Booked GCV for Nov

Not earth shattering news but I thought I’d pass it on that they are booking GCV. Just got a studio. It will just be the three of us and I want to save points for a one bedroom at AKV sometime next year.

Have fun! Disney’s Villas at the Grand Californian is going to be a great DVC resort.

Thanks, Mike. A good time is a given. I have to agree. The GCV is really going to add options for those that want to go to DL.

Please let us know how it is. We’re planning on using some of our pts next year to go there.

For sure. We’ll take lots of pics.

That’s exciting news, thanks! :happy:

We are so pumped about GCV. Knowing DVC has finally reached us on the West Coast is awesome!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;971132]That’s exciting news, thanks! :happy:

We are so pumped about GCV. Knowing DVC has finally reached us on the West Coast is awesome![/QUOTE]

Us, too. All we need now is a Disney Cruise line ship in long beach and we won’t need to fly to florida…lol…just kidding.

Actually this is a very distinct possibility within the next few years!!

:eek: (I know, shocking, right??)

With Disney building the Dream and the Fantasy ships, the Wonder is going to be coming over to CA for an “extended stay”. They’ve had huge success with the few cruises Disney has made out of CA, so the “extended stay” is going to be a test of how well DCL could do out here permanently. Obviously, it’s no Bahamas/Caribbean, but I still think the Wonder could do VERY well and may end up a permanent fixture on the West Coast!

One of my friends from Disneyland was just telling me about all of this…Disney has been telling DL CMs about the cruise opportunities they will have when the Wonder finally makes its way out here - it’s not due to happen until the Dream and/or Fantasy are finished, so it will mostly likely be around 2011. But it’s in the works! Exciting, huh? :biggrin:

[QUOTE=dznygrl;971358]Actually this is a very distinct possibility within the next few years!!

:eek: (I know, shocking, right??)

With Disney building the Dream and the Fantasy ships, the Wonder is going to be coming over to CA for an “extended stay”. They’ve had huge success with the few cruises Disney has made out of CA, so the “extended stay” is going to be a test of how well DCL could do out here permanently. Obviously, it’s no Bahamas/Caribbean, but I still think the Wonder could do VERY well and may end up a permanent fixture on the West Coast!

One of my friends from Disneyland was just telling me about all of this…Disney has been telling DL CMs about the cruise opportunities they will have when the Wonder finally makes its way out here - it’s not due to happen until the Dream and/or Fantasy are finished, so it will mostly likely be around 2011. But it’s in the works! Exciting, huh? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

That is very cool…It will make a Disney Cruise affordable because we always have to fly to Florida before we can get on a boat. They had them out here for the 50th I believe but the timing was bad for us. 2011 will work for me.

I know! We can’t justify the cruise + the cost of airfare, which is why we still haven’t been! Together, the combined cost is just killer. :pinch:

Im so excited about the DVC units opening up here on the West Coast! I was also told that if the “extended stay” of the DCL does well enough here in CA like it did back during the 50th, Disney would like to permanently keep a ship here on the West Coast as its new home, offer cruises to both Mexico and Alaska and was also looking into offering the popular Land and Sea Cruise Packages. Pretty cool! ---- Now if only Disney would get its act together and bring the highly well-worked and popular Dining Package/Free Dining Plan to DLR!!