Best waterpark for a 5 year old?

we are going to wdw in april, and are planning to bring our 5 year old and 1 year old to their first waterpark. which of the two does everyone feel would be the better choice for the 5 year old (the 1 year old will pretty much be hanging out w. mommy or daddy while the other one watches the older guy. i was originally planning to go to TL - but i have heard conflicting opinions about the kiddie areas of both…thanks for the help guys…

My 3 and 2 yo’s really enjoyed Katchakidee Creek at TL last year…Just my two cents…

We prefer TL. It is more shaded, there is more area to get out of the sun when you are walking between attractions.

The Lazy River here is great, as is the wave pool.

The kids areas are just as fun as at BB. Plus where else can you swim with sharks?? :wink: Which my DD did on our first trip, when she was 3. She came out of the water and said “Mommy, did you know there were sharks in there?” LOL, it was so cute!

There is no way you can go wrong because both parks are great. I’m leaning a little more towards TL because of the wave pool.

I have only been to Typhoon Lagoon once so the things I’m about to mention may be there too… but I immediately thought Blizzard Beach in response to your question because it has the Ski Patrol Training Camp area for kids, Tike’s Peak for littler ones, and the big family raft ride Teamboat Springs.

I agree with other comments - either one would be lots of fun! Plenty to do in both places! :happy:

I think they’re both good for little ones.

I think they are both good. they have their different things but both are equally good. only big difference is the shade, TL has shade and BB basically doesn’t

One thing to keep in mind TL is heated and BB is not depending on the weather it may not matter, but i’m such a suck.

Actually, BB, like all WDW pools, is heated. Some reports are that the water is kept at 72 degress, and others report 80 degrees. In any event, we have been there in cold weather, and the water was really warm.

Chris – because you are from NJ (like me!), you might enjoy TL the most, because it has a tropical island theme. After a snowy New England winter, I like to be surrounded by palm trees and parrots, instead of ice caps and snowflakes.

Both BB and TL have areas for small kids. The TL area is well off to the left as you enter the park, and it features small water slides and gentle little water guns and so forth, Nice! The BB area for little ones is off to the right as you enter the park, and the slides are a little longer, and it’s also a ton of fun for little kids.

Whichever park you choose, there will be perfect stuff for your whole family to enjoy.

The water is heated as needed. BB was open a week or so ago when it was 55 degrees in Orlando and there were people actually swimming.

Blizzard Beach, Disney Blizzard Beach - wdwinfo.com
The water at Blizzard is heated year-round between 75 to 80 degrees, with the exception of the melting snow in the ice cave of Cross Country Creek.

When my kids were that age they preferred TL over BB; and still today at 8 and 7 they prefer TL.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;926374]Actually, BB, like all WDW pools, is heated. Some reports are that the water is kept at 72 degress, and others report 80 degrees. In any event, we have been there in cold weather, and the water was really warm.

Chris – because you are from NJ (like me!), you might enjoy TL the most, because it has a tropical island theme. After a snowy New England winter, I like to be surrounded by palm trees and parrots, instead of ice caps and snowflakes.

Both BB and TL have areas for small kids. The TL area is well off to the left as you enter the park, and it features small water slides and gentle little water guns and so forth, Nice! The BB area for little ones is off to the right as you enter the park, and the slides are a little longer, and it’s also a ton of fun for little kids.

Whichever park you choose, there will be perfect stuff for your whole family to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

good point - i hate the frggin snow, and all it has done for tha last month is snow…

Depending on how many Fun days you have, you could try both. We did that the first time we took DS who was 8 at the time. Turned out we all preferred TL over BB. We’ve been down twice since and haven’t even gone back to BB, only TL. They are already talking about going to TL on this year’s trip.

It is also pretty easy to navigate walking around the park. Try to get a map before you go and map out where you want to stake out a seat/table.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;926376]The water is heated as needed. BB was open a week or so ago when it was 55 degrees in Orlando and there were people actually swimming.

Blizzard Beach, Disney Blizzard Beach - wdwinfo.com
The water at Blizzard is heated year-round between 75 to 80 degrees, with the exception of the melting snow in the ice cave of Cross Country Creek.[/QUOTE]

interesting as it was a CM in the park on our last visit who told us it was not heated