Busch Gardens/Tampa

Does Busch Gardens count for this forum even though it isn’t Orlando?

I just thought I’d post this as a ridiculous thought for the day.

This summer my family went on a Busch Gardens/Seaworld vacation. It was our first visit to Busch Gardens. I have two sons, 12 and 10. We were leaving a restaurant and I told my 12 year old to go in a gift shop (the one where the Cheetah roller coaster lets out) and ask for a bag and we would start walking around the side of the building by the actual cheetahs. When he looked around the corner of the building he did not see us as we had stepped into a covered viewing area. Rather than look for us he did what we have always told him to do if separated and went back to the last known location to wait for us. At the gift shop he asked to use a phone to call me. The cashier asked if it was a local phone number and refused when he said no. Then, instead of calling to guest relations to have them call my cell phone or at least let them know he was there in case we had already started a search, she tells my son,

[B][U]“Why don’t you go out to the parking lot to see if you can find them there?”[/U][/B]

My son was like, “No, I’ll just wait here.” We walked back around to him when he didn’t catch right up with us and he was standing by the front of the shop waiting for us. We didn’t know it happened until he mentioned it later when we were leaving the park. I stopped at guest relations and told them I thought that was a crazy procedure to tell kids to go look in a parking lot for parents when they were separated. They gave us some ride passes and apologized but I was just shocked.

Oh, our family’s thoughts on Busch Gardens is it is great if you like roller coasters but otherwise it is not worth it.

-Janice

[QUOTE=Janice419;1139204]Does Busch Gardens count for this forum even though it isn’t Orlando?

I just thought I’d post this as a ridiculous thought for the day.

This summer my family went on a Busch Gardens/Seaworld vacation. It was our first visit to Busch Gardens. I have two sons, 12 and 10. We were leaving a restaurant and I told my 12 year old to go in a gift shop (the one where the Cheetah roller coaster lets out) and ask for a bag and we would start walking around the side of the building by the actual cheetahs. When he looked around the corner of the building he did not see us as we had stepped into a covered viewing area. Rather than look for us he did what we have always told him to do if separated and went back to the last known location to wait for us. At the gift shop he asked to use a phone to call me. The cashier asked if it was a local phone number and refused when he said no. Then, instead of calling to guest relations to have them call my cell phone or at least let them know he was there in case we had already started a search, she tells my son,

“Why don’t you go out to the parking lot to see if you can find them there?”

My son was like, “No, I’ll just wait here.” We walked back around to him when he didn’t catch right up with us and he was standing by the front of the shop waiting for us. We didn’t know it happened until he mentioned it later when we were leaving the park. I stopped at guest relations and told them I thought that was a crazy procedure to tell kids to go look in a parking lot for parents when they were separated. They gave us some ride passes and apologized but I was just shocked.

Oh, our family’s thoughts on Busch Gardens is it is great if you like roller coasters but otherwise it is not worth it.

-Janice[/QUOTE]

That’s a terrible thing for them to have told your son! I’m glad he knew better than to follow her suggestion!!

I have never been to B.G. Tampa but have been to B.G. Williamsburg Va several times. We love it…it is not Disney…that’s for sure. It’s an amusement park with lots of rides—but it also has lots of shows and fun things to do. The shows were good, and so was the food. The games were fun…we don’t even ride that many rides there actually. But it definitely is not Disney! :slight_smile:

BG counts because it’s Central Florida and only about 65 miles away.

As for this incident, it’s just shameful.
I can’t explain why that employee was so utterly clueless and lacking tact and common sense.
The response about going out to the parking lot and looking for them is inexcusable.
I don’t know why that person didn’t call a supervisor, security, or guest relations.