Bus routes

I’m trying to find the quickest way to get from HS to DTD and from AK to DTD. I know I can take a bus back to our resort (POP) and then get on a bus to DTD. What I’m wondering is if instead of going back to POP I should go to a resort that is closer to DTD and switch busses there. Does that make any sense?:confused:

It’s not like we need to stop “home” to let the dog out, and If I can spend 20 less minutes getting to my destination that would be great. Any ideas?

There may be bus direct to DTD from the parks. I think so but…

Closest resort to DTD is SSR and OKW. Boat ride from there to DTD or walk from SSR.

Try the transportation wizard at www.ourlaughingplace.com . I found it really helpful!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1063396]There may be bus direct to DTD from the parks. I think so but…

Closest resort to DTD is SSR and OKW. Boat ride from there to DTD or walk from SSR.[/QUOTE]

That would be even better if there was a direct route. I never even thought of that

Thanks I used this a few years ago on my first trip but couldn’t remember the website. Both show that going to SS is the quickest way to get to DTD. Thanks!

I use a chart from the unofficial guide and it shows there is a direct bus available from both parks to DDT.

REALLY??? That would be even better!! Thanks for the info!

I too am thinking that there are busses that run directly to DTD from the parks. If not, it is a short bus ride from SSR. We just returned from a stay at SS (this week) and the ride is nice and it is short. You will want to get off of the bus at The Springs stop. Go into the Artists Pallette and out the back of the building. This will lead you right to the boat launch.

Very specific instructions! That appeals to my type “A” personality!! Thanks again

Hmm…I thought just the opposite. I really thought the buses from DTD only went to resorts and TTC but not the parks. That’s why some park at DTD and catch a bus to Contemporary and had to walk.

Another boat ride is from POR.

I know for a fact that at AK there is a platform that will take you to the other parks and to DTD. I’m not sure about HS thought. Also from HS you could walk to the swam or dolphin and get on a DTD bus from there.

As an over planner myself, I figure there is no such thing as too much information! :laugh:

I thought they didn’t have a bus from the park to DTD because it would be too easy for people to park for free at DTD and take a bus to the parks. I know when we have tried before to go to DTD from the parks, we usually catch the first bus to a resort and then switch to a DTD bus.

Umm, no.
There has never been direct service between parks and DTD for at least the last 10 years and the reason is they don’t want guests parking at DTD for free.

From AK, I’d probably go to CBR and change to a DTD bus.
From DHS, I’d either go again to CBR and change unless I was up for a walk to the Boardwalk or the slow boat to the first stop and grab a bus.

The reason I say Boardwalk is that the walkway from DHS connects to the Boardwalk because there is no walkway that extends from the DHS boat landing to the Swan.
The only reason SSR might be better would be that it seems all buses to DTD go past OKW and SSR before heading first to the Marketplace bus station and then the Pleasure Island bus station.
But I don’t see any real difference in your total time on a bus. It may be a shorter ride to DTD from SSR, but the total mileage and travel time will be the same from CBR.

By the way, if you need to go to DTD from Epcot, walk out to the Beach.
From the MK, walk over to the Contemporary or take a monorail to the Contemporary or Poly.

From AK, we took the bus to AKL because it was the closest resort and caught the next bus to DTD.
Can’t help you with the other one though :slight_smile:

thanks again. I didn’t think their was a direct route, but one can hope:) I’m thinking it would be nice to spend a few hours in the evening at DTD so the kids can enjoy Disneyquest.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1063420]I use a chart from the unofficial guide and it shows there is a direct bus available from both parks to DDT.[/QUOTE]Wow, it must be an outdated edition, because since at least 2005 when I started going, there has been NO Disney Transport bus between any of the parks and Downtown Disney.

Absolutely untrue … the DTD part, that is.

There is NO bus service between any of the theme parks and DTD. And while we’re at it, there is no bus service between the TTC and DTD.

I’m not an expert in many things in this world, but one of them is Walt Disney World trasnsportation. I promise you, you are mistaken about seeing a bus stop at Animal Kingdom for Downtown Disney. The other parks, yes. There is a bus directly linking AK and Epcot. There is a bus directly linking AK and DHS. And there is a bus from AK directly to the TTC, and from there you have to take a ferry or monorail to Magic Kingdom … there is no direct bus from AK to Magic Kingdom.

Trust me, I have very very close attention to detail, and I study this stuff … no bus from AK to DTD, no question about it.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1063704]Absolutely untrue … the DTD part, that is.

There is NO bus service between any of the theme parks and DTD. And while we’re at it, there is no bus service between the TTC and DTD.

I’m not an expert in many things in this world, but one of them is Walt Disney World trasnsportation. I promise you, you are mistaken about seeing a bus stop at Animal Kingdom for Downtown Disney. The other parks, yes. There is a bus directly linking AK and Epcot. There is a bus directly linking AK and DHS. And there is a bus from AK directly to the TTC, and from there you have to take a ferry or monorail to Magic Kingdom … there is no direct bus from AK to Magic Kingdom.

Trust me, I have very very close attention to detail, and I study this stuff … no bus from AK to DTD, no question about it.[/QUOTE]

And to top it off, there’s nothing here I can dispute.