Bluezoo opinions please

I know Franco and soundgod have eaten here. I know Franco enjoyed it. How about everyone else?
we are not on the dining plan this time so that we can eat at different restaurants…

The stunning room is half the evening! Beautiful.

We’ve been there once and enjoyed our evening, good food and good service.

Ok ladies, Thank you. They have such mixed reviews. I was actually taken aback at some of the vicious reviews. So maybe we will go there for drinks one night and if it feels right, we’ll make a reservation for another night.

That sounds like a good plan. The night we were there (a few years ago) wasn’t crowded at all, it would have been easy to get a last minute ADR.

Some of those vicious reviews probably came from non foodies.
bluezoo is basically a fusion type menu and there’s lots of non standard combinations.

You’ll do fine there so don’t worry.
And you might have no problem getting a table as a walk up or perhaps you can order at the bar.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1114103]Some of those vicious reviews probably came from non foodies.
bluezoo is basically a fusion type menu and there’s lots of non standard combinations.

You’ll do fine there so don’t worry.
And you might have no problem getting a table as a walk up or perhaps you can order at the bar.[/QUOTE]

yes, I was thinking that too. Non foodies. Mashed potatoes and gravy is too much of an adventure in food :laugh:

Right now, I’m going back over menus for our upcoming visit and decided I’d take a look at the most recent bluezoo menu.

Come on cookie queen, I don’t think you should skip it if you’re already trying to slot it in to your plans. That swordfish sounds interesting and so does “tonight’s dancing fish”.

…gotta admit this mashed potatoes (sans gravy) lover had to look up Bluezoo…never even heard of this one…sounds good!

I’m a mashed potato girl too but boy do I love a fancy restaurant/meal. We enjoyed our dinner at Bluezoo but haven’t been back because there are just too many new places to try.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1114155]Right now, I’m going back over menus for our upcoming visit and decided I’d take a look at the most recent bluezoo menu.

Come on cookie queen, I don’t think you should skip it if you’re already trying to slot it in to your plans. That swordfish sounds interesting and so does “tonight’s dancing fish”.[/QUOTE]

I have been eyeing this place for a few years now but with the DDP it was never a “let’s do this” thing. We actually stood in the doorway once but it was only late afternoon and the place was deserted. we should have stayed for drinks and a few oysters.

It is planned and the reservation is made. Doug you are a prince :angel:

OMgosh I love me some mashed potatoes too. Nothing better than those with some roasted garlic butter and a sprinkling of kosher salt. Nom-nom :laugh:

Youre making me hungry If I had to eat just one food for the rest of my life I think it would be a potato, sooo good.

let’s get into the kitchen and fix some.

Are we all invited? :biggrin:

I’m one of those non-foodies…I’d have to look up the restaurant too. :blush:

Buying pastries at France is about at classy as I get. :biggrin:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1114182]Are we all invited? :biggrin:

I’m one of those non-foodies…I’d have to look up the restaurant too. :blush:

Buying pastries at France is about at classy as I get. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

not a question of classy or not, jo-jo :laugh: it’s a matter of eating to live or living to eat!
Sadly in my later years that has come to haunt me, my passion for food. I have grown out of my good looking clothes :pinch:

Anyway, come for mashed potatoes and gravy, you are all invited!