Birthday ideas

I booked our vacation during my huband and son’s birthdays. I will need to have a special reservation for each of them. There birthdays are three days apart so I will need to do something special on each day. Any ideas?? My son will be turning 16 while we’re there - so no princess parties.:laugh::laugh: How about a cake? Anything special you can think of would be appreciated. I’m thinking of booking a tour for them to go on.

I bet your son would love a princess party… :laugh:

hmmm… 16… boy… we were there for my friend’s 13th birthday last February… we didn’t do much special, though. We got him a birthday button from Guest Relations and mentioned his birthday with all of our ADRs… he got a cupcake each meal!

How about DisneyQuest? That seems to draw the teenage boys in. Or maybe mini golf? He’s old enough to ride along at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I’d recommend the Segway tour (never been on it, but it seems like an entertaining tour for a teenage boy). Have you checked on events at the Wide World of Sports?

Now your husband… is he a golfer? :laugh: He can actually do the driving portion at Richard Petty Experience. If he enjoys NASCAR or driving fast, that would probably be really fun for him.

You might want to consider booking a fireworks cruise to celebrate.

As for cakes… I’m not sure, but I’m sure another MBer can help you out.

Have fun at WDW! And I hope your husband and son have very happy birthdays!

What about a Segway tour? You have to be 16 to do it so your son is the perfect age.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;934537]
How about DisneyQuest? That seems to draw the teenage boys in. Or maybe mini golf? He’s old enough to ride along at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I’d recommend the Segway tour (never been on it, but it seems like an entertaining tour for a teenage boy). Have you checked on events at the Wide World of Sports?

Now your husband… is he a golfer? :laugh: He can actually do the driving portion at Richard Petty Experience. If he enjoys NASCAR or driving fast, that would probably be really fun for him.

You might want to consider booking a fireworks cruise to celebrate.

As for cakes… I’m not sure, but I’m sure another MBer can help you out.

Have fun at WDW! And I hope your husband and son have very happy birthdays![/QUOTE]

I have considered the segway tour. I think I’m going to book that for the two of them. My other son is only 14 so I won’t be able to go I guess he and I will do something else then.

I thought they closed DisneyQuest? I know he would love to go there.

No my hubby is not a golfer. The Richard Petty thing sounds like fun, never done that but I will look into that.

I will look into the fireworks cruise. That may be fun.

Thanks for the suggestions.

How about an Illuminations Cruise out of the Yacht & Beach Club. You have a “Captain” take you out on the water and park under the bridge by England & France. They even have a cooler with soft drinks and snacks included.

That sounds cool. Are they expensive???

For dinners, how about Whispering Canyon or 50’s Prime Time for their birthdays. With the interactive CM’s I am sure they will take full advantage of a birthday.

Do they like to fish?? They have fishing excursions on WDW property. Or parasailing too.

Something inexpensive…depending on what WDW package you purchased, you might be getting a certificate for renting a searacer at specific resorts (30 free minutes with a purchase of 60 minutes) and one for mini golf.

So many choices!!!

It was pricey. However, the boat holds ten people. I was able to get another family to share the cost with us. There are threads on DIS BOARDS that have people with reservations already who are looking to share. I believe you can even make arrangements for “dining” options through the Yacht Club. It is a good thing to do once, not sure if I would do it again. I recommend it.

They closed Pleasure Island. DisneyQuest is located in Downtown Disney’s West Side. As far as I know, it’s still open.

They’re just under $300 and there are only three boats available for non-concierge guests. There is room for only 6 boats where they tie up and one boat is always reserved for platinum and gold plan guests. One space is more or less kept available for The Breathless (a replica 1930’s Chris Craft and a premium rental). Finally, you can not book any earlier than 90 days out and you had better be on the phone at 7 AM that day. They go faster than reservations at Chef Mickey’s and le Cellier combined!
When I did an Illuminations cruise in 2007, I never would have gotten a boat for the night I needed, and probably any boat at all, without being a concierge (club level) guest at the Boardwalk.
You’d be much better off doing a Wishes cruise, but you’ll have to pay extra to get a boat with music. Unlike the Illuminations cruises which moor underneath the bridge between England and France, right next to a speaker cluster, it is many years since the sound systems on the Seven Seas Lagoon islands have functioned, if they are even in place anymore. But you will have almost no problem getting a boat for Wishes because there is so much open water and 5 different marinas.

There was a rumor, only a rumor, that they would be closing Disney Quest, but it is still open. After all, they do need a place for guests to go when it’s raining.
I don’t know if an oversized arcade is really the proper place to celebrate a birthday. That idea reeks of Chuck E Cheese.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;934717]There was a rumor, only a rumor, that they would be closing Disney Quest, but it is still open. After all, they do need a place for guests to go when it’s raining.
I don’t know if an oversized arcade is really the proper place to celebrate a birthday. That idea reeks of Chuck E Cheese.[/QUOTE]

Proper place to celebrate a birthday… :rolleyes: