Big Sales at the Parks (NOT!)

Hi all, Just got back from the world! I will have lots to tell about our trip soon.

But in the mean time I had to get this out. When we first got to WDW on the 15 th we saw awesome sales everywhere. (the resorts, the parks and downtown Disney) The sales were 35 to 40% off on toys and plush. They had sales on some clothing and great clearance sales. :wub:We were in heaven. I was spending so much in the first day there that my hubby told me I would have to go back home on day 2 if I did not stop!:laugh: Well I had a few items I was waiting to buy right before we left. :pinch:Big mistake! All the sale signs went away by Thursday the 19 th. (Just in time for the weekend and full on spring break crowd) What do you all think about this?

management is trying to utilize their timing to make money… Unfortunate, but business is business.

I have seen this happen several times I was there. When we went in December there was a Christmas stocking that I wanted and a lot of the Christmas merchandise was on sale. I waited too long (too close to Christmas) and the stuff was not on sale anymore. I got a really nice stocking from E-bay instead.

Bigger crowds, bigger profit!

Spring breakers = teens, and teens do not shop sales! :laugh::laugh:

Sorry this happened to you! :frown:

Yeah it sucks that they do this but it makes since at the same time.

[QUOTE=Disney Dreamer;947395]Hi all, Just got back from the world! I will have lots to tell about our trip soon.

But in the mean time I had to get this out. When we first got to WDW on the 15 th we saw awesome sales everywhere. (the resorts, the parks and downtown Disney) The sales were 35 to 40% off on toys and plush. They had sales on some clothing and great clearance sales. :wub:We were in heaven. I was spending so much in the first day there that my hubby told me I would have to go back home on day 2 if I did not stop!:laugh: Well I had a few items I was waiting to buy right before we left. :pinch:Big mistake! All the sale signs went away by Thursday the 19 th. (Just in time for the weekend and full on spring break crowd) What do you all think about this?[/QUOTE]

It’s similar to how room rates go up for busy times… Cheer yourself up thinking about how much you enjoyed the sales that first day!

I agree…business is business. Feel lucky you stumbled on what you did because there are many of us who never see those sales.

Well it’s a good reminder that if we see something we really want, we should get it and not wait.

Wow that is great you were able to most of the things you wanted on sale. Sales all do come to an end, at least you caught some of it.

It’s typical business. They’re expecting larger crowds who may be willing to pay full price.

Yeah, doesn’t surprise me. Actually, I would have been SHOCKED if someone told me all the clearance and deep discounts were being pushed during Spring Break.

I think they whipped the sale signs down right in time to make big bucks during the spring break rush. :cool:

I didn’t see any sales in January. Why is that? I must be blind :pinch:

We are also just back (landed an hour ago) and the prices were different everywhere!! We bought dd a sweatshirt on Saturday for $40and on Sunday saw the same sweatshirt for $19.99!!! Got my refund on that one!!!

I’ve actually got a reverse version.
In December, all manner of stuff was on sale, but not the Spandex Jack Skellington pillow thing that I decided to buy DW for Christmas.
$20 later, we’re in Days of Christmas and DW comes and has one in her hands for only $5.
So here I am, having to telegraph a Christmas present and tell her flat out that she couldn’t buy it and don’t ask another question about it.

It’s all timing, and sometimes you get bit on the butt.
Just like the 50th anniversary HO train set that was only available for a limited time that I thought would be available longer than it was.

Well I did have a CM at the resort tell me that the sales were also to make room for the new and improved stuff coming in. I really wanted the castle to go with our mono rail we had at home. The CM said that they were trying to get rid of the castles they had now due to a new version coming out with lights and sound.:ohmy:
Oh and that same CM I had talked to also knew our own Rowdy Raider (Matt) very well.