Best restaurants in WDW parks?

We’re currently planning our trip for June, and I was just wondering what people thought were the best restaurants in each park? Just wanted to try a few new places this time!
Bare in mind we have two vegetarians in the party!!
Thanks guys :laugh:

MK- Crystal Palace, and Liberty Tree Tavern for us.
HS- we love Sc Fi Diner- if you’ve never done it Mel its worth a visit. Food is pretty average but the atmosphere is so much fun.
Epcot, there’s a ton of nice places, we like France, Morocco, Italy, Germany, Canada- and probably more- Don’t forget you can make your reservations on line now, even though you’re not staying on Disney property this time. Its well worth doing.
There’s some great restaurants at the resorts too you should check out. O’Hana at the Poly, 1900 Park Fayre at the Grand Floridian, and its worth going just to walk around the resorts and have a look.
Lots of other buzzers I’m sure will come up with great places too.
Let us know what you decide- not long to wait now for you guys so get planning!:laugh:

I don’t now if my standards are getting higher or Disney’s standards are getting lower - but my favourite list is getting shorter and shorter each year.

MK - Counterservice - Columbia Harbour House. I don’t have a favourite sit-down - I guess would favour Liberty Tree Tavern…

Epcot - Counterservice - Boulangerie Bakery in France and the Fish & Chips Window in the UK
- Table Service - Le Cellier

HS - Yikes - notoriously bad food, but we actually had a very good pressed clubhouse sandwich at the Backlot Diner last time.
- Table Service - Prime Time isn’t the greatest food, but it can be fun if you have a good server…if not…well…it’s not terrible.

AK - Counterservice - Yak & Yeti is good, so is Flame Tree, so is Restaurantosaurus…
- Table Service - Yak & Yeti

Marketplace - Counterservice - Earl of Sandwich, with Wolfgang Puck Express a close second.
- Table Service - Raglan Road

My dd is a vegetarian and she usually finds things to eat. I think they are adding more vegetarian options to the menus. (my dd just reminded me that in her opinion she feels that Columbia Harbour House’s vegetarian selections are the best).

MK-Crystal Palace
Epcot - Le Cellier
DHS - Sci Fi (love the atmosphere)
AK - Tusker House

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1102250]We’re currently planning our trip for June, and I was just wondering what people thought were the best restaurants in each park? Just wanted to try a few new places this time!
Bare in mind we have two vegetarians in the party!!
Thanks guys :laugh:[/QUOTE]

MK - Cosmic Ray’s is pretty good. Get the roasted chicken. Liberty Tree is a good choice as well.
HS - SciFi is great for entertaining atmosphere, 50’s Prime Time is another great place for entertaining atmosphere but for a real meal go to the Brown Derby
EPCOT - La Hacienda de San Angel is top of my list for a good meal. But you can’t go wrong at most of the other World Show Case restaurants (stay away from China…really bad).
AK - Yak and Yedi is pretty good and Tuskerhouse use to be much better but is alright.

Wow! Thank you guys… I didn’t expect so many suggestions! Looks like we need to get planning!!
I didn’t know you could walk round the resorts either… that’s really cool! :laugh:

Me & my sister are the vegetarians and we love the scrummy veggie burgers from Cosmic Ray’s in MK! So that’s a bit of an old favourite.
I’ll get researching on the others though! :happy:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1102278]Wow! Thank you guys… I didn’t expect so many suggestions! Looks like we need to get planning!!
I didn’t know you could walk round the resorts either… that’s really cool! :laugh:

Me & my sister are the vegetarians and we love the scrummy veggie burgers from Cosmic Ray’s in MK! So that’s a bit of an old favourite.
I’ll get researching on the others though! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Oooh you must visit the resorts! You know those odd rainy afternoons we all get in WDW, take the resort monorail and go visit the Polynesian and Grand Floridian and the Contemporary- the grounds are lovely and so are the resorts too. No one minds, you won’t be asked if you’re a guest or anything. You could call in the cafe type places in the resorts and grab a coffee or a bit of lunch? The other Disney resorts would be a bit more difficult to get to without a car, but defo go check them out:happy:

Whenever we’ve see the GF on the Monorail out the window I’ve been like ‘wow! looks so beautiful’ so I think I may convince the family to pay a visit there! It all depends on how much time we have really, but the itinerary will be getting done soon so we’ll know then for sure!! :happy:

Looking at resorts only, aim to book breakfasts so you don’t have to miss out on any park time, or, book evening meals for after/just before park closure!

You know what I’m going to recommend…Animal Kingdom Lodge! Boma has an amazing buffet for breakfast and tea, though breakfast is probably better for vegetarians! You will absolutely love exploring the hotel and finally see for real what I’ve been going on about all these years hehe!

Elsewhere, 1900 Park Fare at GF is awesome, O’Hanas at the Poly is great if you get a good table. Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary is fun filled and a lively start to do the day! They’re all on the monorail line too, making it easier to get to the other parks after parking up at either TTC or Epcot :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1102335]Looking at resorts only, aim to book breakfasts so you don’t have to miss out on any park time, or, book evening meals for after/just before park closure!

You know what I’m going to recommend…Animal Kingdom Lodge! Boma has an amazing buffet for breakfast and tea, though breakfast is probably better for vegetarians! You will absolutely love exploring the hotel and finally see for real what I’ve been going on about all these years hehe!

Elsewhere, 1900 Park Fare at GF is awesome, O’Hanas at the Poly is great if you get a good table. Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary is fun filled and a lively start to do the day! They’re all on the monorail line too, making it easier to get to the other parks after parking up at either TTC or Epcot :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you Sarah! I can always count on you for good tips and info about anything Disney!! :laugh:

We just left on Saturday. Here’s our faves:

Epcot - Teppan Edo - very fun atmosphere, the food is pretty good, service is great. Used to like San Angel but the food was horrible this time and the service mediocre.

MK - for quick service - Columbia Harbour House - awesome lobster rolls!
AK - Pizzafari was pretty good, just really crowded
AK Lodge - Boma - only second time I’ve had African food but similar to what we eat in New Orleans. Very good food, excellent service
HS- Love the 50"s Prime Time Diner. The fried chicken and the pot roast are yum. If you get a great server, the fun factor triples. Our kids love that place!
Have an awesome time!

[QUOTE=Sharonfirst;1102391]We just left on Saturday. Here’s our faves:

Epcot - Teppan Edo - very fun atmosphere, the food is pretty good, service is great. Used to like San Angel but the food was horrible this time and the service mediocre.

MK - for quick service - Columbia Harbour House - awesome lobster rolls!
AK - Pizzafari was pretty good, just really crowded
AK Lodge - Boma - only second time I’ve had African food but similar to what we eat in New Orleans. Very good food, excellent service
HS- Love the 50"s Prime Time Diner. The fried chicken and the pot roast are yum. If you get a great server, the fun factor triples. Our kids love that place!
Have an awesome time![/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. Hope you had a fantastic time!
Yeah we ate at Pizzafari in AK last time and I enjoyed it. Thought the food good value for money compared to some of the other restaurants.

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1102278]Wow! Thank you guys… I didn’t expect so many suggestions! Looks like we need to get planning!!

…[/QUOTE]

What??? you haven’t visited the resorts? that sort of counts as an attraction in my family. We always take time to visit a few each time we go.
It is a definite must for you two, smellysox :pirate:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1102404]What??? you haven’t visited the resorts? that sort of counts as an attraction in my family. We always take time to visit a few each time we go.
It is a definite must for you two, smellysox :pirate:[/QUOTE]

We’ve always assumed you wouldn’t be allowed if you’re not staying on WDW property!
I’ll definitely run it by the family and see if we can go!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1102404]What??? you haven’t visited the resorts? that sort of counts as an attraction in my family. We always take time to visit a few each time we go.
It is a definite must for you two, smellysox :pirate:[/QUOTE]

I saw what you said Miss D even if Mel didn’t -or she’s too polite to say so:laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1102411]We’ve always assumed you wouldn’t be allowed if you’re not staying on WDW property!
I’ll definitely run it by the family and see if we can go!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness!:ohmy: OF COURSE you can visit the resorts!

• and you should especially visit the Grand Floridian and the Poly and the Contemporary. You can get the monorail straight to them from the MK - another great resort to see is Animal Kingdom Lodge - just jump the AKL bus from any park. Really, the resorts are each different and amazing and destinations in their own right. There are many, many, MANY restaurants in the resorts which you would probably love! If you are in Epcot you can walk to the Boardwalk - which is a destination in itself. Boardwalk Inn and the Beach and Yacht Club are situated right there across the lake from each other.

Just don’t ask if you can use the pools - because that’ll open a can of worms here that we mercifully closed a year or so ago. It’s right up there with refillable cups and stroller wars!:eek: (answer is, no, unless you are staying at that specific resort, you can’t use the pools), but you are free to explore the lobbies and grounds and shop in all the hotel shops.

You’re missing such a lot of WDW by not seeing the resorts Mel. Truly its worth time out of your vacation to go take a look.

Oh yeah! Didn’t even realise that read smellymo!
I assumed it was a typo!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1102436]Oh yeah! Didn’t even realise that read smellymo!
I assumed it was a typo!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:Its all in good fun and I know you know that already:happy:

:laugh::laugh: every time I see her posting, I read “smellysox”. I have a feeling she’s not offended at all (I hope) :redface: