First off, like the changes on the website!!! Obviously has been a while since I’ve been on the site:ohmy:
We have finally taken the “plunge” and booked a Disney Cruise (7 night Western Caribbean)in October 2014 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We have never cruised before so we are not only nervous about being sick the entire time but we also do not know what to expect. With WDW, we are experts! I have read the Birnbaum’s book and am starting the Passporter. Boy there is a lot. A co-worker took the same exact cruise and let me borrow the Personal Navigator and the excursions offered to check out. I still have so many questions, I just don’t know where to start.
- I read that the ship only accepts credit cards. So I am guessing we cannot pay for everything in cash as we were planning on doing?
- Should we convert cash prior to sailing for the islands or do they take US dollars?
- Unfortunately we got the later seating for dinner. Is it hard to get an earlier seating? I am hoping to keep calling and checking. Hubby has reflux and cannot eat late.
- Are you better off booking your excursions through the cruise line or have you booked it on your own?
- Do you fly in the day of departure or do you fly in the night before?
- If we fly in the night before, does the cruise line offer shuttle to hotel?
- Is it worth using the laundry facilities or just over pack to avoid having to do laundry?
Ok, that is all I can think of right now. I am sure I will have more. Thank you again for answering my questions and helping me. You guys have always been the best advisors for Disney which is why I come to you:mickey: