Boarding pass!

Well guys…I am officially less than 24 hours from my flight out! I checked in to Southwest this morning and received Boarding group A and boarding position 22. According to the site, I will be the first group to load and the 22nd person on the plane.

I am so excited! I just had to share!

Time to do a little dance! You’re golden for loading position. :happy:

Have a great trip!

That’s an awesome boarding position. I’m assuming you signed up for Early Bird?

indeed! And I checked in exactly 24hours in advance

Excellet boarding pass!

Not to jack this thread, but my questions sorta pertains to the topic.

I got my airfare through Southwest for my January trip. I signed up for the Early Bird thing. Does that mean that they automatically assign me A boarding or do I still need to go on there exactly 24 hours in advance and hope for it? Sorry not sure what the Early bird deal meals. I thought I read that I am already assigned.

Dana, it’s not guaranteed that you’ll get “A” boarding-- it depends on how many people have purchased Early Bird before you. I’d say you’ve got a pretty good shot at it.

This is what was printed on the email I got from Southwest about a week before my summer trip:

“Thanks for purchasing EarlyBird Check-In for your trip! Conveniently print your boarding pass with your pre-assigned boarding position anytime within 24 hours of departure. We’ll see you onboard!”

It’s my understanding that people who purchase the most expensive fares get the first early bird positions regardless of when they were purchased, and then everyone else gets assigned in order of signing up. And since they’re pre-assigned, it doesn’t matter when you do the check-in.

Also: I :heart: the Early Bird. With a kid who’s a bit of a worrier, he’s not concerned that we’re somehow going to have to split up.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1123912]Dana, it’s not guaranteed that you’ll get “A” boarding-- it depends on how many people have purchased Early Bird before you. I’d say you’ve got a pretty good shot at it.

This is what was printed on the email I got from Southwest about a week before my summer trip:

“Thanks for purchasing EarlyBird Check-In for your trip! Conveniently print your boarding pass with your pre-assigned boarding position anytime within 24 hours of departure. We’ll see you onboard!”

It’s my understanding that people who purchase the most expensive fares get the first early bird positions regardless of when they were purchased, and then everyone else gets assigned in order of signing up. And since they’re pre-assigned, it doesn’t matter when you do the check-in.

Also: I :heart: the Early Bird. With a kid who’s a bit of a worrier, he’s not concerned that we’re somehow going to have to split up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that for me. That’s how I read it too, but I don’t always pay good attention to stuff…lol I was doing like 50 things at once the day I bought the tickets. I hope we get A Boarding. I must be near the front and I have to have an aisle seat. John could care less…:laugh:

im hoping I get an exit row seat so I can have the legroom but if not any window seat will do…as long as it’s not over the wing.