BTMRR Accident Report

I don’t know if anyone else posted this already. Very interesting…

www.mouseplanet.com/btmrr_accident/BTMRRReport3.pdf

Wow, very interesting. I will continue to read the rest later this evening/afternoon when I get home from school. :slight_smile:

So, it was human error and Disney has installed an additional backup safety mechanism.

No one was seriously hurt, so I guess all’s well that ends well.

Interesting, I hope they have corrected this and all operators are properly trained now.

But that’s just the point.

Everything WAS operating properly and the CM that goofed WAS properly trained. He simply either forgot or ignored procedure because he was new. This was only his third day on the job. Nobody’s perfect. We all make mistakes. No one was seriously hurt.

The one change they made was to install an additional safety mechanism that will prevent a train from entering the station while there is a train already there in the event that procedures aren’t followed. In other words, this extra safety feature should never have to be used.

The CM in question will be retrained.

I’m perfectly comfortable with what happened and I’m more than satisfied with how all parties have responded.

I agree with Matt.

I also agree. I work in the Quality field and we speak of these types of issues every day. What needs to be done is to make the system “robust” and not simply dependent on the operator being a bright guy.

I agree with Matt too, Well said Matt. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: