Trex Cafe. If you have gone to Rainforest Cafe, you have gone to Trex. We love love love Raglan Road.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1119359]Well, we aren’t big dining out people and don’t make reservations, but when we are in DTD, we always eat at Bongo’s Cuban restaurant. You either like it or you don’t…many people are afraid to try it because they think it’s mexican food. It is not. Cuban food is more like overall Carribean cuisine and is not spicy at all. Lots of steak and pork dishes, rice, beans and fried or sweet plaintains. Yummmm

It’s as close to authentic (we are a Cuban family) as a large scale restaurant can get…not perfect but very close.[/QUOTE]

Bongo’s hit our “NO” list long ago simply on the quality of a Cafe Cubano from their cafeteria window.
Simply put, it was espresso, not Cafe Cubano and for a Cuban restaurant to serve espresso as Cafe Cubano is a very poor way to bring people who know Cuban food into your establishment, even if you WERE born in Cuba and grew up in the Westchester section of Miami. (Gloria and Emilio, I’m talking to you!)

Perhaps some year, we’ll give them a try, but I don’t see why when I’ve got plenty of Cuban joints so much closer to home.

The best real restaurants in DTD are Fulton’s and Wolfgang Puck Cafe (downstairs) and Wolfgang Puck Upstairs Dining Room.
We’ve only eaten at Portobello once and that was many years ago. I can only assume that being operated by Levy Restaurants like the others, Portobello is still good.

We had a pleasant dinner at Paradiso 37 last summer. We didn’t have an ADR but wanted a sit down meal after Cirque. They were busy but we only had a short wait before being seated. The food was good and the service was above average.

We enjoyed our meal there too, but I was afraid to mention it because it seems most don’t like it at all. I thought it was a very pleasant.

Wolf Gang Puck is great. Wolfgang Puck Express is a MUST DO every trip. Earl of sandwhich is one of the best sandwhich places on WDW property. Bongos was NOT good for us. Ragland road was better in entertainment than food for us. It was ok, just not fantastic.

I haven’t seen many reviews on any board but I was very pleased with our experience. I’m sure we’ll go back, it just didn’t fit in this year but I’m sure it will at some point.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1119430]Bongo’s hit our “NO” list long ago simply on the quality of a Cafe Cubano from their cafeteria window.
Simply put, it was espresso, not Cafe Cubano and for a Cuban restaurant to serve espresso as Cafe Cubano is a very poor way to bring people who know Cuban food into your establishment, even if you WERE born in Cuba and grew up in the Westchester section of Miami. (Gloria and Emilio, I’m talking to you!)

Perhaps some year, we’ll give them a try, but I don’t see why when I’ve got plenty of Cuban joints so much closer to home.[/QUOTE]

I don’t really like Cuban coffee…no espressos lattes, Starbucks etc for me…so I’ve never tried it there…but the tostones, yuca with garlic, steak empanesada and the live music are excellent in my book…Bongos hasn’t received the best ratings but it’s always packed when we are there so it can’t be all bad…I also like eating out on the top balcony overlooking the water…

How is HoB. Never been there but always wondered. Is Sunday better?

I am a big fan of Raglan Road. We always have a good meal there.

Paradiso and Portobello are on my “to try” list but they never seem to make the cut when it comes time to plan.

A vote for Bongos.