Best sit down resturant to try

If I wanted to try a good sit down resturant for the first time, what would you say I should try? A good dinner one.

I know this is an ever-popular answer, but I really do love California Grill. It’s my suggestion.:happy:

I am really wanting to try that one. How kid friendly is it?

Somewhat child - freindly. It has a dress code and there is no area for wandering children. It is a subdued atmosphere, tranquil.

DH and I have been so fortunate that two times we went, we had grandparents with us and they gladly took our kiddies for the evening, so I don’t have personal experience with kids there. I think children would be fine; I would take mine, but I would give them a big pep talk about good manners and all.:laugh:How old are your kids?

8 and 10. Yeah, they can be a bit,um,well, a good pep talk, maybe would work. Maybe I should just stick to the family(kid friendly resturants) sit down meals.

We really like Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. Children never a problem here! A good time will be had by all!!

Victoria & Albert’s is pretty kid friendly.:laugh:

My #1 favorite restaurant is California Grill. Amazing food and an incredible view!

My other 2 favorites are Kona at the Poly and Raglan Road at DTD. Kona is delicious and kid-friendly - there are always lots of families there when I go. I like Raglan Road but I haven’t been in a few years. Last time I was there it was a dark and cozy atmosphere with loud music and Irish dancing. I believe the menu has changed since I was last there but I’m not sure about the atmosphere/entertainment.

We’re trying WC for the first time in just a few weeks! I think DS will LOVE it!

:laugh:A pep talk always works for my older two, but my youngest . . . it depends on the mood she’s already in. :laugh:

I continue to think everyone should give Turf Club Bar and Grill a try over at Saratoga Springs Resort! They are terrific!

#1 for us is Bistro de Paris located in France upstairs from Le Chef’s de France. Top end food, overboard service. And we have seen many kids there.
#2 is a tie. Narcoossee’s at the GF for the lighter atmosphere or WC at WL for the steaks alone.

Sit Down as in non-buffet?

We like:
Kona (Poly)
Les Chefs de France (Epcot)
Wolf Gang Pucks (DTD)
Tony’s Town Square (MK-so only non-alcoholic drinks!:whistling)

I’ve never tried California Grill, since it doesn’t say “kid friendly” to me. My girls are well behaved, but I’m going to wait a few years! :angel:

I think California Grill is a little too adult for kids. Some might enjoy it - but it’s not really a restaurant geared towards children.

We like Chefs de France, The Turf Club, LeCellier, Flying Fish, Artist’s Point; all have good food and a relaxed atmosphere.

Cali Grill is very good. 'Ohana is also good if you like meat. Teppan Edo is one of our favorites even with kids.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1042332]My #1 favorite restaurant is California Grill. Amazing food and an incredible view!

My other 2 favorites are Kona at the Poly and Raglan Road at DTD. Kona is delicious and kid-friendly - there are always lots of families there when I go. I like Raglan Road but I haven’t been in a few years. Last time I was there it was a dark and cozy atmosphere with loud music and Irish dancing. I believe the menu has changed since I was last there but I’m not sure about the atmosphere/entertainment.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about Ragland Road. That was one is was interested in trying.

a close friend of mine just returned… he tried Akershus in Norway. i was always a little scared to try it fearing they’d only have fish on the menu… it was apparently quite the contrary. he loved it! his twin daughters also had a blast having the chance to meet 5 princesses in one night!

love ragland road! magners on tap! i try to avoid it though at risk of being 3 sheets the duration of my stay.

Chef de France and Wolfgang’s