Birthday Fun Card

We went on Feb. 10 which was DH’s birthday. I wanted to share a pic of the Birthday Fun Card. We already have AP’s so we had 3 things to choose from other than admission. We chose the Fun Card which had a $75 value. It is good for merchandise at any WDW owned location. We ended up using it toward the purchase of the Vinylmation figures.

Oh that is a cute card! We are going for Dh’s birthday in March, I am looking forward to getting the card. Any clue whether or not we could use it towards our ap’s?

I picked the same thing when I was there for my birthday last month. I loved it! It was like my little birthday present from Disney and I spent it all on me me me!!!

You can’t use it toward APs. I asked about the one day/one park ticket, and I was told I could not hold onto it to renew our APs, that is had to be used THAT DAY! So I got DD5 the gc and let her spend it as she wished in the shops. (since I was also told we couldn’t buy food with it?)

I think (I might be wrong) that if you take the ticket to get in on your birthday you can update that one to a AP and just pay the difference. I was under that impression as I plan on doing that in April when my DS turns 3 and is no longer free!! :frown:

Cute card, thanks for posting it. We’re not going to make it for a birthday this year so we won’t get to see one.

I got this from the Disney site:

Q: Can I upgrade my free birthday ticket to another ticket type?

A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. The 1-day Magic Your Way ticket good for 12 months (an option for certain passholders and multi-day ticket holders) may not be upgraded.

Sorry, no. It’s for merchandise only.

Yes, as DT said you can on that day. I was hoping to save it towards my renewal on Dec. 20 . . . that I could not do! :frown:

But we got the GC either way money is money!! :laugh:

It is so cool, isn’t it? My DH was kind enough to let me use it for the Vinylmation, plus he got a hat.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;935440]I got this from the Disney site:

A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. The 1-day Magic Your Way ticket good for 12 months (an option for certain passholders and multi-day ticket holders) may not be upgraded.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you could upgrade the birthday ticket to a MYW ticket and then use that ticket towards your renwal?

The other thing you can do is instead of getting in free on your birthday is get a one day ticket good for use on any one day up until your next birthday. The cool thing about this is everyone in your family could get their free ticket and save them until everyone got one and then, once everyone gets one you could all go in together for free one one day.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;935467]Yes, as DT said you can on that day. I was hoping to save it towards my renewal on Dec. 20 . . . that I could not do! :frown:

But we got the GC either way money is money!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I agree, money is money. A $75 birthday gift from WDW is a special treat.

This year DS will be going on his birthday. I definitely won’t turn down a $75 gift card for him to spend on whatever he wants in the parks. DD is jealous since her birthday is 6 days before we leave for our trip. Unfortunately, she has finals and is unable to go on her birthday…

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;935440]I got this from the Disney site:

A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. The 1-day Magic Your Way ticket good for 12 months (an option for certain passholders and multi-day ticket holders) may not be upgraded.[/QUOTE]

Thanks DT!

I am looking forward to getting that card on May 16th for my birthday.

Make sure you do and buy yourself something fun!

I was told NO, but it seems everyone I talk to about it gives me a different answer? :confused:

This can be maddening, can’t it?

Now, here’s another question. What about the giftcards they are giving out with the Buy 4/Get 3 package? Can you use that towards aps? Or what about upgrading your buy4/get3 tickets towards an ap? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??:laugh: