Brown Derby

So, we are trying Brown Derby for the first time this January. For those of you who have dined there what do you like best on the menu?

Brown Derby for New Year’s Eve

We loved the Sterling Silver Pork Chop and the Spice-rubbed Black Grouper for our entrees. Both were excellent meals.

Also for appys I am not a fan of the Cobb Salad. I have a thing with textures and it was to mushy for me, but both DH and I :heart::heart::heart: the Blue Lump Crab Cakes. They have this crunchy potato crust that was a wonderful compliment to the crab. We would both order the crab cakes again and again.

For dessert, we love the grapefruit cake. You have to try it atleast once. Its very good. But if grapefruit is not up your alley or if you have had it before, I strongly recommend the Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower. It is yummy!:wub:

Our server and others on boards often recommend the Duck 2 ways, so I am looking forward to trying that on our next visit.:happy:

The Oyster Brie Soup is magnificent. Absolutely amazing.

The Grapefruit Cake is so unique and great… very hard ot make at home, so treat yourself while you are at the restaurant.

Are you a drinker? Try a Poinsettia cocktail – even if you ar enot there during the holidays, they will make it for you. It is champagne, cranberry and grand marnier. Stellar!

The Cremini Mushroom Chevre Tortelloni appy is fantastic as is the Blue Lump Crab Cake.

As far as an entree is concerned, I have only tried (and still only order) the Char-grilled Filet of Beef, which is very good (not as good as a piece of beef at the Yachtsman’s, but still, very good). Others who have joined me at the Brown Derby have tried the Split-roasted half chicken, (which is a LOT of food btw! It can feed 2 adults and a small child), the pork chops and the salmon… And all were very pleased with their choices.

This is a perfect restaurant to tie in with the Fantasmic! meal package because lord knows, that show is ridiculously packed, no matter what time of the year it is…

PS the The Oyster Brie Soup does sound good!

Black Grouper is my favorite… I order it each time I eat there.
Frank

You are all making me very hungry! I can’t wait to try this place next trip!