British Invasion is leaving

noticed this on disboards and it’s posted on their facebook page.

To Our Fans.
First thanks to all the fans of the British Invasion for all their support over the years!!
It has been an honor to perform for you and Disney all these years!
We have given our notice to Disney Talent and Casting that we wouldn’t be playing after April 30th some time ago. We will be back to play at Disney from time to time and you will find those future dates posted on the British Invasion Facebook page!! Stay tuned for a british invasion fan appreciation party in May and details of our first concert appearance in downtown Orlando on May 14th.
Sincerely,
The British Invasion 2011

How sad. Wonder why? :frown:

People get tired of playing the same venue for 5 years.
That’s why Broadway shows change casts.
By the time I saw Fiddler on Broadway in 1968, they were on their third Tevye.

Maybe they’ll replace them with a Stones tribute.

My favorite place to watch a band, hear some great songs and drink a cold beer!
Sorry to see it end. I hope they are replaced with something just as good or better,
because the cost to get into EPCOT won’t go down.

[QUOTE=joseph3947;1074132]My favorite place to watch a band, hear some great songs and drink a cold beer!
Sorry to see it end. I hope they are replaced with something just as good or better,
because the cost to get into EPCOT won’t go down.[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more! This is sad news for me and my family.

Well then, I guess you and the other UK MB’rs are tasked with forming a search committee to recruit a group to replace them.

Get crackin’ and send them to over. Problem solved. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1074117]People get tired of playing the same venue for 5 years.
That’s why Broadway shows change casts.
By the time I saw Fiddler on Broadway in 1968, they were on their third Tevye.

Maybe they’ll replace them with a Stones tribute.[/QUOTE]

The last few yrs, they did move on from just Beatles music. I believe I remember Stones, Herman’s Hermits and Dave Clark five.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1074150]Well then, I guess you and the other UK MB’rs are tasked with forming a search committee to recruit a group to replace them.

Get crackin’ and send them to over. Problem solved. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I’m on it! Lol! Up until about 2 years ago my dj was in a queen tribute band…shucks…we missed the boat there lol. But…ill put the feelers out for a 3 weeks free stay for my commission :slight_smile:

I think you might be cutting yourself short. A typical agent take is 10%. That would be 5.2 weeks… a year :laugh:

Oh thats sad, they are very good-

On a lighter note- Robert Plant lives in the next village to me I’ll ask him what LZ could do-although they’re not very Disney-fied are they:laugh:

Failing that, Ariel, Jimbo and me could reform as the new replacement we know a Beatles song or two and we have the right accents?..no?? really??? Ok then:laugh:

[QUOTE=dixie;1074175]Oh thats sad, they are very good-

On a lighter note- Robert Plant lives in the next village to me I’ll ask him what LZ could do-although they’re not very Disney-fied are they:laugh:

[/QUOTE]

ARE you serious??? THAT is the coolest thing ever. I LOVE ZEPPELIN!

Yes he lives in Kinver which is the next village to mine- we see him all over the place, he’s a very ordinary man, no side to him at all- he’s a big Wolves fan (that’s a soccer team- my DH supports them too and he see’s Robert Plant there often just in the ordinary stands)
My best friend Joanne used to date either his son or his step son (can’t remember which), and she has a ton of Zeppelin stuff, back stage passes, albums etc all signed too.

I am not familiar with them.

British Invasion are a band play at the UK pavilion at Epcot, they are very good and have been at Epcot for a very long time- they will be missed by many.

[QUOTE=dixie;1074175]

Failing that, Ariel, Jimbo and me could reform as the new replacement we know a Beatles song or two and we have the right accents?..no?? really??? Ok then:laugh:[/QUOTE]

:happy::happy::happy:

[/QUOTE]

I know I’ll get it for this but, I’ve seen better.

You’re probably have, but the British Invasion was still a good show. It was just a nice thing to walk over, hear a song or two or ten, and then leave. No lining up an hour ahead, no major planning, just go.

Failing that, Ariel, Jimbo and me could reform as the new replacement we know a Beatles song or two and we have the right accents?..no?? really??? OK then:laugh:[/QUOTE]

OK first Gig September 2011:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes we’ve all seen better-they were hardly the Beatles or the Stones or any other great British band, and they aren’t known here in the UK at all but that’s not to say they weren’t good for the type of cover style entertainment they provided. Alot of people thought they were very good in that genre.

shouts ARIEL!!! where are you? Jimbo and I need to organise rehearsals!!!:laugh:

[QUOTE=dixie;1074185]Yes he lives in Kinver which is the next village to mine- we see him all over the place, he’s a very ordinary man, no side to him at all- he’s a big Wolves fan (that’s a soccer team- my DH supports them too and he see’s Robert Plant there often just in the ordinary stands)
My best friend Joanne used to date either his son or his step son (can’t remember which), and she has a ton of Zeppelin stuff, back stage passes, albums etc all signed too.[/QUOTE]

I love that he’s ordinary…very cool story. Thanks!