Booking incentive options

We were in Disney in Nov 2012, on a trip with my mother in law. We knew we would be going on our own trip this Sept and was told by our wonderful waitress at Kona Cafe that if we booked during our stay there were incentives. What we found out is they were offering a free DDP for booking during the current stay. It turns out that now they are offering it to anyone booking during that time frame. Not that I don’t want others to have this opportunity, but I feel like now it was not any real incentive. So my question is… Does anyone out there know if we call Disney will they offer any other discounts / incentives since that offer is no longer inclusive to booking during an existing stay? :sad:

I’m not sure what you are really asking for… Do you want an “individual” separate incentive from Disney? What were you thinking of? A disount on the resort or tickets, as well as the DDP? Because I’m afraid that that isn’t going to happen. I don’t quite understand why it bothers you that others are getting the free dining as well. Please don’t get me wrong - I’m not trying to infer that I think you’re wanting something “special” - I just don’t understand why the free dining isn’t enough of an incentive.

I never realized there was any incentive to book another vacation while you are still there…

What are other incentives offered if you don’t do free dining and book while you are still there? Did they tell you or offer you anything else?

Just curious—it wouldn’t affect me anyway because we only go every couple of years…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1133891]I never realized there was any incentive to book another vacation while you are still there…

What are other incentives offered if you don’t do free dining and book while you are still there? Did they tell you or offer you anything else?

Just curious—it wouldn’t affect me anyway because we only go every couple of years…[/QUOTE]

As I’m reading it - the OP doesn’t want free dining in September, because now it’s being offered to the general public. I don’t think there were any other options to choose from…maybe I’m wrong…

One of the flyers on the table generally has some sort of offers for rebound bookings.

…so the offers might change each time? I can honestly say that I never remember seeing an offer BUT—As I said—I can never rebook while there because we don’t plan out that far…so I am just curious what other offers they might have.

I guess the question is - would other incentives be as good as free dining? I have to admit I’ve never noticed that either - and I usually read every bit of info they give you in your little check-in binder.

You cold always do what I did. I booked through Disney and transferred to a travel agency. I wound up with free dining and got a $50 GC for transferring.

Llama—you are probably right—not much could beat that for some people—a guaranteed discounted rate might work though…:smile:

I’ve seen rebooking fliers on the table for a certain percentage off. OP, just keep an eye out on Mousesavers for other discount codes. Disney offers all different kinds at all different times. Its a fact that many times if its offered under one set of circumstances, it will be offered under another. It’s a marketing tool to get people to Disney. You can only have one “perk” per reservation, so when you see another deal out there, just call Disney and see which one gives you the better savings. They will apply it to your reservation if the new one is better.

That offer is typical of bounce back offer which is what you received. There is never a guarantee that it will be available or how many offers will be available for your specific resort, dates etc. You got advance dibs on it. It’s free food and pretty much the best discount you will get. Not sure what else you want on top of free food.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1133891]I never realized there was any incentive to book another vacation while you are still there…

Just curious—it wouldn’t affect me anyway because we only go every couple of years…[/QUOTE]

Hi smallworld. :mickey: Mouskeeping places offers in select rooms for whatever incentive they are running. I am not aware of what other incentives they might offer. We do not go frequently either. Prior to the short trip we took in Nov., the last time we were there was Sept. 2007. As I mentioned, we knew we were taking our own trip in Sept 2013, so this happened to work out for us.

…it’s a good deal if you know you are able to book for your next trip while you are still there… :happy:

Thank you to everyone who posted helpful suggestions. :biggrin: As someone insinuated ( :rolleyes: ), I don’t want others not to have the free dining. For those who can really use it, I am happy Disney is offering it. My point was, that it is not such a special “incentive” if it has now become available to everyone. I have already considered calling Disney to change to the room discount they are offering now instead. We are not big eaters and don’t really want to have to eat at “table service” restaurants everyday. I feel we would be wasting the credits and buying quick meals besides.

I wasn’t expecting such a negative response to my question. It wasn’t meant to insult anyone, just wondering if anyone else had encountered this situation.

:cheshire:

I hope next time you’re ready to go there are discounts or free dining available!:genie: