Buffets

I am going thru my trip plans and was going thru the list of many places to eat around the world . i am on the quick service plan but I am planning on a sit down meal which will be out pocket. so i have chosen Boma . a i was sitting here thinking about it a ? popped in to my head .

Has anyone ever snuck any food out of the buffets such as the zebra domes or the many other wonderful pastrys ?:ohmy::ohmy:

Not that i have ever done this but a fun question .:laugh::laugh:

:excl: Uh-oh, this could easily turn into a heated debate! :eek:

Technically, it is not allowed, and MB does not promote breaking the rules… :closedeye

Maybe just a cookie or two… :ph34r:

OK - I’d never take an ENTIRE meal out of the restaurant. But if I chose - say - two desserts and could only eat one - then I wouldn’t hesitate to take the other one with me. At Biergarten I’m addicted to these shortbread cookies with raspberry jam and almonds. And yes - I do take an extra for the road.:redface:
I think it is acceptable for you to take an extra zebra dome.

A cookie or two for the road is one thing. The time I tried to fit the whole skewer from 'Ohana in dw’s purse they got a little upset. :laugh:

I clearly have no scruples because I think it’s mostly wrong to take food… but I also take cookies.

But that’s only because I’m a cookie addict and can’t help myself. :ninja:

I also justify it… which does not make it right, but there it is… by the fact that I know I’m eating a LOT less than most of the people I see at the buffet.

Common trend = MBers have a soft spot for cookies and other small, tasty treats! :laugh:

If a cookie or two falls into my purse then I’m not exactly going to take them back! Just because I couldn’t finish them at the tables doesn’t mean I wont devour them a few hours later.

I remember one year in DLP, we had a brekfast buffet every morning in the Hotel New York. There was a family there who used to sit making cheese and ham croissants, wrapping them in napkins and bagging them up, and I don’t mean one or two and they wern’t exactly very discreet about it! Have to admit, when it got to around lunch time, those croissants seemed like a good idea but there is no way I could be so brazen about it!

I think I agree with a cookie or even a piece of fruit if I had my grandkids with us. I’m usually too stuffed to even think about food for hours on end.

I remember a thread like this a few yrs ago. If I remember correctly someone (won’t mention any names, but rhymes with toss louse :whistling:whistling) led you to believe that leaving Ohana with a mug full of shrimp was perfectly acceptable.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1070214]I think I agree with a cookie or even a piece of fruit if I had my grandkids with us. I’m usually too stuffed to even think about food for hours on end.

I remember a thread like this a few yrs ago. If I remember correctly someone (won’t mention any names, but rhymes with toss louse :whistling:whistling) led you to believe that leaving Ohana with a mug full of shrimp was perfectly acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Me too, I am so stuffed after a buffet I dont even want to look at food for hours- I think maybe once we snuck a muffin out, and then after hours of being in a hot bag it didn’t look too appealing and into the bin it went:ohmy:
But I have seen major sandwich makers hauling food out of buffets!
I think the odd cookie is ok or a little fruit, but sandwiches for the parks?:laugh:

If we have a late dinner I’ve been known to snag a banana for breakfast for the kids in the morning:blush:

If I took a dessert and then could not eat it then I would take it with me, it’s not like they can put it back on the buffet once it was taken off the line.

WWWWoooooooWWWW :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never taken food, not even a cookie. However, beverages (esp the adult kind) have followed me out the door on several occasions :ph34r:

I think a piece of fruit or two is fine for your kids.
It gets dicey when you start talking left overs.
I can’t think of a time that we’ve taken away food.

BTW the skewer thing was a joke. :laugh: Just want to make sure no one thinks I am a thief.

I knew that. If it wasn’t a joke, I’d like to see that purse. :laugh:

I agree! I hate to see it go to waste - sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach LOL! :blink:

Because I suffer from the same giant eyes, I usually end up taking about 6 trips to the buffet taking a little at a time. Sometimes I wonder if the server thinks I’m sneaking food out since I use so many plates. My DH on the other hand has the talent of building a skyscraper out of crab legs, mussels and string beans, so he’ll use about 2 plates total while I’m running back and forth getting one thing at a time.

We were just arranging my wife’s suitcase . . . I mean purse for this trip. I think we can fit a roasted pig in this one. :eek:

I’ve never taken food from a buffet but if I went to one at AKL, I could be ok with taking a Zebra Dome. YUM. :wub: I’ve never been to a buffet that had any food that was worth taking.