Breakfast, lunch suggestions

Hi. Thanks in advanced, you guys are a great help. I am going on my firts trip to WDW with my family in July. We may only be able to do one character breakfast (budget). If you think only about the quality of the food itself, which one would you choose: Donald at AK, Chefs Mickey, Hollywod and Vine or The Crystal Palace? Also I don’t hear too much about lunch, which one is your favorite lunch buffet? Thanks

You missed Ohana at the Polynesian Resort.

I would choose either Donald at Ak or Crystal Palace. At Chef Mickey’s- I felt rushed to get out of there… but not at the other places…

For lunch, Are you thinking a table service restaurant, or a counter service? For that in the Mk, I would suggest Pinnochio Village Haus if you can sit by the interior window, or Cosmic Rays. Really, you can’t go wrong here as everything is similar when it comes to counter service.

In the HS, we liked the backlot express because there are cars and motorcycles inside it that your kids can climb on… Or Pizza planet- but there are tons of video games here that you have to spend money on…
At Ak- I would suggest Pizzafari… for the atmosphere… If you are looking at table service, that is another story all together.

[Thanks for your suggestions. I am traveling with a 3 and a 18 month old, so for lunch I would rather have air conditioning and as baby friendly as it can be, it can be table meal or not. We are renting a villa so mostly we are cooking breakfast there, and would like a filling lunch that will take us all the way to dinner back in the villa.

It is all filling- if you choose it too be… You really can’t go wrong anywhere… You can do a lot of those sit down places for lunch with characters too… Just an FYI…

Crystal Palace has my vote. Great food and how can you not love Pooh. Be sure to get your ADRs before the park opens so you can get great pics on Main Street with out a crowd (the gate agents will only allow guest in the park with ADRs if your ADRs are before offical park opening) plus be first in line for the rides.

Chef Mickey’s is my vote. We really enjoyed our early a.m. ADR (7am, first one of the day!) and got a lot of personal attention from the characters like multiple visits!

I agree-- Chef Mickey’s would be my pick!

Tara- Your little one is getting so big and adorable! Post some pics for us!

Chef Mickey or Ohana’s.

Both are great, because after breakfast you are a monorail ride away from MK!

We really liked Tusker House at AK for lunch, no characters, but lots of stations with lots of food choices.

Have you considered the dining plan . . . it’s a really good deal!

I TS, CS and snack per day . . . $36.99/adult . . . I don’t even think you could grocery shop for that these days?

I personally would do Ohana at the polly because Mickey AND my fav Stitch is there and the food is awesome!

I love them all but I think Crystal Palace is the best!! Yummy Yummy Yummy!!!

Hi and welcome! I go with those above Chef Mickeys and O’Hana, both are so much fun with great food, good character interaction and an all round enjoyable atmosphere- Crystal Palace is great too but those others- they’re two of our favourites (we like 1900 Park fayre at the Grand Floridian too)

Thaks for the great ideas, I am a breakfast person, so If I am only going out for one, I wanted to be a good one. I will check on the Ohana, but I do like the idea of being inthe park with an early ADR, I may just do that. I am staying in the Caribe Royale, because my 11 year old sister is coming for the first time to the US with my father and his wife, so we were a very large group for a value resort, so we opted to stay off property.
I heard greatthings about BOMA too, have any of you tried it?

[QUOTE=jennyfr1;944722]Thaks for the great ideas, I am a breakfast person, so If I am only going out for one, I wanted to be a good one. I will check on the Ohana, but I do like the idea of being inthe park with an early ADR, I may just do that. I am staying in the Caribe Royale, because my 11 year old sister is coming for the first time to the US with my father and his wife, so we were a very large group for a value resort, so we opted to stay off property.
I heard greatthings about BOMA too, have any of you tried it?[/QUOTE]

Boma is very family-oriented with a huge buffet. Some of the food is a little more “exotic” than usual, but they also have all the familiar foods for kids (chicken fingers, mac & cheese, etc.) The general concensus is that it’s one of the best buffets for dinner at WDW. As for breakfast, if you want to be in the park, then Crystal Palace is probably you’re best bet. If you choose to leave the park - (think of the monorail as just another attraction) our favourite buffet is 1900 Park Fare Lane at the GF. We also love Ohana for breakfast. Ohana is good because the food is served family-style - no getting up to juggle at a buffet table with two little kids.

For lunch Pecos Bills at MK is counter service but inside and airconditioned and very good!!

Cape May Cafe has a nice character breakfast buffet, but I don’t think anything beats Crystal Palace (which also has a character lunch).

Hmmm… Donald’s is only character for breakfast, so I’d recommend that one. Animal Kingdom is probably the best park to have a character breakfast in. I’ve eaten at Donald’s many times and loved it.

I’ve eaten at Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine for lunch and would recommend both. Hollywood and Vine can get very loud, though, so beware. However, if your kids are fans of JoJo’s Circus, this is a great option.

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in the GF is undoubtedly an EXCELLENT feast for early morning risers that want quality. Plan to take your time, eat slow and enjoy!

Chef Mickey’s is really good! But I love Ohana, it’s more family style I think, but you cannot miss their Hawaiin Pinapple Bread!

We are trying 1900 Park Fare, at the GF, this year. But in the past we have always loved Chef Mickeys and Ohana’s, especially the Hawaiin Pineapple Bread. (which I have the recipe too, thanks to one of the waitresses at O’Hana). :slight_smile: