Best Sushi in the World

After reading SoundGod’s post about WGP’s sushi it got me thinking. Who has the best sushi in WDW?

I would love to hear everyones opinions on where and what to order or their favorites when visiting WDW. As most sushi lovers know, not all sushi is created equal! So give me some ideas on where and what to order my next trip.

Here is a photo of one of my favorites at California Grill ~ Spicy Sensation :wub:(post #22)

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/34757-mickeymottos-freezing-february-photo-trip-report-2.html

I don’t think I’ve ever had sushi at WDW but the sushi bar at the Poly looked delicious!

DH and I had some sushi at Teppan Edo on our last trip and loved it.

I am excited about checking that out too. When we were there last August, they didn’t have the sushi bar yet, so I didn’t get to try it. I look forward to trying some next trip. I would love to hear from anyone who has been there recently. I am so glad they added this at the Poly, its a nice new dining option.:happy:

Really! What did you order?

We are planning ADRs there for lunch next trip.

We stopped in the sushi bar/restaurant and the Swan last month and LOVED it. OMG was it ever good. I wanted to go back last weekend but we just didn’t have time.

Kimonos Sushi Bar Dinner - Swan

I saw those pictures. This is one way to get me to visit the Poly :laugh:
I cannot remember ever having had sushi other than in Epcot’s Japan. That was years ago.
Can’t wait to see all the posts for this thread

[QUOTE=Dopey;851794]I saw those pictures. This is one way to get me to visit the Poly :laugh:
I cannot remember ever having had sushi other than in Epcot’s Japan. That was years ago.
Can’t wait to see all the posts for this thread[/QUOTE]

I posted a picture in my TR too. It looks really awesome.

They have a sushi bar where you can just eat sushi or you can order it from Kona as well. I thought about it but Dave isn’t a big sushi guy.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;851790]We stopped in the sushi bar/restaurant and the Swan last month and LOVED it. OMG was it ever good. I wanted to go back last weekend but we just didn’t have time.

Kimonos Sushi Bar Dinner - Swan[/QUOTE]

There looks like some yummy things on the menu. I have never been to either the Swan or Dolphin. I might just have to make a side trip for this one. I have heard some other good reviews about the food there too.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;851789]Really! What did you order?

We are planning ADRs there for lunch next trip.[/QUOTE]
DH had the Sushi Sampler which had tuna, yellow tail, shrimp nigiri, and 2 pieces of California Roll . I had the Crispy Sulkyaki beef roll which is grilled in front of you before they start the dinner.

We both really enjoyed the sushi and the dinner.

[QUOTE=Dopey;851794]
Can’t wait to see all the posts for this thread[/QUOTE]

Me too! Food + Photos = :biggrin:

You might want to check out the men’s restroom across from Kimonos while you’re there, I hear the urinals are awesome…Let’s just say DT had a little too much to drink that night and leave it at that. :blush:

[QUOTE=cinderbella;851797]I posted a picture in my TR too. It looks really awesome.

They have a sushi bar where you can just eat sushi or you can order it from Kona as well. I thought about it but Dave isn’t a big sushi guy.[/QUOTE]

I saw that in you TR.:happy:

I didn’t know they served it Kona now too!!! How neat is that. Now I can get all the kids to go too. Only my youngest, Sean eats sushi, so if we can order it while at Kona, the other two can order their Teriyaki Steak that they love so much and everyone is happy!:laugh:

[QUOTE=yankeevttch;851807]DH had the Sushi Sampler which had tuna, yellow tail, shrimp nigiri, and 2 pieces of California Roll . I had the Crispy Sulkyaki beef roll which is grilled in front of you before they start the dinner.

We both really enjoyed the sushi and the dinner.[/QUOTE]

Sounds delishh! I can’t wait to go to Teppan Edo next trip.

Do you know if you can order from the Tokyo Dining menu while you are Teppan Edo? :huh:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;851814]Sounds delishh! I can’t wait to go to Teppan Edo next trip.

Do you know if you can order from the Tokyo Dining menu while you are Teppan Edo? :huh:[/QUOTE]

I don’t know. We only looked at the one menu. It hurt to ask.

Well… if I have a few too many (which isn’t many) and end up in the Men’s restroom it won’t be the first time its happened!:blush::laugh:

But now that you have peaked my interest, I may have to request DH to go take photos just so I can check them out!:laugh:

Hey, didn’t Cavey have a TR awhile back with all the WDW restrooms? Maybe we can talk him onto a new assignment ~ Updated WDW RR’s for his next TR!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;851817]Well… if I have a few too many (which isn’t many) and end up in the Men’s restroom it won’t be the first time its happened!:blush::laugh:

But now that you have peaked my interest, I may have to request DH to go take photos just so I can check them out!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I just remember my DH coming out and telling the other guy we were with about the ultimate urinal in the restroom. The other guy went in and came back out and agreed they were very nice and most impressive. And well… I didn’t think about taking a photo at the time. :blush:

I still think we should give this to Cavey as new mission!:laugh:

I agree. I was in too much of a hurry to take a picture. :laugh:

The only WDW sushi I’ve had is at the California Grill and last fall I had a couple of rolls in Epcot while at the Food and Wine Festival. We had the Spicy Sensation at CG, and it was truly the best sushi I’ve ever had in my entire life (and we eat sushi almost every Saturday night). I would love to try some sushi at other WDW places, but I truly doubt anything can top Spicy Sensation for me!