Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon question

Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can still get a refillable mugs at the waterparks? Do you know if the mug you buy at Blizzard Beach is only good there or if it’s good at Typhoon Lagoon too? Those mugs are such a good deal that I guess I don’t mind paying for one at each park, but I don’t want to foolishly not bring it if it’s good at both parks.

Thanks!

Jennifer

The mugs are good at both parks. You will have to buy a sticker for the mug each day you use it after the original day. We have been taking our mug back for years and just getting a new sticker for it each time. The sticker of the day used to cost $5 but it may have gone up to $6, I don’t remember.

WOW! Does that mean that the mug we got at Typhoon Lagoon back in 2007 will work at both water parks this year? I love the idea of reusing it even if it does cost $6 for the sticker!

Yep, you should be able to use it at either park this year. The same lady is ALWAYS in front of BB selling mugs and stickers before the turnstiles open in the morning and people are buying stickers for old TL and BB mugs. We have a whole stack of stickers on our mug from every time we’ve reused it. I can’t remember when we bought our mug but it’s made many trips back to the water parks.

I wish the resorts would get a similar system so we could legally reuse mugs.

Thanks so much for this tip. This will save us quite a bit of $$ because my mom and dad have mugs from the Water parks too.

I agree that the parks need to get on board with this. We bring our resort mugs into the parks in our back packs and fill them with the water fountain throughout the day. I just can’t stand the thought of spending money on soda and bottled water for ten solid days.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1015230]

I wish the resorts would get a similar system so we could legally reuse mugs.[/QUOTE]

Drats… I have to be a wet blanket here.

Last time we were at BB, my DS said, “Hey Mom, you’ve got to come see this!” He and DD were standing right by a refillable mug station (the one by the fried dough booth) and a man with a sticker was scanning his legal mug over and over and over, while his entire huge family filled up illegal water bottles with BB sodas.

The guy even turned to the people standing in line behind him to sheepishly say, “Oh sorry, just a few more!” :eek:

It took all I had in me to keep from pitching a fit! They had no problem with the fact that they were on a busy walkway and that everyone could see them do this. He clearly felt that it was completely acceptable behavior – or maybe they weyre just smug in the comfort of knowing WDW CMs would never address the issue.

I hope he is reading this right now… ARE YOU?

Anyway, I just can’t think of a way to keep people from stealing if they really want to.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1015240]Drats… I have to be a wet blanket here.

Last time we were at BB, my DS said, “Hey Mom, you’ve got to come see this!” He and DD were standing right by a refillable mug station (the one by the fried dough booth) and a man with a sticker was scanning his legal mug over and over and over, while his entire huge family filled up illegal water bottles with BB sodas.

The guy even turned to the people standing in line behind him to sheepishly say, “Oh sorry, just a few more!” :eek:

It took all I had in me to keep from pitching a fit! They had no problem with the fact that they were on a busy walkway and that everyone could see them do this. He clearly felt that it was completely acceptable behavior – or maybe they were just smug in the comfort of knowing WDW CMs would never address the issue.

I hope he is reading this right now… ARE YOU?

Anyway, I just can’t think of a way to keep people from stealing if they really want to.[/QUOTE]

I guess people will always find a way around the rules, it’s a shame. On one visit I was using my resort mug while eating lunch at the big counter service restaurant. I wasn’t doing anything but carrying my mug to the table when a CM told me I could use that mug there but a guy can refill a half dozen water bottles? I didn’t fill my mug there, I was only using it to drink my beverage out of because I can’t stand drinking out of a bottle.