Best value table service paying cash

I’ve found loads of info on ddp best value table service. Which one makes out the credits.

However, I’m going cash this trip so what are my go to good values. I’m not looking cheap, but bang for the buck, atmosphere. I liked Tusker house for value. Ideas?

Kona Cafe is really good and not pricey.

we were not thrilled with tusker house. we love CP, and liberty tree tavern. lunch … la hacenda is also very good. .

Biergarten in Epcot at lunch. It’s almost the exact same food as dinner (2 or 3 fewer items) but it’s like $10 cheaper - and it’s a buffet.

I would second Kona, and recommend lunch at Le Cellier.

There’s also my “very last breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace for breakfast and dawdle so that they’ve put out lunch before you’re finished eating but still only pay for breakfast” brunch routine. And the lunch menu at CP is almost the same as the dinner menu.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe is usually a good value. Even if you’re not on the dining plan, I like Tutto Italia, but it is pricey when not paid up front.

Yak and Yeti sit down (not counter).
Over all, I’d say the buffets offer better bang for the buck than ala carte or plated meals.
I’m sorry, I’m starting to draw blank.

PS: The one time I was able to get a breakfast reservation for Tusker House, I was largely underwhelmed, especially when compared to Boma.

I guess the buffets are good value if you have big eaters - if you don’t, it’s the absolute opposite.

I second LeCellier for lunch. If you eat late, it can morph into an early dinner. The Turf Club at SSR is surprisingly good and pretty reasonably priced. We liked Wolfgang Puck Cafe last trip and if you just go to split a pizza, Via Napoli is good. And have to add my vote for Kona Cafe. Just a really good place for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

This is still so subjective that in the end, you’re still going to have to go back and study menus and do the math to determine what works best for your appetites and wallets.

If your crew have different likes, the buffets are the way to go for sure. You could also do a table for dinner or breakfast every other day and then mix it up with counters or food courts on the days you don’t have a table ressie. That is what we use to do when we didn’t do the DDP.

I am by no means an expert, since I haven’t been to WDW in awhile…

But, I remember (and very much looking forward to returning this trip) Ohana’ being a good value for the $…The food kept coming and it was delicious!!! We paid OOP that trip and would gladly do it again for that meal…even though this go-around we are using DDP.

That is very true. I don’t think buffets/all you can eat restaurants are a good value for my family but I’m sure they are for others. I just don’t feel like we eat $25-$35 at any of the buffets. However, we enjoy some all you can eat restaurants and buffets so we go anyway.

Agree with DT. Buffets offer great variety and of our family of 5, 3 of us may benefit with the cost. The other 2 DD’s 13 & 12, it’s not justifiable in any manner. $25 for some mac n cheese or mashed taters, a chicken leg and a cookie. Don’t think so! So it really depends on the eating habits of your family.

The last time we were at Chef Mickey’s we paid $27 for a bowl of Rice Krispies and a glass of milk. Not a good value.

I hope the Krispies were at least gold! :blink:

We eat big most times when at WDW. I agree Tutto Italia is pricey if OOP, $22 for ravioli’s :eek:! Buffets are the way to go for us. We totally ate our weight at Crystal Palace a few yrs ago. I was pregnant, need I say more? lol

No but at least I have a picture to remember it by. :laugh:

I remember our very first trip to CMs, although it cost whatever it cost back then, I think DS ate maybe a pancake, a piece of sausage , a bite of scrambled eggs and had some milk…

But…

When Pluto came to our table, I offered him a sausage link…he rolled over, played dead, ran around in circles and then begged…DS LOVED it…so made it all worth the price!!!

[QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1081255]I remember our very first trip to CMs, although it cost whatever it cost back then, I think DS ate maybe a pancake, a piece of sausage , a bite of scrambled eggs and had some milk…

But…

When Pluto came to our table, I offered him a sausage link…he rolled over, played dead, ran around in circles and then begged…DS LOVED it…so made it all worth the price!!![/QUOTE]

And there you have it, what makes it worth it to me always, is the fact that its at Disney. I absolutely would not pay $25 for macaroni and cheese & chicken nuggets at home, but at Disney, it is just not something that I even think about that way.

You’re right, we also would never pay Disney prices at home but we do it every trip and don’t give it much thought. There’s more to it than just the food, there are characters or a great show like Hoop Dee Doo.

Exactly! :happy:

cape may is not expensive for the type of food…and we thought ohanas was pretty good also…