British Revolution

Found this video of the replacement band for the British Invasion they sound pretty good .

I can’t wait to see them live in a few weeks

some of the misic they play

•The Beatles
•The Clash
•David Bowie
•Led Zeppelin
•Pink Floyd
•The Police
•The Rolling Stones
•The Who

‪British Revolution Band at Epcot 5-17-11‬‏ - YouTube

I think they are too old to have hair that long.

(But I’m grumpy like that.)

[QUOTE=peter pan;1085750]Found this video of the replacement band for the British Invasion they sound pretty good .

I can’t wait to see them live in a few weeks

some of the misic they play

•The Beatles
•The Clash
•David Bowie
•Led Zeppelin
•Pink Floyd
•The Police
•The Rolling Stones
•The Who

‪British Revolution Band at Epcot 5-17-11‬‏ - YouTube[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, it must be difficult to follow the previous band, so I wish them lots of luck. Its an exciting venture for them I’m sure. I like their band tribute list too ( or some of it) I hope they do them all justice:happy:

I like most of the bands they cover and they sound pretty good from the youtube clip…but I miss the mop tops and their in-and-out fake British accents! And it hurts my heart to see a Police song taking the place of a Beatles one.

Aw no, were they fake? LOL I dont think I ever heard them speak only sing- no, tell me, they weren’t really British? I think these new ones are?
Bit like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins- oooh terrible accent:laugh:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1085769]I think they are too old to have hair that long.

(But I’m grumpy like that.)[/QUOTE]

If I could “Like” this, I would! :laugh::laugh: But, it made me think of the grumpy old man down the street. You kids stay off of my lawn!! :laugh::laugh:

:laugh: I bet he’s the terror of the neighbourhood! “Darn kids - with their darn hippie music!”

I’ve been going back and forth about how I want to voice my opinion and have scrapped a couple posts before hitting send.

Anyway my bottom line is, I don’t see or hear anything special at all.
And if you’re going to start including the 80’s how about just trashing this whole requirement for The Beatles (and The Stones and Zeppelin?) and concentrate on “classic” British new wave and Eurodance from the early and mid 80’s?
From what I’ve seen, these guys are no threat to Moroccan Roll and Off Kilter, both of which are far more original.

Or here’s a thought. They could have just decided to concentrate on 70’s prog rock like Yes, ELP, Genesis, and the like.

Or, a recreation of Joe Cocker’s Mad Dogs and Englishmen perhaps.

What Disney has decided to book is a plain old bar band.:nonono2:

And these guys are going to try and take back “Gimme Some Love” after the Blues Brothers took ownership of it 30 years ago?

I also heard the old band lose their accents at times between songs.
But these new guys don’t even appear to even be trying to emulate any sort of English accent. (My only evidence being the You Tube clip).

I’m more the the Sgt. Foley type, “Where you kids been all your life? Smoking dope, listening to rock and roll music and bad mouthing you country, no doubt.”

They need to wash their hair at the very least.

They have about as much enthusiasm as a slug heading to a plate of salt. Please give us something worthy of a song

You know, if this band was a horse, they’d have to shoot it because it had gone lame.
(Sorry, but you all know I have a very high bar when it comes to live music)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1085882]You know, if this band was a horse, they’d have to shoot it because it had gone lame.
(Sorry, but you all know I have a very high bar when it comes to live music)[/QUOTE]

Very true! Are we allowed to throw rotten eggs at them like a real concert?
Disney should put on the vultures from jungle book now that would be a show

[QUOTE=jimbo;1085891]Very true! Are we allowed to throw rotten eggs at them like a real concert?
Disney should put on the vultures from jungle book now that would be a show[/QUOTE]

You throw anything like that at one of my concerts and I’ll have you ejected:pirate:
I remember literally pulling some moron off our speaker stacks at a Twisted Sister show three times, and the third time he was pretty high up and could have really gotten hurt:fork_off: and this time I had a uniformed cop backing me up. If the moron had gotten hurt, I wouldn’t have cared in the least. I was more worried that idiot boy would pull the stacks down.
Heck, they’d have done better booking Dread Zeppelin for 3 months and then moving on to something else. (Did I hear someone say Oasis clone?:ohmy:)

I agree they are so-so. Alas we are cursed with …

wait for this one - it’s epic…

We are cursed with -

an Average White Band!

Get it? AWB from the 70’s?

It’s 8 am here and I am hot today!

:happy:[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1085909]I agree they are so-so. Alas we are cursed with …

wait for this one - it’s epic…

We are cursed with -

an Average White Band!

Get it? AWB from the 70’s?

It’s 8 am here and I am hot today![/QUOTE]

Heehee:happy:

blech, I think they sound terrible. But whatevah…