Best WDW guide/touring plan book?

What is everyone’s fav WDW touring plan or planning guide book? I went to our local book store and couldn’t choose :blink: Do I need a “With Kids” guide and a dining guide and a planning guide?!? :confused:

I would start by looking at allearsnet.com. They have a ton of information on there. Other than that, I would use Birnbaum’s. Easy to read, and lots of pictures… I don’t think that you need information on dining, and kids, and touring separately… it is all the same vacation-geared towards kids. Feel free to ask us questions on here, we love to help “trip plan”…

AAA has some books, some that they put together and some they didn’t I always peek in them.

Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Best by far.

I like the Unofficial Guide and Passporter. Both books are good but you don’t need both.

I love the Unofficial Guide, and my kids love Birnbaum’s for Kids.

Im my opinion Birnbaum’s it the best one out there!

I would say Unofficial Guide has the most information and indepth coverage. A close second is The Complete Walt Disney World By julie Neal. Excellent color pictures and gives adult and kids point of view reviews. Just my opinion though…

I discovered we’ve got a copy of Birnbaum’s.
Unfortunately, it’s the 1982 edition and doesn’t even include Epcot and DTD is still referred to as Walt Disney World Village.
Anyway, I haven’t ever used a guide book since my first trip to WDW in 96, or since I’ve been going regularly since 99.
Everything I know, I’ve learned on my own or from this forum.
But Birnbaum’s and Unofficial Guide seem to be the most popular references.

I like Birnbaum’s for quick and easy, yet reliable information. A couple of my co-workers swear by Passporters though.

Birnbaums is my absolute favorite, but if you’re looking for something more in depth get the Unofficial Guide. It has every bit of info you could think of.

As you can see, preferences vary. Perhaps if you can tell us what you are looking for in a guide book: reviews of food and/or rides, suggestions for touring, maps, etc, then we can suggest a book for you based on that. :smile:

We always get the Birnbaum guide and the Passporter guide.

FIrst, WELCOME to MB.

While some will swear that they need a guide (and I am the family planner/time micro manager), I have found that Allears, Mousesavers and AffordableDisney contain enough info to guarentee brain overload.
The plans are great but depending on your travel time you will have to be super flexible. They are good for a general idea but the same info is on the web sites for free.
That said your best info will be gained right here on MB. Just ask and someone will provide a great answer.

I would whole heartidly recommend Allears.net for many questions to be answered but I also yearly (pretty much) buy The Unofficial Guide to WDW ( they do a seperate one for travelling with kids too ). A fantastic read- I brought it for my cousin for xmas as we are bringing her with us in March for her very 1st WDW trip, and she can’t put it down! :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your books and website suggestions:wub:
ddoll - Great question! Which I really had to think about… I have been to WDW a few times - years ago - so I need to know what has changed and what is new. I have never been with a 2-yr-old!! So I need all the tips and tricks possible to make this trip fun for her and for my DH and myself too. This is the first time I don’t really have to watch every penny - so I would like to eat more than just counter service meals. I have stayed at CB and OKW (thanks to my sister’s DVC membership) so I would like to stay in another resort. I am thinking about renting points?!?
But most of all - I love to read - and I love WDW. I would love to read every book available - but I am too cheap to buy them all :eek: and there are none at our library!
SO… I am taking all suggestions :wub::wub:

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1011465]Thanks everyone for your books and website suggestions:wub:
ddoll - Great question! Which I really had to think about… I have been to WDW a few times - years ago - so I need to know what has changed and what is new. I have never been with a 2-yr-old!! So I need all the tips and tricks possible to make this trip fun for her and for my DH and myself too. This is the first time I don’t really have to watch every penny - so I would like to eat more than just counter service meals. I have stayed at CB and OKW (thanks to my sister’s DVC membership) so I would like to stay in another resort. I am thinking about renting points?!?
But most of all - I love to read - and I love WDW. I would love to read every book available - but I am too cheap to buy them all :eek: and there are none at our library!
SO… I am taking all suggestions :wub::wub:[/QUOTE]

I hate repeat what others have already said here, but you can’t get better or more up to date information on Disney than right here on the website. For those particular questions, MB members who have recently returned from a trip are much more current than a guidebook that was written more than a year before it went to print.

However, I also understand the need to have something in your hands to refer to and look up specific things. When the parks were still fairly new to me, I would pore over books for hours.
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the guidebooks, so just close your eyes and pick one. :smile:

Hmmm…never checked out that one. I’ll make sure to look for it this weekend.

Wait…this is the best answer. :happy: