Bounce back question?

Not sure if this is the right place to post.

We are going to Disney world next year just me and DW. if we are offered a bounce back can we book for a family trip the next year for like 6 to 8 people?

also anyone have any advice how the bounce back price compares to mouseketrips?:mickey:

thanks folks

[QUOTE=jimbo;1043995]Not sure if this is the right place to post.

We are going to Disney world next year just me and DW. if we are offered a bounce back can we book for a family trip the next year for like 6 to 8 people?

also anyone have any advice how the bounce back price compares to mouseketrips?:mickey:

thanks folks[/QUOTE]

We were in PC this past weekend. We ‘bounced back’ before we checked out on Sunday. They gave me 3 choices: a value resort, a moderate or a deluxe.
I opted for the moderate as there was very little difference between the value & the moderate.

I put the one day deposit on our charge card. I will pay the remainder before our trip. But, he did tell me that we could pay for it upon our arrival.

I don’t believe it matters how many more comes with you as long as you’re paying. The man who I spoke with was under the impression that it would be 4 of us ‘bouncing back’. I informed him that it would only be DH & myself. That was no problem.

When you speak to them make sure. They will answer all your questions.

thanks brebre

does the bounce back include park tickets and dinning??

and what about the amount of days would they let us have 14 days do you know?:mickey:

bounce back??

[QUOTE=jimbo;1044517]thanks brebre

does the bounce back include park tickets and dinning??

and what about the amount of days would they let us have 14 days do you know?:mickey:[/QUOTE]

I’ve never understood the ‘bounce back’ jimbo so I’m glad you’ve asked. We always use Mouseketrips, they are brilliant with us, and Keith who I always contact works tirelessly to get us the very best deal- thats why we’ve never used the bounce back system ( and cos we dont get it either lol) so, looking forward to the replies you get.

With so many people talking about bounce back in the passed I was hoping for a bit more advice:ninja: I have had a rough quote from Scott at mouseketrips - it seems a very good price and the information I read on the web site makes me think it would be the best way to go, but would like to hear more about the bounce back.

Thanks Dixie for your input, I contacted mouseketrips following your advice some time ago. they are so helpful. I don’t want to jump in and book without getting more info. although booking will be a long way off yet.

[B][I]A Bounce Back offer is made when you are already staying in a WDW resort. The Bounce Back offer is only good on your NEXT trip. You have to Bounce Back before you check out. You save 20% on value resorts, 35% on moderate & 40% off deluxe resorts if I remember correctly.

When I called the number on the Bounce Back paper left in our room, I had to give the man the code located on the paper. He asked what resort I preferred. Then , he quoted me 3 resort prices (value, moderate or preferred). He asked if I would be needing tickets then. No, we have tickets.

I suppose you could ask at that time which would be best, the Bounce Back offer or a regular package deal. I believe that he would give you the best deal.

If your plans change after you made the Bounce Back ressies, you can always change your trip dates. Or cancel altogether as long as it’s a month before your arrival date.

I hope this helps.[/I][/B]

When we’ve been offered bounce back, it was for room only. The percentage off was comparable to other offers we have received in the past. Only, in reading recently about Disney’s earnings, although they are doing well with movies, it stated a loss for the parks, and mentioned as we all know, prices going up and less offers being offered. So, I would take the bounce back to assure a discount. And then, you can always change it if you come across a better deal. Disney is wonderful about that. You just have to call, and they will change your reservation with the better deal.

so should my question be – should i book through bounce back or through a disney agent like mouseketrips ??:wink:

Jimbo I read it as take the bounce back and then if Scott can come up with a better price, or a better deal nearer the time ( say with dining or park tickets) then you can cancel your bounce back ressie and take the alternative with Scott- is that how you’re reading it too?

yes thats how i read it… but would Disney give me my money back to book with someone else? or will they just change my booking with them…:mickey:

Yes if you cancelled the Bounce back in time- thats why it sounds such a good deal. You could make the booking on bounce back, get the discount, but if Scott comes up with something better, as long as you’re within the cancellation window you can cancel the bounce back and go with Scott’s deal. Ask about how long notice they need for you to cancel should the need arise if you decide to do the bounce back? But check with others who have done this Jimbo, as I am merely reading it like you and may be reading it wrong but I dont think so?

Now Jimbo I’m going to ask you a question! have you been offered bounce back before? I’ve never been offered it and I wondered if its cos us Brits stay such a long time i.e between 14-21 days and it’s not to Disney’s advantage to have us stay so long? I noticed someone above said the offer was left in the room? I’ve never had an offer like that, or do you have to ask about it or ask for it?

The bounce back offer is left in certain rooms. I wish I had one to show you. It’s a piece of cardboard in the shape of a clock. On one side is a yearly calendar. On the other side is an explaination of the savings & the Code numbers. I have been to several different resorts where I have found the offer on each of our resort tables.

Yes we were offered a bounce back last year - it was left in our room just as brebre said, but last year we booked through Disney UK so don’t know if that made any difference.:ph34r: However i must say that the Disney UK office was not very helpful with any enquirers.

we did not take much notice of the bounce back offer as we knew we was not going this year.

[QUOTE=jimbo;1044796]Yes we were offered a bounce back last year - it was left in our room just as brebre said, but last year we booked through Disney UK so don’t know if that made any difference.:ph34r: However i must say that the Disney UK office was not very helpful with any enquirers.

we did not take much notice of the bounce back offer as we knew we was not going this year.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, as far as I am aware we’ve never been offered a ‘bounce back’ and dont recall the clock leaflet in the room? Either we are undesirables:laugh:or I haven’t noticed the offer (probably the first one lol)