Best viewing area for Wishes and ELP?

Our first day at WDW we will settle into our resort and then head to MK for the Electric Light Parade and Wishes. Where is the best place for us to find a spot to view both? We would like to be able to see Tink fly too! :blush:

I would love to see the parade and then head into the Plaza Restaurant for dessert and watch Wishes - any chance that could happen??

Thanks!! :heart: :heart:

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1137543]Our first day at WDW we will settle into our resort and then head to MK for the Electric Light Parade and Wishes. Where is the best place for us to find a spot to view both? We would like to be able to see Tink fly too! :blush:

I would love to see the parade and then head into the Plaza Restaurant for dessert and watch Wishes - any chance that could happen??

Thanks!! :heart: :heart:[/QUOTE]

We have seen all of the night time fun at different places in the MK, and you get a different perspective from each spot. If you want to see Tink Fly overhead, we like to stand on the “bridge” as we call it to tomorrow land…she will fly over your head and you can see wishes from there too…however…for the best of Wishes, we prefer up on the train station. You get a head on view from up there, but it is farther back. Also, to sit up there, you need to save your spot 2hours ahead of time…one saves the spot and the rest shop on main street etc…

We also like to watch the ELP from up there too…usually we will sit on the curb and watch it one night and then sit up top and watch it on our last night there…

Either way, we have found for the best spots to view the parade and Wishes, you need to be in place an hour to 1 1/2 hrs ahead. Spots in Frontierland for parade viewing do not fill up as early.

Have fun…

To get the best view of Tink, we always set up shop right by Casey’s. Gets very crowded in that area. We discovered a different view point of seeing the fireworks is in the back, where Dumbo use to be, near the opening of Fantasyland. They pop right over your head.

Maybe we could do the Parade one night and the fireworks/tink on another night? What about the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party?

…they only hold that at certain times…we wanted to book that last year when we were there in August, but they were not offering it…you can check online to see if they are offering the Desert Party while you are there, but I read somewhere that it was just during the summer months…check to be sure though…

I highly recommend to split the parade and fireworks into two nights if you have the time…if you have the park hopper, you can come over later in the day for one or the other—just don’t wait too long—as we found out, the best spots go fast…

Thanks Smallworld and Beth! I would love to see Wishes from the train station but it will be our first night and I will never have the patience to wait for 2 hrs! :slight_smile:

Yes…unfortunately that spot does require saving way ahead of time…there are the others that don’t require you wait so long… :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if Liberty Square is as crowded as Main St during ELP?

…no it’s not as crowded in my experience…there are good spots all along the route back there—and it doesn’t fill up as fast as it does on Main Street…

Jessica—make sure you are at a good spot right up to the rope—in front of the Liberty Square Market there is a good place…or just any place along there at the rope…if you sit on the wall or in a spot where people can get in front of you—they will…believe me they will…so sit right up to the rope—along the way there… :happy:

Smallworld, there is a wall to sit on!? I hate to sit on the ground, and I have a difficult time getting up gracefully :laugh: :laugh: if I sit on the wall could my family sit in front of me without blocking the entire walkway?

Thanks so much for sharing all your info!! :heart:

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1137589]Smallworld, there is a wall to sit on!? I hate to sit on the ground, and I have a difficult time getting up gracefully :laugh: :laugh: if I sit on the wall could my family sit in front of me without blocking the entire walkway?

Thanks so much for sharing all your info!! :heart:[/QUOTE]

…there are a few spots along the frontierland and Liberty square that have a wall, however most are not up against the rope. In some places I think it is closer than others so if you sit on the low wall there and put family infront at first, you can stand up at the last minute to see perhaps. They never used to let you stand up on that wall—perhaps that has changed—but would ask you to get down —even kids—even though it wasn’t high up…it’s just that brick and or slate wall/ledge thing that kids love to walk across.

Scout it out ahead of time—you can see where the ropes will be places by the covered “holes” in the concrete and base your position on that. Ropes usually go up for the parades about 1 1/2 hours ahead of time if I remember correctly. It has been a few years since we watched from back there.

The worst part of parades and fireworks for us is the fact that we get there 2 hours ahead to get a good spot, and then people run up and push their strollers in between DD and I or place their kids in front of us. I don’t mind putting a little child on the curb next to me if they have been waiting with their family patiently for a while, but to run up as the parade is coming and ram the stroller into the back of us yelling that their child can’t see irks me to no end!! I never ever did that with my daughter!! If we didn’t get in place, we took what place was left!! My point being if you have a good spot don’t let people push you out of the way or get in front of you…it is not as bad in the “back” of the park so you should be ok with wherever you choose.

Hope this helps. :happy:

I had a couple do that to.me one year for the halloween parade dh and set there for two hours only to have a couple push there son in front of me only problem he was taller then I am when I asked to sit down there father got made told me I was rude

Thank you so much! I think we will try to sit in that area.

…you are very welcome…just a reminder, it’s a great area for watching any of the parades go by, but NOT the fireworks…you have to clear the buildings and trees to view Wishes… :happy:

Smallworld- We thought that we would have time to walk toward the rotary in front of the castle to view the fireworks after the parade. Do you not think we will have time to do this? We just need to make it across the bridge to see Tink fly. Right?:huh:

Oh yes…especially if the parade starts in the back and works it’s way toward the front…Wishes won’t start for a while…(the parade reverses itself)

I don’t know the time schedule when you are there (I used to be able to check times for the parade and fireworks on the website but I’m not sure if you can still do that), but it’s never right after each other—there is time in between…you will see many people leave after the parade if their kids are tired. And you can move into place…as long as you are in the “zone” past the trees and buildings, you will see Tink fly…she’s pretty fast and pretty tiny so if you want to see her up close and overhead, you need to be on what I call the “tomorrowland bridge”…however, as long as you clear the buildings in Liberty than you will be able to see her…and you have plenty of time to do that…

main street station is our favourite place we saw mvmc a few years ago right at the front of the railings fantastic. However you give up seeing tink and the projection on the castle.
we are doing wishes desert party for the first time this year cannot wait for that.
last year we did MNSSHP stood right in front of the castle. it was the worst place we have seen the fireworks.

Best overall view for Wishes is Main Street just north of Casey’s Corner and the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour. You’re not too close and not to far from the castle so that all of the bursts are in proper perspective. Also, you will have a clear view of Tink’s slide down the wire.
After that, stake out a spot on either side of Main Street, or better still the southwest corner where Main Street and the Hub Circle meet.
Another good spot for the parade is the southern edge of the Hub looking south down Main Street at the train station and flagpole.
If you’re going to do the early parade and then watch Wishes, these are still the best suggestions.

Download and watch my Wishes and Main Street Electrical Parade videos. You’ll get a better idea what I’m talking about.

[QUOTE=jimbo;1137649]
last year we did MNSSHP stood right in front of the castle. it was the worst place we have seen the fireworks.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the worst place is on the north side of the castle. Yes, you will have a clear view of the high bursts, but you’ll get whiplash rapidly turning to watch the castle fireworks and the aerial bursts shot from north of the park (the big ones).
Someone said it was their favorite so we tried it once. Really bad. So is the idea of watching from inside CRT, again, you miss so much.
And you don’t want to watch fireworks anywhere from the Hub right in front of the castle south to the Tomorrowland footpath bypass. You’re too close, will get a stiff neck, and the castle will block a lot of the big bursts.