Busch Gardens and Sea World

I’m curious of any personal thoughts or opinions on Busch Gardens and Sea World Orlando. We found a pretty good deal on tickets that include both parks and I know nothing about either park! :ohmy:

We will staying at Old Key west over spring break this year and won’t be doing disney parks this time :eek: DSis and her family will be doing Universal but I can get a 14 day tix to BG/SW for the same price as a 1 day ticket at Universal.

We have a Sea World near us in San Antonio - if you’ve been to both - comparisions would be appreciated too!! :cool:

Thanks guys,
Heather

Heather, i’ve been to both Sea World’s and i prefer the one in S.A. much better. Not sure if it’s actually cleaner in S.A. or just appears that way because it’s newer, but it’s definitly bigger and more spread out than the one in Orlando. It sounds like a really good deal but I just don’t know if I could be that close to Disney and not go at least 1 day :wacko:

I have been to Sea World once in Orlando and I liked it. I plan on going back this year to see the changes. I have been to Busch Gardens pleny of imes in VA and I liked that too.

We always go to Sea World in Orlando every trip. Its a beautiful ‘easy’ park, that can easily be done in more or less a day. Can’t comment on Busch Gardens as we’ve never been, but I know people who have and have heard good things about there too.

We took our daughter for her third bday, she absolulty loved it. I had not been in 25 years so it was all very new to me too. You can definitly do the entire park and shows in one day. P.s. I got to see Jack Hanna in person, as I am a nature lover this was so neat to see him do his show live. The park has something for everyone and the shows are spectacular.

Christina

Both parks are well worth the trip.

been to sea world orlando and san antonio. i like orlando better personally. the rides are better, the shows are better and i think the overall park is nicer. and the kids area in orlando is nicer, but i am guess when we went to the one here in september they had closed most of the kids park off. i would definitely go to sea world orlando. i never got to go to busch gardens but i heard nothing but great things!

We went to Sea World a couple of years ago and while it was OK we decided we will not return. We finished it in less than a day and the kids were bored. If you like sea life and constant reminders that we are killing the earth you may like it better than we did but it was just not our cup of tea. Obviously we are in the minority on this one but that is just my two cents.

We love Sea World (I’ve only been to the one in Orlando). We try to visit at least every second trip. We love the slower pace, the wonderful animals and the shows. (I’ve seen it at leat 10 times, but I still laugh at the corny jokes in the Clyde & Seymour Show). The Pets on Parade Show is so sweet, using animals rescued from shelters. The park is so beautifully landscaped. And the food is much better than WDW - especially the chocolate cake.:wub:

We also like Busch Gardens - haven’t been there too many times, but if you enjoy animals, it’s a terrific park. I’m not a rollercoaster person, but it probably has one to suit every taste. (and it has the same chocolate cake as Sea World).

I think they’re both worth visiting.

[QUOTE=llama;1062182]We love Sea World (I’ve only been to the one in Orlando). We try to visit at least every second trip. We love the slower pace, the wonderful animals and the shows. (I’ve seen it at leat 10 times, but I still laugh at the corny jokes in the Clyde & Seymour Show). The Pets on Parade Show is so sweet, using animals rescued from shelters. The park is so beautifully landscaped. And the food is much better than WDW - especially the chocolate cake.:wub:

We also like Busch Gardens - haven’t been there too many times, but if you enjoy animals, it’s a terrific park. I’m not a rollercoaster person, but it probably has one to suit every taste. (and it has the same chocolate cake as Sea World).

I think they’re both worth visiting.[/QUOTE]

Oh my I forgot about the food! It is sooooo good there, knocks WDW food into a cocked hat!:laugh:

Been to SW and loved it. Have not been to BG-Orlando but have been to BG-Williamsburg which we enjoyed. Loads of coasters.

SW could be done in a day or two and BG probably the same. Are you able to exchange your 14 day pass to BG-San Antonio. You might wind up getting sick of the parks after a few days. Or did I read your post wrong. Does it include Universal too??

Most everyone I know (excluding myself of course) would take Busch Gardens over Animal Kingdom anyday. Many animal exhibits, train rides with animal viewing & such… If you or anyone you are traveling with REALLY enjoy roller coasters, then this park is for YOU. They also cater to the little ones as well.

I live 20 minutes from the park but I have to admit, I haven’t been there in at least 3 years. Granted, I’ve been to Busch Gardens well over 100 times in my life so I’m pretty bored with it… All in all, we always prefer to spend the day at Disney but if you’ve never been, you’ll most likely enjoy it very much.

Also, it will be about an hour drive or so (depending on traffic) from Old Key West.

[QUOTE=BDavis932;1062142]I’m curious of any personal thoughts or opinions on Busch Gardens and Sea World Orlando. We found a pretty good deal on tickets that include both parks and I know nothing about either park! :ohmy:

We will staying at Old Key west over spring break this year and won’t be doing disney parks this time :eek: DSis and her family will be doing Universal but I can get a 14 day tix to BG/SW for the same price as a 1 day ticket at Universal.

We have a Sea World near us in San Antonio - if you’ve been to both - comparisions would be appreciated too!! :cool:
[/QUOTE]

The biggest difference between the two Sea Worlds would be the coasters. SA has Great White which is actually a standard “Batman” although it’s years older than SFFT’s Goliath which used to be SFNO’s Batman before Katrina destroyed that park. This makes San Antonio the only city in the world to have two Batman inverted coasters. They also have Journey to Atlantis, which is also in the Orlando park (and similar to a ride in BGWilliamsburg), Steel Eel which is a 150 foot tall non looping coaster and the Shamu Express kiddie coaster. In Orlando they have Kracken, a major scream machine which was the tallest coaster in Orlando until 2009 and Manta, a flying coaster where, well, your belly is facing the ground plus a Shamu Express and a Journey to Atlantis. The shows and everything else are going to be about the same.
Busch Gardens Tampa was the original animal kingdom. There is a collection of world class coasters there as well as many other thrill rides, family rides, and shows. Depending on how you grade things, BGT is pretty much on par with any Disney park and a lot more adrenaline pumping.

Do some more checking into Universal, but whatever you do, you need to get yourself a 2 day/2 park ticket because after all, there are two parks and you might want to hop if you’ve gotten everything done in one.
And then there’s Harry Potter Land, which really doesn’t have much new other than the environment, the Harry Potter Flight ride and the castle walkthrough. The Dueling Dragons Coaster and the Flying Unicorn have been annexed from The Lost Continent’s Merlinwood area and renamed but otherwise are unchanged (well Flying Unicorn’s trains have been modified but the track is the same). But be prepared for extra long waits (think as bad or worse than Midway Mania) on the Harry Potter’s Flight ride as there’s no fast pass, but there is a single rider line.
And if you want to talk dining, this area also houses Mythos, which is the multiple winner of Theme Park Insider’s best restaurant award (not that we’ve eaten there).

[QUOTE=hiner;1062185]Been to SW and loved it. Have not been to BG-Orlando but have been to BG-Williamsburg which we enjoyed. Loads of coasters.

SW could be done in a day or two and BG probably the same. Are you able to exchange your 14 day pass to BG-San Antonio. You might wind up getting sick of the parks after a few days. Or did I read your post wrong. Does it include Universal too??[/QUOTE]

Both parks can be done in a day easily, unless you absolutely MUST do all the shows. I honestly don’t know that I’d want to do each of these parks two days in a row although we have done Sea World twice in 7 days (mostly because their standard ticket is second day free within 7 days). Also, you really have to consider the 150 mile round trip from WDW to BGT if you’re planning to do two days.

This past year we did an Orlando vacation, or what I called An-Everything_But-Disney trip. we went to Sea World, Busch Gardens Tampa, Universal and Wet n’ wild. Busch Gardens was BY FAR our favorite park of the trip and even endured the drive in the pouring rain on two separate days to enjoy the park. It was beautiful and a lot of fun!

Sea World was interesting, but we only did the rides. We didn’t see any of the shows. If your ticket package was anything like the one I got, it is well worth the money!

We went to Sea World when we were in Orlando 2 years ago and I was less than impressed. Everything was very far apart which meant lots of walking to get to see one thing and then another long walk to see something else. My son wanted to see the whales, however the stadium was full well before the show started so we couldn’t get seats. Overall, we didn’t think it was worth what they charge to get in.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, then a visit to Universal is well worth it. They’ve done a wonderful job - BUT you have to know your Harry Potter to really appreciate it. We were then last September. We got there at opening and were able to do The Forbidden Journey twice in a row, no waiting. It is a wild ride! Like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. A lot of the charm of the land is seeing Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. They did an excellent job recreating them. If you’re lucky, like my dd was, Mr. Ollivander himself will choose a wand for you at Ollivander’s Wands. Hogwarts is perfect, right down to the greenhouses, with baby mandrakes growing. The Hogwarts Choir entertains on the street (complete with toads). It is just SO much fun! And don’t forget to get your butterbeer.

Never been to BG and only been to SW in Orlando and only once. I enjoyed all the Day shows (could have totally skipped the Night shows). Pets Ahoy was my favorite, and I love the Sea Lions too. We went July 5th and their online calendar was not accurate at all, but we were able to get to each show with time to spare without back-tracking, and even had time to eat lunch. The food was more expensive than WDW but definitely had more of a selection. We even had time to ride the Arctic which I did not enjoy at all, but my family did. There’s no way I would ever ride The Manta and with only having one day, we wouldn’t have time anyway if we wanted to watch all the shows. It’s definitely worth going once a year, wouldn’t buy an AP or anything. We got lucky on the weather that day, cloudy and cool, barely even sprinkled.

At that time, we lived 3 hours away and got up early to drive to the park that day. We stayed overnight but didn’t check into the hotel until 10pm. We skipped the fireworks so we could beat the crowd. During our WDW trip, we had the pleasure of exiting MK with the entire park, no fun.

If you get to SeaWorld early and follow their map, you will be able to time the shows and they flow easily into one another. We do the shows in the morning and then spend the afternoon just wandering around and enjoying all the exhibits. There is not enough money in the world to get me on Kracken. If you plan on doing Journey to Atlantis, save it for the end of the day because you will get SOAKED.