Best way to get to World Showcase

With DH and I getting older, the walking sometimes is alot. We’re really not interested in the Front part of Epcot. I wish there was a tram/train to take you straight back to the beginning of the world showcase. Does Disney offer any kind of transport back, or what would be the best suggestion other than renting scooters. I’m not really interested in doing that as they aren’t really needed.

Well, you could go to the rear entrance through the international gateway.

Sue…I hear you on this…it is indeed a long way to the showcase…there really is no other way than scooter or walking…the idea I would suggest is that perhaps stay at an Epcot resort and take a boat to the International gateway.

It might take a touch longer (not much longer than walking from Future World I assure you), but you can bus it to Hollywood Studios and then boat it from there right to the International Gateway. DD and I did it one trip and it was really nice - I am actually doing the same exact thing in January after touring at HS in the morning.

I forgot about the boat, we never did that. That could be an option though. Even though it may take longer, it would save the legs! Where do you catch the boat at Hollywood Studios?

It’s off the the right of the entrance.

I forgot all about that option!!! We did that too one time when MGM closed early.

Long time ago…in a galaxy far far away…:laugh::laugh:…there were rumblings of doing another bus stop back in showcase where the empty “space” is…the logistics never worked due to having other things…and a waterway to go over …that were in the way…I don’t remember the exact original plans now but I have a friend who was a student CM at the time and told us all about it…

Do you mean that bus stop looking area just outside the south gate:cool:

Practice.

Oh, sorry. That’s the best way to get to Carnegie Hall.

I’ve been taking the DHS-Epcot bus instead of the boat more often than not.
The boat winds up being a real time killer more often than not.

Now, if you’re trying to get directly from your hotel to World Showcase, all of the options that go through DHS are real time killers and remember, there is no resort to resort bus transport. You’ll have to change at a park or DTD to pick up a bus to Boardwalk or Beach (the same bus about 50% of the time). It’s my opinion that you just bite the bullet on this one. I don’t see any alternatives that won’t add a lot of time. The full route of the Friendships takes about 45 minutes from DHS to Epcot. And that’s on top of the time to get to DHS. And don’t forget the time it will take from the International Gateway to the pavilions you’re going to.

Smallworld, if you stay at BWI, you’re going to have to make the stop at Yacht/Beach before continuing to Epcot. If you’re at Beach, the walking you do to the pier is a little less than if you’d just walked directly to Epcot. And that’s the thing. if you’re at a Crescent Lake resort, you’re probably going to be faster walking to Epcot than taking the Friendship. Starting with your not having to wait for the boat.

Oh…well…I don’t know where the southgate is!! Is that back in the back? hmmm Didn’t know that… Didn’t know they got that far with the idea…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122467]Practice.

Oh, sorry. That’s the best way to get to Carnegie Hall.

I’ve been taking the DHS-Epcot bus instead of the boat more often than not.
The boat winds up being a real time killer more often than not.

Now, if you’re trying to get directly from your hotel to World Showcase, all of the options that go through DHS are real time killers and remember, there is no resort to resort bus transport. You’ll have to change at a park or DTD to pick up a bus to Boardwalk or Beach (the same bus about 50% of the time). It’s my opinion that you just bite the bullet on this one. I don’t see any alternatives that won’t add a lot of time. The full route of the Friendships takes about 45 minutes from DHS to Epcot. And that’s on top of the time to get to DHS. And don’t forget the time it will take from the International Gateway to the pavilions you’re going to.

Smallworld, if you stay at BWI, you’re going to have to make the stop at Yacht/Beach before continuing to Epcot. If you’re at Beach, the walking you do to the pier is a little less than if you’d just walked directly to Epcot. And that’s the thing. if you’re at a Crescent Lake resort, you’re probably going to be faster walking to Epcot than taking the Friendship. Starting with your not having to wait for the boat.[/QUOTE]

Yes—I was just trying to keep Sue from actually walking so much but you are right on the boats…they are very slow and walking is faster—definitely…

Guess we’ll suck it up, walk slow, and maybe take a few “people watch” breaks.

would be nice if they put in a train or mini monorail to the back!

Not sure if this would help but isn’t there a boat that goes from one side of WS to the other? If you got to the back and didn’t want to do the full loop around you could catch that boat and save a few steps if it’s still running.

The boat does help. It goes from right where world showcase starts to either Morrocco or Germany. We took it, and it was fun to see the countries from the water. Kids loved it, and they are almost teenagers. It was very relaxing.

I didn’t take the internal Friendships into account.
Half the time I’m in Epcot, they’ve already shut down because they’ve already set out a lot of explosives for Illuminations.

[QUOTE=sue299;1122488]Guess we’ll suck it up, walk slow, and maybe take a few “people watch” breaks.

would be nice if they put in a train or mini monorail to the back![/QUOTE]

Sue, the boats may take a bit longer, but the small difference in time is definitely worth the extra enjoyment! I agree with Dana… take a bus from your resort to Studios, and then linger on a nice boat ride to EC. The boats are so fun, especially if you get an entertaining captain, and the scenery is so relaxing. At night, it is stunning.

And once inside the international Gateway, take some more boat rides in the park to pavilion-hop if you don’t feel like making the whole trip around the lake.

To be totally honest, sometimes after we get home from a trip and we are talking about our favorite parts of the vacation, the Friendship boats are almost always first in my mind!

The boats from DHS does take longer, but I didn’t think she was in a race to get the World showcase - I got the impression she just wanted to not walk as much. It’s such a nice boat ride - I love it!

[QUOTE=sue299;1122488]Guess we’ll suck it up, walk slow, and maybe take a few “people watch” breaks.

would be nice if they put in a train or mini monorail to the back![/QUOTE]

We could put in a good word for you at our favorite benches. :laugh::laugh:

Our trip last dec was one of our best because of all the breaks we took. We stayed at BCV, but still we walked as far as the beach/sidewalk and sat on a bench just to enjoy the view.

One of my favorite spots in sitting on a bench and watching the fountain at epcot.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122511]I didn’t take the internal Friendships into account.
Half the time I’m in Epcot, they’ve already shut down because they’ve already set out a lot of explosives for Illuminations.[/QUOTE]

No excuses. :laugh::whistling

What was written on the cake in Animal House?

That.:whistling

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122536]What was written on the cake in Animal House?

That.:whistling[/QUOTE]

Had to think for a sec… then laughed. Back at you.