Big river grill ADR question & other options

Just a quick question about Big river grill at broadwalk.

I have been booking ADR’s but big river is not coming up on the on-line booking. it is on the DDP list.
Anyone know why I can’t book it…?

I know it’s not the best place to eat but it’s close to jellyrolls were we are going after our meal.

or has anyone got any other options we will be spending the day at AK and want to eat around PM

We frequent BRG at least every other trip. Good steaks, GREAT beer, light atmosphere.
We have had to call the BRG front desk in past visits for a ressie. We have even walked up when we decided to pop over to the Boardwalk. 20 minutes has been our longest walk up wait time.
Enjoy Jellyrolls. We make it a first or second night must do. Get there early to get a table up front. Last time we got there at 9:00 pm and had to wait for a table. They have stools located throughout so we were not on our feet waiting for one to open up. And if you see atable opening, run to it. First come, firsst seated.

We really enjoyed Kouzzina on our last trip. I’d definitely recommend it. Cat Cora was even there! :wub:

I’ve only been to Big River Grille once and wasn’t impressed. But, I was a teenager and my ideas of a good restaurant have most certainly changed.

I like the food at BRG, but the ambience isn’t the greatest. The noise of metal chairs, scraping on a concrete floor.:pinch: If the weather is nice, eat outside. (The meatloaf is outstanding; but the portions are huge.) DH and I shared an entree and still took food home. Don’t know if you’re sports fans, but ESPN might be an option…

You’re so close to Epcot, any of the restaurants in the World Showcase would be good. Then it’s only about a 15 minute walk to Jellyrolls. I’ve never tried any of the restaurants at the Swan and/or Dolphin, but they are within walking distance too… and of course, the restaurants of the Yacht Club or Beach Club. If you’re looking for just a casual dinner, Beaches 'n Cream at the BC is good. If you’re looking for fancy/schmancy - The Yachtsman at the YB. Or the Blue Zoo at the Dolphin…VERY fancy.

You have to call Big River Grill to make an ADR, the number is 407.560.0253.

We ate at the Big River Grill when we were there in December. I thought the food was good. The place was empty so we really didn’t need ressie. I had the same problem with figuring out how to get a reservation, but like Disney Teacher said you have to call.

You might also want to think about trying the Yachtsmen Steakhouse in the Yacht Club.

We eat at BRG almost every trip and we’ve always just walked up with no ressie. We try to eat at in between times though to miss big crowds.

Sooooo do you all give this place a thumbs up or down? We been considering eating here but have heard so many bad reviews. Not looking for “the greatest meal ever” level, just not “what a waste of money” feeling.

Thumbs up.

Thumbs up from me. And DT’s right, you have to call directly to book a ressie with them.

I would give it a thumbs up.

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;1071544]We really enjoyed Kouzzina on our last trip. I’d definitely recommend it. Cat Cora was even there! :wub:
[/QUOTE]

For some reason, Cat Cora is by far my least favorite Iron Chef.
On the other hand, Big River is not in the Disney reservation system.
You have to contact them directly to make a reservation.

There is only one meat I truly cannot bring myself to eat - lamb. I’ve eaten elk, bison and venison – but lamb. No. That’s what’s keeping me away from Kouzzina - even the thought of it in the same kitchen just makes me sort of :pinch:. (I was a lot of fun on our Greek cruise - I made my girlfriend taste test everything). I also worry alot that I’ll never be able to visit Australia.:huh: I live a confused sort of life…

wow wow wow… thanks everyone for all the advice and phone number.

I have looked into the other restaurants and have decided to stick with BRG for this night. We are eating at cape may the night before and Coral Reef Restaurant the night after this.

I take it that the Disney bus goes from AK to broad walk?

[QUOTE=jimbo;1071649]wow wow wow… thanks everyone for all the advice and phone number.

I have looked into the other restaurants and have decided to stick with BRG for this night. We are eating at cape may the night before and Coral Reef Restaurant the night after this.

I take it that the Disney bus goes from AK to broad walk?[/QUOTE]

Take the Boardwalk resort bus, walk through the lobby and hit the big wood platform ‘thingy’ along the lake and let the fun begin. :laugh:

When you get to the “big wood platform ‘thingy’”, I believe you make a left.

Yeah - it’s only a few yards down the big wood platform “thingy”. On your left. Because if it was on your right, you’d be in the lake.

Try the meatloaf.:wub:

And Jellyrolls is just a few steps further down on the left.

Mmm “Let the fun begin”. I’m so excited
Thanks for the directions

You don’t like lamb?
Bah!