Breakfast choice?

We have narrowed down our breakfast to either Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace. . .we have done 1900 Park Fare a few times, and always pleased with the buffet. DD is 9 almost 10 and doesn’t care really about characters, so either with do.

Thoughts on which one is better and why? We did do Poly in October and was disappointed due to service.

Help. . .:blink:

Do the CP… it can get you into the park early. Plus, it is inside the park, you can be having fun in 5 minutes after you leave… Characters are fun, and it is a good atmosphere.

Unless you can get an ADR before the parks open i’d go back to 1900. When you went to the Poly was it Kona or Ohana? We’ve never had a bad time at Kona.

i think that both places at the poly are good. Food a little better at Ohana, but it was slow. Kona, quick, but I can get tonga toast downstairs. Good all around though, and I would go again.

If she’s not that into the characters that much anymore, I’d go with Kona Cafe. Just really good food. Perhaps not the most exciting surroundings, but the wait staff there is just so nice! We liked 'Ohana too. I like the family style dining. We just aren’t fans of buffets.

Are you going to do MK that day? If so, something we have done is hit the Main Streeet Bakery and take our goodies to a bench in or around the hub and relax, people watch, and just take in the atmosphere. And it’s a whole lot cheaper than a sit down meal.
Now if you are burning meal plan credits this might not be an option.

The Grand Floridian Cafe serves an excellent breakfast in a really relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend it.
Just think: Lobster Eggs Benedict and other amazing little concoctions

[QUOTE=Dopey;1098483]The Grand Floridian Cafe serves an excellent breakfast in a really relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend it.
Just think: Lobster Eggs Benedict and other amazing little concoctions[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the GFC and the Lobster Eggs Benedict. It is really good.

Yup, I think it’s one of the Gems in the restaurant department at Disney

I love the GFC, but if I was going to the MK I would choose CP. I would try to get an early ressie, I love to be on Main Street before it gets crowded.

Let’s see.
Both 1900 and CP have Pooh and Tigger, the difference being Piglet and Eyore at CP and Alice and the Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins at 1900.

Both are favorites, but I think I’d lean toward CP if I could get a reservation at both for the day/time you want.

PS:The food and service are good at both in my long experience.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1098483]The Grand Floridian Cafe serves an excellent breakfast in a really relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend it.
Just think: Lobster Eggs Benedict and other amazing little concoctions[/QUOTE]

1900 Park Fare serves this daily on their buffet too.

LOVE CP! But then again we’ve never been to Grand Floridian for breakfast. We will be trying it in a few days and will have a better idea. We do make CP one of our reservations just about every time we go, enjoy the atmosphere and the good is really good.

I am a huge fan of the Crystal Palace and it’s a tradition for my daughter and I to go at least once while in WDW.

Here’s why we like it:

1. it’s pooh!
  2. awesome bfast!!
  3. we pick the 8:05 seating on an NON EMH moring and can be at the castle before the park even opens!

Thanks everyone! We have reservations at CP at 8:25am when the parks open at 9am. We have never ate a CP and am looking forward to something a little different. Can’t wait. . i can taste the mickey waffles now!:glare:

I know, I have had it. It is not as good as at the GF Cafe :wink:

You will have a great time getting there early to see main street very uncrowded… Have fun!

Just a tip: You can enter the park at 8am with that ADR time. They will seat you long before that 8:25ADR. I do it whenever I cannot get the 8:05am.

In a way, that’s good to know, because I’ve never been blown away by 1900 Park Fare’s interpretation of Lobster Eggs Benedict.

That is one thing I like about MB. I can see some people that have different tastes and gauge it to fit my taste. If I see someone that likes some places I hate I know that I may not want to follow their recommendations. Not that they are wrong but our tastes just don’t match. On the other hand there are some that I follow that have always been on track. We have to understand that we have different palates and my recommendation may not suit you be it lodging or dining.