Breakfast at Kouzzina?

Has anyone had the breakfast at Kouzzina? We last ate breakfast there when it was Spoodles, and it was a tad too fancied-up for us at breakfast, with olive oil and peppers and all sorts of adventurous flavors. What we really like in the morning is simple eggs, bacon, toast, juice, waffles, good coffee…

If you look at the super-scary Kouzzina breakfast menu (attached below) it looks like it is similar to the Spoodles options, and I may not want to book that. I am really concerned when I see that they use stuff like granola for the blueberry pancakes, anise bread for the french toast, or completely unfamiliar things in the breakfast scramble. Unless someone tells me here that simple things can be ordered, I may have to pass on this meal.

Kouzzina by Cat Cora - Breakfast - Boardwalk

P.S. If there is one shortcoming at BWV, it would be that there is no breakfast spot at the resort. You really have to head across the lake to Cape May Cafe, Captain’s Grille or hit the Swolphin. We usually have something in our own kitchen, but we do like a nice restaurant breakfast one morning each trip.

Here is some reviews, hope that helps. I have been there for dinner a few times and love it,but, not for breakfast.
AllEars.net Review Page - Kouzzina by Cat Cora - Breakfast - Powered by ReviewPost

The “American” sounds safe and the waffle…could someone tell me what a “Finnimon” bun is? Breakfast is the one meal we always eat in the suite. I’ll usually get bagels, fruit and yogurt from the Bakery - which also has very good finnimon buns. I honestly don’t think I could face feta, olives and arugula first thing in the morning.

LOL – just reading some of the breakfast dishes is giving me indigestion! :blink:

mousemom, thanks! I did already read those reviews, sure! But I really want to get input from MBers. Because they know what’s what and we can discuss here.

Try the waffles.
They’re good and fairly standard.

And I think you know how leery of Kouzzina’s menu I’ve been.
Had breakfast there in July, partly because we couldn’t get into Cape May that day.

One word… BAKERY. Yummmmm.

We’ve had breakfast there many times and have always enjoyed it. The Golden Waffle is delish.

The Golden Waffle keeps cropping up as the safe bet on the menu at Kouzzina. I don’t think that’s enough for me, and too many creepy Spoodles skillet breakfasts are haunting me still.

So, no Kouzzina breakfasts for us. We will head over to BC or YC and grab some buffet there. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

You should go with the Golden Waffle and order an egg on the side if you think there isn’t enough to get you through to lunch. It’s not a small waffle. You know how leery I was of Kouzzina, so if I am comfortable recommending it, I think you can feel safe. Of course, you could probably plan something else and then on that morning call an audible and go to Kouzzina.

LOL @ call an audible

I was leary of the menu here too but we had breakfast there shortly after it opened as Kouzzina and it was very good. They also have pressed coffee which I love. It was a nice, quiet alternative to some of the noisy breakfast spots.

I think I am more scared that they charge $11.99 for an “American” …that’s ridiculous.

I can’t get passed the arugula…

That’s not nearly as stomach-turning as a big gob of early-morning “pickled sumac onions” Seriously, what the hay??? :blow:

“Hey Mom, let’s go grab a bowl of pickled sumac onions and then go ride Rockn Roller Coaster! Wheeeeeeee!”

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1129759]That’s not nearly as stomach-turning as a big gob of early-morning “pickled sumac onions” Seriously, what the hay??? :blow:

“Hey Mom, let’s go grab a bowl of pickled sumac onions and then go ride Rockn Roller Coaster! Wheeeeeeee!”[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine waiting in a lengthy standby queue behind a family with bellyfulls of pickled sumac onions, fresh from a Kouzzina breakfast feast? :eek:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1129759]That’s not nearly as stomach-turning as a big gob of early-morning “pickled sumac onions” Seriously, what the hay??? :blow:

“Hey Mom, let’s go grab a bowl of pickled sumac onions and then go ride Rockn Roller Coaster! Wheeeeeeee!”[/QUOTE]

Disney might appreciate the increase in visitor interaction they keep pushing once the sumac onions leave you.:eek:

What and where is this place? Pickeled Sumac Onions??? for breakfast?? Is that ethnic or just----different??? :blow:

Mmm mmm mmm. :happy: