Booking room with Annual Pass discounts, etc

I plan on visiting Disney two times next year and will be purchasing an annual pass. However, I want to reserve the room before I purchase the passes. And, if there happens to be an annual pass discount that comes out, do I need the annual pass then or can I just show proof of the pass when I check in?

You don’t need the pass to book the room, you just need to have it when you check in in case the CM asks for it. If the CM tells you that you have to have to pass to book the room hang up and call back.

Yep! What DT said is true.

When you call just tell them you are a passholder and what are the rates. When they do their speal at the end, in it they will say “Must have a vaild pass at check in”!

BUT, in all honesty . . . I’ve been going for years and have NEVER once had to show my pass . . . just my license. They may have a system that when they pull up your name it shows them if your pass is valid or not, since your pass does have your name one it.

Great! That was what I figured but wanted to make sure. My plans are starting to come together! Disney 2010 here we come!!! (but not soon enough :laugh:)

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;980139]Yep! What DT said is true.

When you call just tell them you are a passholder and what are the rates. When they do their speal at the end, in it they will say “Must have a vaild pass at check in”!

BUT, in all honesty . . . I’ve been going for years and have NEVER once had to show my pass . . . just my license. They may have a system that when they pull up your name it shows them if your pass is valid or not, since your pass does have your name one it.[/QUOTE]

They definitely have everyone in the system. Not regarding AP rooms, but last time we took the kids and stayed in Dis property was 03 (and that was a value). When I book a room at the Poly this year once I told them my name they then called out DH’s, DD1’s & DD2’s name and “current” ages (ok that was freaky). When I added DD3’s name they asked if she’d not made the trip with us last time. Actually she did but since she was still free we just flew her in under radar,lol. Jeez, this was 6 years ago and they still have all our “current” info in the system. I don’t think SOG even keeps up with it that much and we stay there more often.