Boma or Tusker House?

We are considering trying Boma again for our next trip. I was reading on the DIS that on Saturdays dinner starts at 4:30, but I couldn’t find this anywhere else…All Ears says 5pm. Does anyone know if this is true?
On our 2007 trip Boma was the worst meal of our trip…the service was horrible. But because I think it was the bad service we got we are thinking maybe we should try it again? If I could get a 4:30 res then we would just leave the AK and head over.

What is the Tusker House lunch like? I want to do the breakfast there for the first available ADR but how is the lunch buffet…I was thinking maybe we could do that instead too. Maybe a late 2:30 lunch ADR. Just might be weird eating breakfast and lunch in the same spot. Yak and Yeti looks interesting but I don’t think Noah will eat anything off that menu…oh the joys of travelling with a fussy eater.

This is what the DIS says about Boma
Evening Buffet Offering (Adult: ages 10 and up) - Join us between 5pm and 10 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 4:30pm to 10pm Friday-Sunday to enjoy the 60 different offerings available,

[QUOTE=LuvMyLittleNoah;969048]We are considering trying Boma again for our next trip. I was reading on the DIS that on Saturdays dinner starts at 4:30, but I couldn’t find this anywhere else…All Ears says 5pm. Does anyone know if this is true?
On our 2007 trip Boma was the worst meal of our trip…the service was horrible. But because I think it was the bad service we got we are thinking maybe we should try it again? If I could get a 4:30 res then we would just leave the AK and head over.

What is the Tusker House lunch like? I want to do the breakfast there for the first available ADR but how is the lunch buffet…I was thinking maybe we could do that instead too. Maybe a late 2:30 lunch ADR. Just might be weird eating breakfast and lunch in the same spot. Yak and Yeti looks interesting but I don’t think Noah will eat anything off that menu…oh the joys of travelling with a fussy eater.

This is what the DIS says about Boma
Evening Buffet Offering (Adult: ages 10 and up) - Join us between 5pm and 10 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 4:30pm to 10pm Friday-Sunday to enjoy the 60 different offerings available,[/QUOTE]

Haven’t been to either so sorry I can’t help on that. But in re: to having a fussy eater…try having an 11yr who is too old for kid menu and now must pay double from the adult menus and not like or eat much of any of it. That’s just:wacko:
Good Luck!

We were very dissappointed with Boma the last time as well. Very chaotic and we waited forever for drink refills. Hopefully it gets better.

We weren’t all that thrilled with TH either. The soup was ok, but everything else was eh?

We are bleh on Boma… the food was just too exotic for our simplistic taste-buds :laugh:

I love Boma! It’s a must do for us each time. I love the food. Try a Wednesday or Saturday for ribs.

I liked breakfast at Boma better than dinner. I have only eaten at Tusker House for breakfast. Both are high on my list of favorite places to eat at Disney!

I hav e never done Tusker House, but have done Boma for dinner twice. I LOVE that meal! I usually don’t like buffets for dinner, but Boma was GREAT both times…and has something for everyone! Even picky eaters. My two are REALLY picky (and so am I!) I heard breakfast at Boma is great, too. I hope to try that next trip!

Yak and Yedi is a must for us every time we’re there. When we have the kids, we do lunch…and they really like the menu. When we don’t have the kids with us, we get cocktails at the bar around 4 followed by an early dinner.

I would give Boma another shot. I did and was thankful for it. I did not care for their dinner the first time and was definately pleasantly surprised the next time I went. Dinner starts at 5pm, but they check you in starting at 4:30pm. They don’t start dinner until the drums ceremony (VERY cute) and that is at 5pm.

We have dinner reservations for Boma in about a week and a half. We have never been hope it is worth it. Usually don’t do too many buffets but heard this place was good.

Boma, no question!