Biergarten

Can anyone tell me their experience and thoughts on this restaurant? DSS 15 is a picky eater but my husband loves beer so we want to try it out. Also, where do you get a schedule for the show they do or is it every hour…

Go for it.

It’s the kind of place that you either like it or not. Our kids remember it for the show and experiance.

I am not a fan of the food. DH LOVES beer and really loves German food. I like the fact that the show entertains my little ones enough that I get to sit and enjoy my dinner.

I’m sure Bossmouse will be on here. He is a big fan!

Jeez i hate to be so predicable… but here you go:

GERMANY
Oktoberfest Musikanten
Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:05 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes
Seating based on restaurant availability.

I would check on the show times when you get to the park.

FYI: In the afternoon, you (or your hubby) can sit in the cheap seats (an upper level) and just order beer and watch the show. Unless it is super crowded and they are using the space for diners.

We have done this every trip.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1073445]Jeez i hate to be so predicable… but here you go:

GERMANY
Oktoberfest Musikanten
Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:05 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes
Seating based on restaurant availability.

I would check on the show times when you get to the park.

FYI: In the afternoon, you (or your hubby) can sit in the cheap seats (an upper level) and just order beer and watch the show. Unless it is super crowded and they are using the space for diners.

We have done this every trip.[/QUOTE]

Really? I’d rather use those seats for dining. I’d like not having to deal with steps while carrying food. So if they are going to put us on a lower level, perhaps I could ask about sitting on upper level.

Are you still seated with a group of 8 beer drinking non eating people???

My DS (age 28 … yrs, not months) is super picky and he found a few things that he liked. So I’d guess everyone could find something and not walk away hungry.

This is my dd’s favourite restaurant. I’m not a huge fan of buffets, or sitting with strangers, or navigating stairs; nor do I drink beer…but I like the biergarten. There’s a lot of food, so I’m sure your sister-in-law will find something. The pork schnitzel is my favourite.

My picky eaters love Biergarten. The food is delicious! The only thing I do not like is sitting with strangers.

The seats about which I speak are up and off to the side. I imagine one can order dinner there, but I have not seen it happen. It is not usually crowded, I don’t remember sharing a table w/ others, but it is possible.

My DW did not think she would be a fan of the food, but was pleasantly surprised the time we sat for dinner.

we are planning to try it for the 1st time this trip - it’s been on our “maybe” list every year! If it doesn’t make the cut this time though, the upper level show/beer room sounds good!

My entire family rated it 3 out of 5. We really enjoyed the entertainment, the buffet was hit and miss (as they often are), but we had an awkward mix at our table of 8 (the 4 of us, an older couple, and a couple in their 30’s).

Definitely worth a try. If I would’ve had better luck at the buffet and with our table partners, it would have been much better.

We all love Biergarten (me, DH, DS10, DD9). I say give it a try, you might be pleasantly surprised. There’s also good entertainment.

Maybe because we were station in Europe when DH was in the AF, the sitting with strangers doesn’t bother us at all. Plus we enjoy meeting other WDW addicts. That normal for european restraurants. The food was excellent the last time we were there, last year, and we alway enjoy the entainment.

We ate there about 6 years ago and really liked it. We are going back inMay. Our daughter is celebrating her 9th birthday there and we are excited about going back. Any buffet you go to will have mixed reviews. It all depends on tatsebuds and we know we have different ones. With that said, I liked the food there. It was a nice variety and was tasty as far as I can remember. I would definetly put it on my to go to list and decide from there if it a keeper or not. For me I look at the reviews on allears.net and see if there are more positive or negative and see whay they are negative. If there are more negative and it is because of food, then I would probably not try that restaurant until the food quality gets better.

Most of the tables are for 8, and most of our tablemates have been very pleasant and we’ve had a great time. It’s part of the biergarten expeience.

They have some foods just for the kidlets and the mac & cheese is the best!

FOR THE RECORD, PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE AVOIDED TAKING A CHEAP SHOT AT BOSS ABOUT NOBODY WOULD SIT WITH HIM (OTHER THAN POSSIBLY WALL), DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT IS OBVIOUSLY THE CASE.:laugh:

I like Biergarten.
Just be prepared to share your table with strangers because they are set up for 8 people.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1073472]
FOR THE RECORD, PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE AVOIDED TAKING A CHEAP SHOT AT BOSS ABOUT NOBODY WOULD SIT WITH HIM (OTHER THAN POSSIBLY WALL), DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT IS OBVIOUSLY THE CASE.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

You can add me to the short list.
I’ve actually dined with Boss and found him…civilized.

We liked the atmosphere of the Biergarten. The food was OK, but as we had just arrived back from Germany it was difficult to even begin to compare- German food is awesome!
Didn’t really like the seating- and with us being ‘foreign’ it always evokes conversation- which we normally dont mind but not when we are trying to eat.
Wouldn’t rush to go back there.

[QUOTE=dixie;1073479]We liked the atmosphere of the Biergarten. The food was OK, but as we had just arrived back from Germany it was difficult to even begin to compare- German food is awesome!
Didn’t really like the seating- and with us being ‘foreign’ it always evokes conversation- which we normally dont mind but not when we are trying to eat.
Wouldn’t rush to go back there.[/QUOTE]

Yousee people talks funny… :laugh:

On one visit we had a fabulous time with the family we were sitting with - other times pleasantries have been exchanged and that’s about it. Last time we sat with an older couple and the husband made Mr. Frederickson from “Up” seem like Santa Claus - he was so grouchy and unpleasant it made it uncomfortable for all of us. I felt bad for his wife who was obviously trying to cover for him, so we just “talked amongst ourselves”.

I loooove this place… this site I mean. Thanks for all the replies:) Looks like we will definitely be having dinner there.