Best thanksgiving dinner on property

we are going down to WDW next year for thanksgiving, what is everyone’s thoughts on the best thanksgiving dinner on property?

Well, actual Thanksgiving meal is at Liberty Tree Tavern, but I am not sure if you mean turkey, etc. or just the best meal…

I think the best “Thanksgiving meal” is at Liberty Tree Tavern too. We really enjoy it!!! If I were there on Thanksgiving, that is where I would book our dinner.

We did Thanksgiving at WDW, ate at Chefs de France. Most restaurants don’t do anything special and the few that add in a turkey dinner don’t really advertise it until a few days before. If turkey dinner is a must get your reservations in to Liberty Tree pronto.

Other than that Thanksgiving is like any other day at Disney.

When we went for Thanksgiving we did the Crystal Palace and loved it. The Pooh characters were there, and are one of the family favorites. The buffet was very nice with all the usual Thanksgiving goodies, plus a lot of non-traditional dishes.

The thing we remember most was our server, when he found out our DD has nut allergies he brought the chef out who then took our DD on a guided tour of the buffet to tell her what she could and couldn’t have. She was clearly bummed that the sweet potatoes had nuts in them, next thing you know the chef sends out a special dish of sweet potatoes without nuts just for her.

That was the dinner that really showed just how far Disney will go for their guests. ( We had the same kind of outstanding treatment on the Disney Wonder )

-Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1097655]When we went for Thanksgiving we did the Crystal Palace and loved it. The Pooh characters were there, and are one of the family favorites. The buffet was very nice with all the usual Thanksgiving goodies, plus a lot of non-traditional dishes.

The thing we remember most was our server, when he found out our DD has nut allergies he brought the chef out who then took our DD on a guided tour of the buffet to tell her what she could and couldn’t have. She was clearly bummed that the sweet potatoes had nuts in them, next thing you know the chef sends out a special dish of sweet potatoes without nuts just for her.

That was the dinner that really showed just how far Disney will go for their guests. ( We had the same kind of outstanding treatment on the Disney Wonder )

-Harry[/QUOTE]

We had a similar experience at Crystal Palace a few years ago. My oldest DD was lactose intolerant, and my husband just happened to ask the chef at the buffett if there was milk in something. The chef immediately asked why and where are table was. Within 2 minutes a chef came out of the kitchen, to our table, and asked our daughter what breakfast items she would like, and he would make them all lactose free for her. She was so happy that she was able to have everything she wanted to eat. It was so wonderful!

We’ve done Thanksgiving twice. Once at Garden Grill and the other at Chef Mickey’s. Both were very good and did not disappoint. There was turkey, etc at both.

Mickey’s Backyard BBQ is our favorite. Technically, it is Mickey’s Backyard Thanksgiving Feast.

Thanksgiving food buffet-style: Turkey, glazed ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and all the Mickey Bars you can eat. Mickey and friends come out to dance with the kids while the live band plays country and Christmas songs.

The food is great and the character interaction is the best. Standard photo ops are nice, but I have video and pictures of the kids dancing away with Mickey and Minnie.