Boulangerie Patisserie/ France Updates

I was just reading about the updates to Boulangerie Patisserie, and I’m really excited. We skipped this last visit because it was so crowded! Hopefully there will be enough seats now.

Major Makeover for the France Pavilion at Epcot Disney Parks Blog

I hope they don’t ruin my favorite little pastry shop. Sometimes bigger isn’t always better. We always found a quiet little table inside/around the corner to enjoy our yummy treats and cool off.

We always go in the summer and the line sometimes looks long but we’ve never waited more than a few minutes to get in the door and you order right there. I think people walk away thinking its a longer wait than it actually is.

Not thrilled with this - why does everything have to be “bigger” to be “better”?

Yes - there are lines, but they move quickly and it’s nice to find a little spot away from the crowds to eat your delectable goodies. It’s going to lose all it’s quaintness and just become another counter-service.

[QUOTE=llama;1119787]Not thrilled with this - why does everything have to be “bigger” to be “better”?

Yes - there are lines, but they move quickly and it’s nice to find a little spot away from the crowds to eat your delectable goodies. It’s going to lose all it’s quaintness and just become another counter-service.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Yes, it was small but we honestly didn’t find it that busy but now it’s just going to be one more average counter service restaurant. It’s not going to be a shorter wait or less crowded, just the opposite I’m afraid.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1119784]I hope they don’t ruin my favorite little pastry shop. Sometimes bigger isn’t always better. We always found a quiet little table inside/around the corner to enjoy our yummy treats and cool off.

We always go in the summer and the line sometimes looks long but we’ve never waited more than a few minutes to get in the door and you order right there. I think people walk away thinking its a longer wait than it actually is.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The boulangerie is very authentic in size and feel. the little nooks outside with small tables, give the feeling of “being there”. I sure hope they don’t mess with that atmosphere. I think the French pavilion is the best one out there. :cool:

Time will tell. I’ll keep an open mind but I’m worried.

Oh I’m disappointed about the alterations too. The whole point about the boulangerie was the size and the quaintness. It really was like being in France, even the lines! I think every time we went the queues were out of the door, but the staff were always quick and efficient.
It will be interesting to see how they have modified it.

Why don’t they make the Patisserie a FP attraction? Problem solved! :wink:

P.S. Is it my imagination, or is WDW getting so big and oriented for gigantic crowds that it is losing some characteristics that I really like? I am finding more and more big-ness that is aggravating me. Don’t get me started…

Miss Disney, you may be on to something…

Well…here’s my thoughts on this.

“We” have become a group of people that no longer has any patience…we want everything now…we don’t want to wait in any lines…we want it ready for us…and we want the whole experience that everyone else gets…even if we are not the first ones “there” to get it…“we” as human beings, want it and we want it now…

In other words, “we” are changing WDW…by our comments, by our complaints…we are changing things…WDW is just trying to keep up with our wants…

I have heard friends complaining about having to wait for an attraction, that it’s hot etc…hey—if it’s summer in Florida, its going to be hot and it’s going to be crowded at the parks…it just is…you can’t expect otherwise…

But I think that Disney would rather keep the chronic complainers happy with faster service, than with ambiance. Those that want things in a snap, don’t stop to really enjoy the decor, the labor that goes into making it that way, etc.

Just my opinion…change can be good…but I always hate it when something is “dumbed down” to make people happy…

I agree completely. Of course I know the bottom line is always profit - but I think that can work both ways - it might bring more people in - but it also has the opposite effect. A lot of people are just being turned off by the crowds, the deals, the constant changes. I’m afraid I’m one of them.

I think you’re right about losing the character. I loved that the shop was small, it was designed that way for a reason–it’s authentic. Now it’s just going to be another counter service restaurant.

We go in July, one of the most crowded times of the year. Sure the line is out the door but the door is where the line begins because once you step in you’re at the counter and ordering. There are two counters and two registers to pay so the one line out the door splits in to two lines and we’ve ordered, gotten our food, and paid in a matter of a few minutes. We eat there at least once every trip and have yet to not get an inside table to enjoy our lunch.

Well, when you put it that way, now I’m a little worried :ohmy: I do love the quaintness of that little corner… I guess we’ll have to see how everything turns out.

Isn’t that what life in America is all about? The bigger the better, the Walmarts, Petsmarts, Walgreens,
Sam’s club, Cosco, etc., just like in the former Soviet Union - monopolies

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. I really try not to be but sometimes I think some places can be ruined by expansion. Maybe, just maybe, they are popular because they are small and out of the way. I love the hidden gems at WDW but it seems like those are fewer and fewer all the time.

I sure hope they don’t start eyeing Kringla Bakery and the Yorkshire Fish Shoppe…

I hope this isn’t the start of things to come. I love the small little things and places.

Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. I really try not to be but sometimes I think some places can be ruined by expansion. Maybe, just maybe, they are popular because they are small and out of the way. I love the hidden gems at WDW but it seems like those are fewer and fewer all the time.

No, I think you’re right about that. I just thought it would be nice to have a place to sit… but I love all the small nooks and crannies. It would be really sad if they started to dissapear!