Best Resturants for Wishes

Ok so I know I have written that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE:wub: The California Grill atop the Contemporary. I have been there and watched the Wishes firework show over the castle and it was AMAZING! I have also seen the fireworks from Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian which were also fabulous!!! but are there other restaurants that you can see Wishes from? Like at the Poly? or in the park? How are the fireworks if you are eating in the castle itself? can you even see them or do they go to high up? I am just wondering because when (and if) I ever get there with my boyfriend I wanna make sure my “romantic dinner places” list is updated!! :biggrin:

The best views from the Poly are from the beach, not inside a restaurant ('Ohana is the only one anyway).
Inside the park, you’ve got Crystal Palace, although I don’t believe they play the show soundtrack inside. I still prefer to excuse myself from the table and go outside to watch.
Fireworks lose much of their impact when there’s a sheet of glass between the explosions and your body.
If you are eating inside the castle during fireworks, you won’t see any of the castle fireworks, just the big stuff on the other side of the railroad tracks.
MK fireworks are best viewed with the castle in front of you, preferably somewhere on Main Street.

We loved our spot by the bridge on the way to TA. Not as hectic as Main Street and a good view too.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;912508]We loved our spot by the bridge on the way to TA. Not as hectic as Main Street and a good view too.[/QUOTE]

love to watch wishes from the bridge, but our favorite is on main street station, but you need to be there a very long time before it starts. it’s a great place to film from :heart:

Any way to answer your question- Narcoossee’s is a grate place to see wishes although you need to go out side to get the best view, they play the sound track, you can also see the electric boat precession from here. also the California Grill is a good place to watch from the roof terrace quiet romantic:heart::wub:

were ever you book ask about the fireworks and they will give you a heads up for other stuff going on and the best time to book.

good luck and enjoy

[QUOTE=jimbo;912576]love to watch wishes from the bridge, but our favorite is on main street station, but you need to be there a very long time before it starts. it’s a great place to film from :heart:

Any way to answer your question- Narcoossee’s is a grate place to see wishes although you need to go out side to get the best view, they play the sound track, you can also see the electric boat precession from here. also the California Grill is a good place to watch from the roof terrace quiet romantic:heart::wub:

were ever you book ask about the fireworks and they will give you a heads up for other stuff going on and the best time to book.

good luck and enjoy[/QUOTE]

This has been a classic example of men not been able to multi task, I completely forgot what i had read about you love of California Grill and Narcoossee’s as I had a phone call then looked at your title.

SORRY:blush::blush::mad::blush::wub:

[QUOTE=jimbo;912577]This has been a classic example of men not been able to multi task, I completely forgot what i had read about you love of California Grill and Narcoossee’s as I had a phone call then looked at your title.

SORRY:blush::blush::mad::blush::wub:[/QUOTE]

Jimbo you did make me laugh- anyway back to topic we love the bridge view too.

[QUOTE=jimbo;912577]This has been a classic example of men not been able to multi task, I completely forgot what i had read about you love of California Grill and Narcoossee’s as I had a phone call then looked at your title.

SORRY:blush::blush::mad::blush::wub:[/QUOTE]

lol you are too funny thank you for your input though… i really didn’t know there was a deck you could watch the fireworks from at the California Grill.

I’ve seen the fireworks plenty of times, but never from the California Grill. I can imagine that is one of the best places! :slight_smile:
Enjoy!

Can I ask you guys something?I was thinking about dinner at California Grill for my trip in May?What time would be good for viewing the fireworks?It won’t be dark that time of year until at least 8 pm or so I’m guessing.Does anyone know what time the fireworks show usually starts that time of year? Thanks!

Hi crazy, i’m not sure but i believe the fireworks start at around 9:00 right before the park closes during the summer months. Don’t hold me on this because I might be wrong. I was say a good time is late 7. Also, we usually see them from the tomorrowland bridge to. We get icecream and just sit their and watch!

• Justin

[QUOTE=crazykidsmom;914753]Can I ask you guys something?I was thinking about dinner at California Grill for my trip in May?What time would be good for viewing the fireworks?It won’t be dark that time of year until at least 8 pm or so I’m guessing.Does anyone know what time the fireworks show usually starts that time of year? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Wishes is usually 9 or 10 PM, even in summer.
From experience, any reservation 90 minutes before showtime will be fine. Reservations 30 minutes before time are fine as well.
Meals at California Grill usually take 2 hours.
A little known fact is that if you’ve eaten at California Grill that night, but early, you will still be allowed to go back upstairs to view that evening’s fireworks. So, you don’t have to worry about finishing your meal and trying to hold your table all the way up until showtime. This frees up valuable tables and waiting areas for other diners and still gives you the same benefit as if you were actually dining at showtime.

Thanks for the tip ,I might eat there earlier and come back for the fireworks later.Going out that late for a meal with my kids might not end well!I didn’t know that you were allowed to do that,so thanks again (You may have saved me from hours of whining!)

For an inexpensive (errr… less expensive) Wishes dining option, The Plaza Restaurant has a great view of the castle. We ended up with a window seat, and our view was great. Plus, they leave the doors open, so you can hear the soundtrack.

definitely the restaurant on top of the contemporary me and my g/f did that once and it was amazing!!! the food was about a 7 1/2 but when wishes comes on they put the music in the restaurant and you can see it like right next to it. literally. lol!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;915155]For an inexpensive (errr… less expensive) Wishes dining option, The Plaza Restaurant has a great view of the castle. We ended up with a window seat, and our view was great. Plus, they leave the doors open, so you can hear the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

If I can’t feel the concussion wave from the big bursts, it’s just not the same.
I can’t have a piece of glass between me and the natural sound of the explosions.
That’s why, whenever I have eaten at Crystal Palace during Wishes (it’s never open during hard ticket events:crying::pirate:), I have always excused myself from the table and gone outside to watch. I never really worry about having a table near the windows. Same goes for California Grill and Narcoossee’s.
I always go outside to watch, wherever I am.

The Noodle Station has a wonderful view… I know it’s not wildly romantic. LOL

We enjoyed wishes from the Poly Beach once. Very romantic!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;920283]The Noodle Station has a wonderful view… I know it’s not wildly romantic. LOL

We enjoyed wishes from the Poly Beach once. Very romantic![/QUOTE]

Totally agree!! We watch from the Noodle Station every year. Tink Flys right over your head and you get the perfect perspective to the fireworks from both sides of the castle.

We also saw wishes from the Tomorrowland Speedway. Everyone stopped on the back stretch and watched the fireworks in the middle of our ride. It was so cool.

I was wondering if a group went to like crystal palace can everyone step outside before your done eating to watch wishes? I don’t think that it would be possible, but you never know.

[QUOTE=DiZ NeE O8;920304]I was wondering if a group went to like crystal palace can everyone step outside before your done eating to watch wishes? I don’t think that it would be possible, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is! there is a decent view from the one side of the esturant but when i went in high school with a group of about 25 we all got up and watched the fireworks on the porch it was so much fun! Ahhh memories :blush:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;920283]The Noodle Station has a wonderful view… I know it’s not wildly romantic. LOL

We enjoyed wishes from the Poly Beach once. Very romantic![/QUOTE]

I love the idea of the poly beach! do you have to be staying at the resort to be able to be on the beach that late? OMG how cute! i think i am getting chills!:wub: