Best way to get to parks from Hilton

This is our first time staying (sort of) off-site. We are using reward pts. to stay at the Hilton across from Downtown Disney.

I am pretty sure there will be some kind of shuttle to get us to the parks - does anyone know how reliable/frequent they are? Would it be better to take a bus from the Marketplace to the Transportation and Ticket Center? I am thinking a slow shuttle would be faster than that but if anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

Any advice about this hotel would be greatly appreciated.

The one advantage is that the Hilton participates in EMH so you should have an early bus for that park each morning and evening. I have heard pro’s and con’s about how frequent they run. Depends on the number of people staying at the DTD hotels. They also p/u in a different place than the WDW busses at some park.
Will you have a car with you? If one of you has an AP you can park for free at the parks which sometimes is more flexible.

I can’t help you with how to get there other than there isn’t a bus from DtD Maketplace to MK or the T&T Center.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1004120]Depends on the number of people staying at the DTD hotels. They also p/u in a different place than the WDW busses at some park.
Will you have a car with you? If one of you has an AP you can park for free at the parks which sometimes is more flexible.[/QUOTE]

Do the DTD hotels share the same bus :ohmy:?

No, we won’t have a car. How much is a taxi ride to the parks and where can a taxi drop you off?

Pam&Rich is right, the Hilton has buses to each park and EMH.

[QUOTE=fearless1123;1004127]Do the DTD hotels share the same bus :ohmy:?

No, we won’t have a car. How much is a taxi ride to the parks and where can a taxi drop you off?[/QUOTE]

Depends on which park. From the Hilton, MK will be the most expensive at around $15, Epcot and AK will be about $13 and DHS will be about $11.

To get back to the Hilton, it depends on what you want to do. Here are some options if you don’t want the shared bus back to the Hilton:

• From MK, walk to the Contemporary and take the bus to DTD. You can easily walk from there (about 5 minutes)
  • From DHS, take the boat to the YC/BC and take the bus to DTD.
  • From Epcot, take the boar or walk to YC/BC and take the bus to DTD.

Honestly, you should give the shared bus a shot. We haven’t stayed on Hotel Blvd for a number of years, but the shared bus really isn’t that bad.

I stayed at the Hilton once a few years ago…same situation…using points. Hate to be Negative Nellie, but I vowed I’d never stay there again b/c of the bus service. We waited over an hour one morning for a bus…after multiple visits to the front desk, we were repeatedly told “The bus will be here in a few minutes.” We eventually just drove ourselves (we did have a car, thankfully…we just didn’t want to hassle with driving and parking).
Is renting a car an option for you? If not, taxi service may be your best bet. Good luck!

When MissSMIG and I stayed there we really didn’t have any problems getting to the parks, the bus was great. Since we wanted to see some of the hotels, we would take a bus to a resort - wonder a little and then take the bus to DTD. It is a very short walk to the Hilton.

fearless1123,

As noted by others there are lots of options. Figure out which is best and make the most of it. We run into the same bus issue if we do not stay on site and stay at the Bonnet Creek Wyndham timeshare.
Taxi’s do get expensive but we have used them periodically. Just smile. Your in the World. Lots of us wish we could be there with you. Darn real estate business.:laugh::angry:

We have stayed at the Downtown Disney Hilton frequently. I have found the bus service is no worse than Disney owned hotels but better than other Downtown Disney hotels.

A hint: if you are heading to a Disney hotel for dinner, cross the street to Downtown Disney and head right to the Disney owed buses which will take you right to the hotel of choice

This is all great advice. I am printing it all out so I don’t forget …SQUIRREL!!!

I knew I could count on this group. Thanks and I wish I could take you all with me.

Matt, there have been times I’ve had to take a taxi between Yacht/Beach and Contemporary, and that cost about $20.
Same goes for Epcot to Contemporary.
And remember, taxis to MK must drop passengers at TTC, not at the park gate like the other parks. When taking a taxi to MK, you’ll do better going to the Contemporary and walking in (Have the driver drop you off close to the traffic light/crosswalk under the monorail beam) or GF and take the monorail in.