Bringing 87 yo Mom with disabilities

We are going to try and take Mom to WDW when the crowd levels are not too high, AND the weather isn’t cold.

She needs wheel chair and can get around the room with her walker, but has multiple health challenges, so I can not imagine her sitting in out doors in colder temps, or really hot temps for that matter.

any suggestions?

March is nice.

[QUOTE=nursepammi;1056856]We are going to try and take Mom to WDW when the crowd levels are not too high, AND the weather isn’t cold.

She needs wheel chair and can get around the room with her walker, but has multiple health challenges, so I can not imagine her sitting in out doors in colder temps, or really hot temps for that matter.

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Weather-wise, I agree with Boss about March. Out of curiosity, has Mom indicated a desire to travel to WDW? Our trip this past year with my Dad turned out to be too much for him. He is 80 and uses a walker as well. It was so hard for him to enjoy himself that he has decided he won’t come on the family vacation this year (no matter where we are going…) We are so surprised since he has always been so active. He said he just doesn’t feel up to it :sad:

March is great- not too crowded if you avoid Easter and the 2 weeks before it. Make sure she can get from ride to ride where she will want to ride. It might be fun for her to ride around and see things-like the parades, etc… There is a ton to do that do not involve running from ride to ride. She might enjoy the atmosphere… Just make sure that you are able to handle the extra changes involved.

You said she needs a wheel chair. Have you considered renting her a scooter? There are a number of companies out there that will deliver one to the resort you are staying at, and then pick it up after you leave. My Mom requires one and loves the convenience of having it with her 24/7 (those hallways can get real long after a day at the parks).

It looks March will probably be my best bet. Now just keep your fingers crossed that we don’t get a nasty ice storm. Better get trip ins. =)

[QUOTE=nursepammi;1056856]We are going to try and take Mom to WDW when the crowd levels are not too high, AND the weather isn’t cold.

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

November is perfect. Of course, it’s almost over now. Wait until next November