BoardWalk Questions

1. When is the best time of day to visit the Boarwalk? We are going at the end of Aug.

2. Can you get a bus directly from the hotels to Boardwalk or do you have to go the route of hotel to HS/Boat to Boardwalk?

3. Is there still transportation running at the end of the night when Boardwalk shuts down?

4. Would the kids enjoy it? We have two groups going, our kids are DS 12 and DD10, my cousins who will be there at the same time as us but not with us have a DD9 and a DS6.

5. Is it worth stopping by to check it out or should we spend time doing something else. For us it doesn’t matter we are there for 2 weeks. THe cousins however just have a short, in my opinion, trip!

1. When is the best time of day to visit the Boarwalk? We are going at the end of Aug.

Watch out…some of those boars can be wild. :laugh: (Like I have ANY room to joke typos!) Mornings - nice/quiet and early evenings.

1. Can you get a bus directly from the hotels to Boardwalk or do you have to go the route of hotel to HS/Boat to Boardwalk?

Nothing hotel to hotel. Can take bus from hotel to any park, DTD or TTC then switch to Boardwalk bus.

1. Is there still transportation running at the end of the night when Boardwalk shuts down?

Depands on how late you are. Most park transportation runs 2 hours past close I believe.

1. Would the kids enjoy it? We have two groups going, our kids are DS 12 and DD10, my cousins who will be there at the same time as us but not with us have a DD9 and a DS6.

Plenty of entertainment. I wouldn’t plan on an all night thing with the kids though. Maybe a little time before or after EPCOT or HS.

1. Is it worth stopping by to check it out or should we spend time doing something else. For us it doesn’t matter we are there for 2 weeks. THe cousins however just have a short, in my opinion, trip!

Certainly worth a trip. While you are there, walk over the Beach Club and check out the pool there (no pool hopping though!) and treat the kidlets to the ice cream place.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1071834]1. When is the best time of day to visit the Boarwalk? We are going at the end of Aug.

Watch out…some of those boars can be wild. :laugh: (Like I have ANY room to joke typos!) Mornings - nice/quiet and early evenings..[/I][/QUOTE]

See this it what happend when I try to type before 8am , lol

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1071834]Nothing hotel to hotel. Can take bus from hotel to any park, DTD or TTC then switch to Boardwalk bus.
[/QUOTE]

Just one small correction … there are no Disney Transport buses between the Disney resorts and the TTC. This includes BoardWalk Inn.

If you’re at Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, the very very easiest way is to just get a bus directly to BoardWalk Inn.

If you’re at Epcot, walk out the back entrance (International Gateway) and walk to the BoardWalk area. You could take a FriendShip boat from there but it’s not a far walk at all.

If you’re at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can walk to the BoardWalk area (not as close as the walk from Epcot) or you can take a FriendShip boat.

If you’re at a Disney resort, the most direct way would be bus to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and then walk or FriendShip boat from there. If DHS is closed, where you should use as a transfer point depends on geography as well as timing. If all parks are closed, you can use Downtown Disney as a bus transfer point. Basically, for your choices of other transfer points (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom), look at a map of WDW ( http://allears.net/tp/wdwpropertymap.pdf ) and do whatever makes geographic sense to do, as long as your transfer hub is still open.

If you are coming or going from a relatively close resort, it might be worth it to you to pay for a taxi ride … this will ALWAYS take much less time than using two connecting modes of Disney Transport, but of course it’s not free like Disney Transport is.

But please don’t try to use the TTC as a transfer point to go to BoardWalk, it simply won’t work.

Does a Swolfin bus go to TTC? I know the other non-Disney resort buses on site do. Not sure if that one did or not.

We will have a car, just trying to figure out if playing the trasportation game from CBR or trying to find parking is the better way to go. We also have a ADR for Cape May’s one night so maybe we will go that night and then just get a cab back to the resort!