Buh-Bye Nescafe!

Hi All!

Just returned from an 8 day WDW vacation. Will get you guys a quick trip report later.

One GREAT thing I noticed at our resort (Polynesian) was that the Nescafe coffee is GONE! Went down to Captain Cooks the first day (June 9) and it was Nescafe (yuck!). But the next morning, the Nescafe dispensers were gone and were replaced by generic coffee dispensers. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS coffee! Not Starbucks, I believe. Some independent coffee guy was there making sure the transition was going smoothly. I used my refill mug (free) instead of buying coffee at the coffee stand on the 2nd floor by Kona Cafe. Was excited not to have to use a meal plan snack credit for my morning coffee.

I’m assuming this will roll out to all resorts? Hope so as I know a lot of folks HATE Nescafe. Lousy coffee has always been my only gripe about WDW!

Maybe this is one perk to having Starbucks at the parks now.

BTW, I too saw the soft opening of Starbucks on Main Street on Saturday. I thought the signage outside the bakery was tasteful. Saw the VIPs holding their Starbucks cups. They looked like regular Starbucks cups but with some colorful Mickeys on them. Of course, I wasn’t VIP so I didn’t get inside the bakery.

I am probably in the minority, but I’m not upset about Starbucks being in the parks. I look at it as being similar to the Coca-Cola sponsorship of the cooling stations. And, heck, I saw Chiquita banana signs at Typhoon Lagoon Crushin Gusher ride.

Guess I’m just excited to get a decent cup of coffee at the resorts now!

[QUOTE=Duchess;1134918]Hi All!

I am probably in the minority, but I’m not upset about Starbucks being in the parks. I look at it as being similar to the Coca-Cola sponsorship of the cooling stations. And, heck, I saw Chiquita banana signs at Typhoon Lagoon Crushin Gusher ride.

Guess I’m just excited to get a decent cup of coffee at the resorts now![/QUOTE]

That’s an interesting - and valid - point that you make. None of us get upset about coca-cola - in fact we’d probably get upset it wasn’t readily available; and who can get mad at a Chiquita Banana?:happy: I guess it’s just the connotations of “Starbucks”. The yuppie image it evokes. If it was in Epcot I don’t think it would bother me, but Main Street is sort of sacrosanct. But, then, come to think of it, Coke has been around for a very long time (definitely in Walt’s era) and so have bananas…so many points of view! Coffee isn’t very important to me, but I’m glad it’s improved for coffee lovers! Can’t wait to read your report!

…as long as it’s not a strong Starbucks or Seattle’s own or some such crazy bold coffee blend I am ok with the change at the resorts. I hope they reveal what company and what the blend is so i will know whether to take a mild instant coffee with me next time…either that or I will be at the very least diluting it with a swoosh of coffee than all cream!!! uggg… (I hate instant coffee but it’s better than the bold bitter coffee house stuff for me…)

Thanks for the info…and look forward to a trip report…

I just noticed this is under the Disneyland forum…but since we were discussing coffee…I’ll post this here anyway…

Joffrey coffee…never heard of it…

Joffrey’s Coffee to replace Nescafe Coffee throughout Disney’s Domestic Parks and Resorts

Not sure I am a fan of this change but we shall see when I get to try it in August. I wonder if it changed on the cruise ships as well?