Bus stops to POFQ

The bus stops for POP are just about the LAST stop from the parks (I think it is 1.5 miles from POP bus stop to the gates to the MK. HS is the only close one for POP.

This is our first trip staying at POFQ. How are the bus stops for it. Are they far to the parks too?

[QUOTE=sue299;980195]The bus stops for POP are just about the LAST stop from the parks (I think it is 1.5 miles from POP bus stop to the gates to the MK. HS is the only close one for POP.

This is our first trip staying at POFQ. How are the bus stops for it. Are they far to the parks too?[/QUOTE]

You know, the bus rides are never too long for us. When staying at POR or POFQ, it takes maybe 10-15 minutes to the parks. We always have way too much fun on the bus to pay attention though

We didn’t think the walks were long at all. Keep in mind, the bus stops are in a different order at all the parks.

This thread should live in one of the main forums, either theme parks or resorts.

POR and POFQ share buses most of the time. This means that unlike Pop, you’re going to have to deal with a 5 stop loop on your way to parks, or the full 5 stop loop on your way back from DTD. POR has 4 stops, like CBR and CSR, or for that matter, OKW and SSR. French Quarter, being much smaller, has only one at the main building. Many times though, POFQ will have its own bus to MK, so that’s only going to be one stop.

I know years ago the POFQ and POR resorts always shared their bus system, but over the last 4-5 years that we have stayed there we have always had exclusive buses for each resort. The POFQ has one bus stop at the resort.

As far as bus stop locations at each park…I have found no rhyme or reason to the layout. (I’m sure there is one, I just haven’t discovered it yet). I don’t remember any bus stop for POFQ being particularly far away from any park gates. However, this year while staying at CBR I did notice that the Epcot bus stop was very far away and difficult to find the first time that we went looking for it. That is really the only bus stop that I ever remember thinking…where on earth are we going to find this stop?:pirate:

I was wondering - not the bus times/loop - about the stops from the parks.

It just seems the values are all so far away (which is justly so I guess). You pay for a higher resort, you should have some benefits.

There isn’t! If there was the closest stop to the gates would be GF, and then go in descending order in relation to how much each resort costs with the All Stars and Pop being farthest. Also, this would not be in strict numerical order especially at the MK.
When we stayed at POFQ over Labor Day weekend 2007, all buses were shared with POR except MK. And Labor Day is a fairly crowded time in WDW.
On the other hand, we stayed at POR over New Year’s one year and of course, we didn’t share any buses with POFQ, but that was to be expected.
On any given day, I’ve also seen buses marked just Port Orleans and also buses marked Riverside or French Quarter, depending upon time of day.

We’ve stayed at POFQ several times, and we’ve found that POFQ typically has its own bus and rarely stopped at POR. Being a teacher, we do typically go at busier times of the year, though. They might share buses more during slow times when we aren’t able to travel.

Oh duh, I completely misread Sue’s question. I am a Dork :redface:

[QUOTE=sue299;980233]I was wondering - not the bus times/loop - about the stops from the parks.

It just seems the values are all so far away (which is justly so I guess). You pay for a higher resort, you should have some benefits.[/QUOTE]

Hehee, they are almost always at the end of the line. I know at MK & AK, they are.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;980229]This thread should live in one of the main forums, either theme parks or resorts.

POR and POFQ share buses most of the time. This means that unlike Pop, you’re going to have to deal with a 5 stop loop on your way to parks, or the full 5 stop loop on your way back from DTD. POR has 4 stops, like CBR and CSR, or for that matter, OKW and SSR. French Quarter, being much smaller, has only one at the main building. Many times though, POFQ will have its own bus to MK, so that’s only going to be one stop.[/QUOTE]

I found this only to be true during certain times of the day. Early in the morning, no shared bus with POR. Late at night, no shared buses. Mid day, however, yes, the buses are shared.

No your just Dopey:laugh::laugh::laugh:

heehee :whistling