Booked the Behind the Seeds Tour!

We booked the Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot for August. We did so just for the 4 adults in our party.

If anyone has been on this and has a tip, let me know.

I think??? johnkimv did this and wrote about it in her TR?

If she did I’m sure she’ll be along to tell you about it! Have FUN!!

Baloo and I just did this on our last trip! I have lots of pictures and videos but never got them posted here on MB. :crying: We both really enjoyed the tour. They take you into a few areas that you can’t see from the ride, and then you enter the greenhouse and walk around in front of the boats. We got to taste their hydroponically-grown cucumbers and feed the tilapia.

I’d be happy to share pictures or videos if you want to see them. :happy:

Oooo have fun! I love the ride and have always wanted to try the tour! Im sure if you do a forum search a few threads will pop up!

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;972541]Baloo and I just did this on our last trip! I have lots of pictures and videos but never got them posted here on MB. :crying: We both really enjoyed the tour. They take you into a few areas that you can’t see from the ride, and then you enter the greenhouse and walk around in front of the boats. We got to taste their hydroponically-grown cucumbers and feed the tilapia.

I’d be happy to share pictures or videos if you want to see them. :happy:[/QUOTE]

If you are willing to share, that would be great!!

Please let us know how it turns out! If anyone has done the railroad tour at MK, I’d love to hear about that one as well. Maybe there should be a forum set up just for the tours?

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;971745]I think??? johnkimv did this and wrote about it in her TR?

If she did I’m sure she’ll be along to tell you about it! Have FUN!![/QUOTE]

We did it and it was great!! I am linking (I think!!:smile:) to my TR.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/47673-johnkimvs-trip-report.html
Also, I would try to do this tour earlier in the day if you can. I can imagine it gets pretty hot in the greenhouse as the day goes on.

How much is the tour of the greenhouse and MK railroad?

Behind the Seeds Tour is $16/adult but I did get a DVC discount to make it $13.50 or so. I think Annual Passholder may also get a discount.

MK Railroad - do not know. Always wanted to do that one also.

Sure! :happy: I picked a couple of the highlights…

This was the first room we went into, where they talked about the pest control they do using other insects. These plants have insect larva in them that tunnel through the leaves, but Epcot uses tiny wasps to eat the larva before they kill the plants.

This is the biotechnology lab where they talked about tissue culturing. I thought it was really interesting.

We got to eat hydroponically-grown cucumbers. They were delicious! :wub: Our guide gave us all a handout with instructions on how to make your own hydroponic garden at home.

You get to see a lot from the tour that you can’t see or don’t notice from the ride.

We played a game at the end where our guide passed around tubes with foods and spices in them and we had to guess what they were. One of them stumped everyone on our tour.

I hope you like the tour! We definitely did!

AAA and Disney Visa also get discounts on the greenhouse tour. I think coupons come in the Birnbaum books also. I would assume the same kinds of discounts apply to other tours too.