Birthday Cake

We’ll be WDW on my daughter’s birthday and are doing Cinderella’s castle for a late breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for an early dinner. I’d like her to have a cake or cupcake so that we can sing Happy Birthday and she can blow out the candles. She’s turning 5 and for her these things are a requirements for a birthday. So, can we sing for her at these places? I know that there will be lots of little girls and I don’t want my daughter’s special day to overshadow their “special day” with the princesses. Also, will they give her a cupcake/candle or should I preorder, or order one at the restaurant? And lastly, fshould we do it at the late breakfast (more like brunch since its at 10:00) or dinner?

TIA!

We did the last seating at CRT last year for my DD4’s birthday.

You can pre order a cake from the bakery: $25 and up

They have 6" cakes on premise for $12.50 or you can just get the “free” cupcake for your DD. The hostess brings it out . . . there is no additional treatment form the Princesses, 'cept maybe for a Happy Birthday.

Here is a picture of my DD . . . so you can see the cupcake!

The free cupcake looks like a great idea, I wish I had known. I bought the $12.50 cake which was really good but who needs more dessert and it’s not like you want to walk around with the cake.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;928024]We did the last seating at CRT last year for my DD4’s birthday.

You can pre order a cake from the bakery: $25 and up

They have 6" cakes on premise for $12.50 or you can just get the “free” cupcake for your DD. The hostess brings it out . . . there is no additional treatment form the Princesses, 'cept maybe for a Happy Birthday.

Here is a picture of my DD . . . so you can see the cupcake!

[/QUOTE]
That does not look like your run of the mill cupcake either! Yummy!

We ordered a cake at the Crystal Palace one year, it was good, but we had to carry it around with us the rest of the night.

Yup, that was my hesitation in getting a cake, especially at the beginning of the day.

Thanks mickeysgirlz for the info on the cupcake!

You can also order the Cinderella’ slipper…only at CRT (chocolate one) and at 1900 Park Fare (Vanilla one). I ordered the vanilla last year for my mom. It came with raspberries and some whipped cream. She said it was great. They also brought the cupcake (which I had) and that wasn’t so great.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;928027]That does not look like your run of the mill cupcake either! Yummy!

We ordered a cake at the Crystal Palace one year, it was good, but we had to carry it around with us the rest of the night.[/QUOTE]

I’m surprised they won’t deliver that back to your room for you? They do your pkgs from the shops . . . did you ask? Seems crazy to make you walk around all night with a half eaten cake!! :laugh::laugh:

The cupcake was SUPER YUMMY . . . chocolate cake dipped in icing! Plus Mickey head sprinkles . . . yum!

So the characters don’t sing for the birthday person? Can we
(my family) sing to her, or would that be inappropriate?

[QUOTE=lines;928148]So the characters don’t sing for the birthday person? Can we
(my family) sing to her, or would that be inappropriate?[/QUOTE]

The server and hostess will sing, and if a princess is standing there she will chime in, but she won’t make a special trip to your table. You can sing! :laugh:

At LTT, Goofy was standing at our table and started to clap and jump around, but I think he was trying to get my DD to like him . . .cuz she was nervous of him! :laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=lines;928148]So the characters don’t sing for the birthday person? Can we
(my family) sing to her, or would that be inappropriate?[/QUOTE]

I thought at CRT they have a special ‘ceremony’ for everyone celebrating. Or is that only for dinner?

I know that at some places the waitstaff does sing (Liberty Tree is one) but I can’t see how they’d be upset if your family sang…it might inspire others to sing along with you!

I remember someone was celebrating a b-day and they were in a pin store. The cast member got the whole store singing Happy Birthday to them. It was kind of fun!

[QUOTE=zefyr;928155]I thought at CRT they have a special ‘ceremony’ for everyone celebrating. Or is that only for dinner?

I know that at some places the waitstaff does sing (Liberty Tree is one) but I can’t see how they’d be upset if your family sang…it might inspire others to sing along with you!

I remember someone was celebrating a b-day and they were in a pin store. The cast member got the whole store singing Happy Birthday to them. It was kind of fun![/QUOTE]

HEY and this is the YEAR OF CELEBRATION so you never know what they might do!! Also, don’t they ring a birthday bell at LTT before they sing?

I have done birthday meals for DD at Ohana and the old Hollywood and Vine when it was still mickey and friends for meals. She got the free cupcake at both…it was perfect and something I didn’t have to worry about lugging around after the fact. Ohana sang to her…it was awesome. Mickey and gang brought her up to dance with them and gave her balloons and a card. Disney really knows how to do birthdays. I have it noted on our ADR for Crystal Palace that it’s her Bday, but will be sure to remind them when she we check in…you know if the birthday shirt and pin isn’t enough to let them know it’s her day.:laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;928093]I’m surprised they won’t deliver that back to your room for you? They do your pkgs from the shops . . . did you ask? Seems crazy to make you walk around all night with a half eaten cake!! :laugh::laugh:

The cupcake was SUPER YUMMY . . . chocolate cake dipped in icing! Plus Mickey head sprinkles . . . yum![/QUOTE]

I never even thought to ask!:huh::laugh:

I had a wonderful experience I was in disney during my 20th birthday and noone had called me for my birthday and only my mom and dad from my family. I was so dissapointed and we were in crystal palace eating and I guess they heard us talking about my situation and they brought out pooh with a cupcake and everyone sang happy bday for me it made my birthday A LOT better even though I don’t like winnie the pooh. lol!

We went for DH’s birthday last year. He wore his pin all week and got a cupcake at every place. However, they didn’t sing to him everywhere. I suppose it depends on how busy they were. But he didn’t mind since he celebrated the entire week.

we are going for dh b day to san angel inn. do you think i could do it there?

My DH always celebrates a birthday during our trip and he has had a cup cake at different places- plus, if you tell the CM on check in at your dining place they usually arrange some sort of acknowledgment of the birthday ( Be sure to get the birthday pin)

We had dinner on my daughter’s 7th birthday at 1900 Park Fare in September 2005, and they offered to let me buy a small cake for her when we checked in for our ADR. They brought it out with her name on it and the server asked the entire restaurant to join in singing Happy Birthday to her. You can see the cake in the picture below. (I love that picture–that’s her younger cousin giving her a birthday kiss on the cheek!:wub:)

Sure why not.

i went on allears and found this
… i thought it was interesting.

My Mini-Cake Surprise includes your own mini celebration cake with a special treat, packaged one of three ways: in a Sorcerer Mickey Celebration Bucket (Disneyland Resort only), Disney Princess Jewelry Box or Disney Pirate Treasure Chest. Available at Walt Disney World character dining and buffet locations; at Disneyland Resort in full-service restaurants, character dining and through room service.

Guests who prefer a Disney Custom Bakery Cake can order at least 48 hours in advance of their celebration. Choices include a custom cake (6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch and quarter sheet), an 8-inch Mickey Mouse cake or a themed cake with enhanced inscription and edible decorations (8-inch, 10-inch and quarter sheet), available at most Walt Disney World table-service restaurants and all table-service restaurants at Disneyland Resort. To order at Walt Disney World Resort, call the cake ordering hotline at 407-827-2253.