Bus service @ CBR

Can someone tell me about the bus service @ CBR.
Like how many other resorts share this bus service and which ones?

I have always rented a car and will be renting a car on this trip as well but would like to get some info if I decide I want to take the bus, like to Epcot for the food & WINE festival!! :happy::laugh:

Thanks!:happy:

CBR, doesn’t share buses. It’s already bad enough with 4 stops inside the CBR grounds.

I stayed at CBR years ago and while I loved the resort, I did not like the bus system at all. While it does not share buses with another resort, you often lose time because it has to make many stops around the resort picking up other park goers. If you are on the first stop you have to drive all around to pick up the others and if you are on the later stops the bus may be full and you have to stand. Like I said, this was years ago so maybe they have become more efficient since then.

CBR doesn’t share, but they have 4 or 5 stops within the resort itself. DD’s friend Brian was there the week we were and his family ended up renting a car because it was easier on Grandmom. Those buses got to full to quick and she ended up standing more than not not to mention that they complained how slow they were. I didn’t stay there and have never stayed there, so I have no personal experience with it. I am only going from DD’s friend’s experience.

I’ve never stayed a the CBR but I wanted to. It was a toss up between that resort (to save money) or the Polynesian. I ended up choosing the Poly because I read so many bad things about the bus service at the CBR. I even sent questions into the Disney mom panel. They said they always rent a car when staying at the CBR because the wait for the bus within that large resort is horrible and wastes too much time.

The one time we stayed at CBR, it was in a “non-busy” time of year, so the bus didn’t fill up as it went from stop to stop, so every time we took the bus, it stopped at 6 bus stops. That got old very fast, and we will probably not stay there again only for that reason, which is a shame because it is such a beautiful resort.

Stayed there last January and the bus never got full. Got old going to all the stops but most of them were empty and we just stopped for a second and left.

We have stayed Caribbean Beach twice, we stay on the Jamiaca and Aruba side, and our bus service was great. Caribbean Beach is a big resort so they have no need to share bus services with any of the other resorts!

If you stay in the Jamaica and Aruba area you will be the first stop picked up and the first stop dropped off! We’ve stayed at CBR twice and never had a problem with the busses. We just allowed the extra time for the multiple stops.

I stayed at CBR the week between Christmas and New Years of 2007 and I didnt think the bus service was bad at all. Put in a building request to be in Aruba or Jamaica and you will be close to the pool, foodcourt etc. AND you will be the first stop. Bottom line, yes the busses get croweded and there are intraresort stops, but it is still faster than driving to almost anywhere!

We stayed there a few years back. We found the bus service to be fine. No over crowding. I can’t recall long bus waits or frequent stops. I wouldn’t mind staying there again.

Park buses at CBR make SEVEN stops … one at each of the six villages, plus one at Old Port Royale.

There’s no such thing as a village that is ALWAYS the first stop on the route.

Buses to/from Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios start at Jamaica and from there go to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and finally Trinidad South before heading to their destination.

Buses to/from Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney start at Martinique and from there go to OPR, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and finally Barbados before heading to their destination.

Wow!!! I had no idea or thought about them not sharing w/other resorts because CBR is so big in itself! WOW!:ohmy: But now Iam glad they don’t! :laugh:

First week of Nov. won’t be too crazy but it is a busy time with all us Jersey Folk there! :laugh:

I hate the busses but if I have a few glasses of wine @ F&W @ Epcot, I dont want to worry about driving to/from the park. Otherwise, I prefer driving, that’s why I always rent. :happy:

I planned on requesting a room in Martinique, I seem to like it better there best. We stayed in bldg 21 in 2004 and would like to stay in Martinique again, closer to OPR.
Aruba and Jamaica are across the bay and seem too far away for me! :blush:

Thank you EVERYONE for your help and responses!!! :happy:

[QUOTE=Val32;888740] I planned on requesting a room in Martinique, I seem to like it better there best. We stayed in bldg 21 in 2004 and would like to stay in Martinique again, closer to OPR.
Aruba and Jamaica are across the bay and seem too far away for me! :blush:
[/QUOTE]
I used my favorite runner’s website to look at the distances. From Martinique 21 to the main entrance of Old Port Royale is 0.25 miles. From Jamaica 45 to the main entrance of Old Port Royale is 0.19 miles.

well have a great trip and have fun and stay safe:heart:

Well Iam not looking to stay in bldg 21, that is just the bldg I got when I stayed there the last time in 2004.
Iam looking for bldg 26! :happy:

But thanks for the info! :happy:

Why thank you! :happy:

[QUOTE=Val32;888839]Well Iam not looking to stay in bldg 21, that is just the bldg I got when I stayed there the last time in 2004.
Iam looking for bldg 26! :happy:

But thanks for the info! :happy:[/QUOTE]Please forgive me if you already know this …

Martinique 26 is a “preferred location” building, meaning that you’d need to reserve (not just request) that room category and pay extra per night for it.

At CBR, the preferred location buildings are Martinique 24-25-26 and Trinidad North 31-32-33.

We stayed at CBR and thought the busses were ALOT slower than the Value’s that share a bus. Our waits were really long at the resort and leaving the parks. We had to wait for around 15 min at the least. One was almost 40 minutes. We finally called and one showed up a couple of minutes later. Maybe they had less busses running but it was also Marathon weekend so that could have had an impact. At ASM, we always had a bus within a few minutes of arriving at the stop. Our longest wait there has been around 10-15 minutes. Good timing? Maybe.

We stayed at CBR (Jamaica) in May many years ago, and there was never an issue with bus stops, bus crowds, bus schedules, NOTHING! It was smooth as glass with plenty of bus service to and from anywhere we wanted to go.