Big WDW announcement today

Big announcement at noon today.

Walt Disney World will make an announcement about its Orlando-area theme parks, and though company officials say it will be a major one, they are not giving out specifics.

The unveiling is expected at noon in New York City. It will be followed by a webcast.

The Orlando Business Journal is reporting the company could announced plans for a new country at Epcot — possibly Spain.

Link

I was just coming on to post this and then saw yours :wub:
I can’t wait to hear what it is!

I heard about this too. So excited to see (or hear) what it is.

I love big announcements!

Sounds interesting! I can’t wait to hear what they have planned.

woohoooo!! I hope it’s a new Epcot pavilion!!! :happy::happy::happy:

You must have missed the one that I live down the road from you :laugh:

Ok, My first wish for the big announcement is that all mousebuzz members are getting free Vacation Club memberships, but if we can’t have that I want a new park!

Yawn…here it is.

Disney Parks announcement: Nighttime show projected on Cinderella Castle to feature guest photos

Disney Parks unveiled a new marketing campaign Thursday, saying park guests will be the stars of a nightly photo show to be projected on the spires of Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.

The campaign, called “Let the Memories Begin,” will celebrate family vacation memories created in Disney theme parks every day, the company said.
Beginning in January 2011, Disney PhotoPass photographers will capture pictures of guests during the day that will be larger-than-life images during the nighttime show. As many as 500 images will be used every day, Disney said.

Disney will also begin featuring home videos and snapshots of real guests in television ads and other marketing, the company said.

At Walt Disney World Resort, the nighttime show will be projected on the spires of Cinderella Castle. At Disneyland Resort, the facade of “it’s a small world” will be the canvas for the show.

link

Sorry no DVC for MBers…

Where are you!? :heart:

Well, I guess that’s kinda cool…it’s no new EPCOT pavilion or DVC for MBers…but…it’s sorta…zzzzzz…um…wha? …oh yeah…sorta cool;)

all that hype for nothing!!!:sleeping:

I have to say they are good at marketing. They already have the photographers out there, so no extra expense there. I would imagine this will increase their photopass profits significantly by shear volume.

Wow. That’s just lame.

There were several little carts getting ready for the Food and Wine festival- there was a Spanish one, and a Greek, and another one but I can’t remember where?

Anyway a Spanish pavilion would be lovely and it’ll be nice to have a new ‘country’ to walk around.

i am still waiting for the big announcement…

Someone has posted another thread saying its a new concept called ‘Let the Memories begin’ It sounds lovely, however, I was kind of hoping it was the addition of a new pavilion to Epcot. The thread with the news is titled ‘News 13’

I suppose it would be really cool to have your image across the castle and it would definalty make me smile but I think Id have expected something a little bigger for a ‘big’ announcement!

Yeah, but do you want my kid’s picture plastered all over the castle in your picture???

That was no big announcement… and why did they go to New York for this?

They should have focused more on WDW, since it is number one in park attendance for the whole world… I wonder what they are thinking.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1050478]Yeah, but do you want my kid’s picture plastered all over the castle in your picture???

That was no big announcement… and why did they go to New York for this?

They should have focused more on WDW, since it is number one in park attendance for the whole world… I wonder what they are thinking.[/QUOTE]

That is a great point. I guess the big announcement is you aren’t going to be able to get “clean” pictures of the castle for the next year or so.