Best Sushi In Disney?

I’ve never tried sushi before and I’m really looking to have a good first experience with it while I’m at Disney. Suggestions? Anyone tried it there?

California Grill has great sushi! We were pleasantly surprised when we tried it. We’ve also heard that The Swan, or is that the Dolphin?, has a restaurant that has excellent sushi as well.

I love the sushi at Kimonos at the Swan. I’ve been thinking about it all year and can’t wait for my sushi fix.

Ah…it’s the Swan:)

:blush:I think, I always get the two mixed up.

My pick for WDW sushi is Cakifornia Grill! Yum! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

Awesome! Thanks! Has anyone heard anything about the sushi from Wolfgang Puck? Or the Japanese place at Epcot?

DD boyfriend had at the Japanese place in Epcot and he said it was WONDERFUL. They went there for lunch and DD said they were treated like royalty. she said she would definitely go there again.

Awesome!! I’ll definitely check it out then. Thank you!

I do like Tokyo Dining for sushi. I think it’s pretty good and have eaten there about 6 times now, but there are one or two people who post here who have had less pleasurable meals.

I am sad no one has mentioned Kona Cafe, they have great sushi from the Sushi bar upstairs in the Poly.

Definitely. And don’t forget the karaoke that goes with it. :wub:

I’m not a fan of sushi but my dh and daughters could live on it. They love Tokyo Dining - and I love the restaurant for being so beautiful, restful and having the most charming servers in WDW. The warm towels are nice too. And the tempura’s pretty good. Ditto the green tea. A plus if you can get a window seat and people-watch.

As long as it’s not me singing–you’ll all be glad for that.

From what I’ve seen their offerings are really limited.

Kimono’s @ the Swan has, imho, the best. Nice, nice staff too. They do take out.
Next would be CA Grill, but it’s really expensive.
Love to go to the Poly too. Sushi and their wings!!! Ummmm.
Those are the only places I would order sushi in Disney.
Frank

I got some take out sushi once.
I don’t get it. I heated it up and it tasted like fish:blink:

>>I got some take out sushi once.<<
Kimono’s makes it to order and you pick it up and I guess take it back to your room.
Not sure why you wouldn’t eat it there, but maybe for the conference solo guests who want “semi” room service.
They do quite a good take out service too. Constant in and out.
What does Emeril say… if it “smells” like fish, go for the duck!!!<g>
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1031397]Kimono’s @ the Swan has, imho, the best. Nice, nice staff too. They do take out.
Next would be CA Grill, but it’s really expensive.
Love to go to the Poly too. Sushi and their wings!!! Ummmm.
Those are the only places I would order sushi in Disney.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I think I’m going to go with California Grill! The price will be worth not risking spitting it back into my napkin! Haha :blow:

[QUOTE=fjs08;1031420]>>I got some take out sushi once.<<
Kimono’s makes it to order and you pick it up and I guess take it back to your room.
Not sure why you wouldn’t eat it there, but maybe for the conference solo guests who want “semi” room service.
They do quite a good take out service too. Constant in and out.
What does Emeril say… if it “smells” like fish, go for the duck!!!<g>
Frank[/QUOTE]

(He missed the joke:huh:)
There’s plenty of reasons someone would want their sushi to go, including eating out on the boardwalk. I don’t question that and think it’s great they offer it. Many sushi restaurants won’t.