Bog River, how is the food

Typo, should be BIG not bog.

If you have eaten here within a year or so ago, how is the food?

Ate there last March. We go mostly for the micro brewed beers, but all of our steaks were done right. I’ve never had a bad meal there.

Some MB’rs don’t like the atmosphere since it can get a little loud. We ignore it since we are their for libations and good food.

[QUOTE=Spectro is #1;1066525]Typo, should be BIG not bog.

If you have eaten here within a year or so ago, how is the food?[/QUOTE]

:ohmy:Now you really grabbed my attention-thought I’d missed a new place:laugh:

We’ve gone 3 times and never had a bad meal for the money. It is a big noisy but not overwhelming.
We go at night so we can see the entertainment on the boardwalk.

We eat at Big River most trips, and we’ve never had a bad meal there, but it’s not necessarily my favorite place to dine in WDW. DH loves it for the beer. :happy:

The place is noisy! Metal chairs on a cement floor - but the meatloaf is the best! Portions are ridiculously huge. If it’s nice, eat outside.

we are looking at that for our fall trip…does anyone know if its on the dining plan?

It has been in the past.

Id call and check on if it is one dining plan. we were told last November it wasn’t…

Really? We ate there in August on DDP.

I found the 2011 DDP PDF: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011Dining.pdf
It’s on there. :happy:

No way you could miss anything Dixie, I know you are always on your game and up to date.:laugh:

I think they are on DDP but they only do walk ups. No ADRS, can anyone confirm this?
Thanks for the food revews sounds like we will be eating there.

[QUOTE=Spectro is #1;1066634]I think they are on DDP but they only do walk ups. No ADRS, can anyone confirm this?
Thanks for the food revews sounds like we will be eating there.[/QUOTE]

That’s correct. No ADRs. We’ve never had a problem getting seated though. :happy:

You’re right. We’ve always walked up and not made ADRs for BR.

Went in 09, not a great experience. 1st they tried to pull 2 extra chairs to a 4 top to make it a 6 top.:pinch: One of my biggest pet peeves anywhere.
Noise wasn’t bad but DD12 ordered the pasta and about a 1/4 of the way through we come across a good sized hair that was obvious it didn’t belong to any of us. I told the waiter no way she was going to eat that. He took her plate, brought another about 5 min before we were all finished and the ticket, with her meal on it a few min after that. :ohmy: Felt very rushed. Since it was time to go she had to take it with us so we boxed it up, put it in the fridge and threw it away at the end of the week. Food was good, overall experience not so good.
Too many other places to try before feeling the need to go back.

[QUOTE=Spectro is #1;1066634]I think they are on DDP but they only do walk ups. No ADRS, can anyone confirm this?
Thanks for the food revews sounds like we will be eating there.[/QUOTE]

Hey folks. You can make a ressie for Big River. You just have to call the establishment. If onsite just pick up the room phone and ask the resort operator to connect you to the fBig River front desk. During busy seasons this works well. But most times we have just walked up and had a seat within 30 minutes.

That’s good to know, thanks

It’s OK food wise, though nothing special.
On the other hand, if you’re a beer lover (I’m not) you will find more to enjoy.

We like it. The chicken dish is great(the sauce is sweet so I get it on the side). Nachos,kobe burgers,steak+shrimp,meatloaf. All good. We have the rewards card and got a free app just for taking a survey!

We have found the food to be good. It is noisy, so we will sit outside if at all possible. The steaks were good, and the meatloaf, which is not a favorite, was very good. Great beers.