Buttons from Guest Relations

So, what kind of buttons do they have at Guest Relations? I know they have birthday and honeymoon ones. Are those the only ones?

I’m assuming they don’t check ID for birthday buttons, right? :laugh:

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;935187]So, what kind of buttons do they have at Guest Relations? I know they have birthday and honeymoon ones. Are those the only ones?

I’m assuming they don’t check ID for birthday buttons, right? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

No ID necessary. I have seen Birthday, Anniversary, and First Visit but I know there are more.

Anniversary and first visit immediately come to mind.

We celebrated my DDs birthday even though it was a few weeks late at WDW last year and when I called the CM told me to be sure to get the button, she said if your celebrating it then we are too.

I got an “Honorary Citizen of WDW” button. :happy:
It’s purple and has what kind of looks like a key to the city on it.

DD and her fiance got “Just Engaged”!

Oh good, I didn’t know they had anniversary buttons! We are totally getting those! :tongue:

We have some new ones for the “What are you celebrating?” campaign.
Happy Birthday
Anniversary
Happily Ever After
Just Engaged
Just Married
Family Reunion
I’m Celebrating
All of them can be customized with a permanent marker because the they have a space to fill in what you are celebrating.
There is also a new button cart that is out in front of City Hall at MK. The cart is out everyday till noon. You can pick up a free button there.

[QUOTE=vlogilvie;935302]We have some new ones for the “What are you celebrating?” campaign.
Happy Birthday
Anniversary
Happily Ever After
Just Engaged
Just Married
Family Reunion
I’m Celebrating
All of them can be customized with a permanent marker because the they have a space to fill in what you are celebrating.
There is also a new button cart that is out in front of City Hall at MK. The cart is out everyday till noon. You can pick up a free button there.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info Val! :happy:

[QUOTE=timkelmom;935190]No ID necessary.
[/QUOTE]

I was there for my bday at the beginning of the month. I DID need to show ID, but I assume that was for my bday giftcard, not the pin. :laugh:

[QUOTE=vlogilvie;935302]
There is also a new button cart that is out in front of City Hall at MK. The cart is out everyday till noon. You can pick up a free button there.[/QUOTE]

Wow, think about what a great promotion this is! Encouraging all that celebrating is so cheerful! I love this!

I was surprised the first and only time I asked for a Birthday pin at DHS, and they didn’t need any ID…I was like ‘really? so I could ask for a birthday pin and lie a few months frolm now?’ :laugh:

I wouldn’t, really! But it just seemed funny to me.

Thanks for posting this question…My son is graduationg high school-I wonder if they have a GRADUATE button.

[QUOTE=vlogilvie;935302]We have some new ones for the “What are you celebrating?” campaign.
Happy Birthday
Anniversary
Happily Ever After
Just Engaged
Just Married
Family Reunion
I’m Celebrating

Yay, thanks for the tip! We have 4 first timers, 1 birthday, and an anniversary going on in May, within our big group, so we are lumping them all together and celebrating in WDW. Gotta remember to pick up those buttons!

[QUOTE=Screever;935361]I was surprised the first and only time I asked for a Birthday pin at DHS, and they didn’t need any ID…I was like ‘really? so I could ask for a birthday pin and lie a few months frolm now?’ :laugh:

I wouldn’t, really! But it just seemed funny to me.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: It’s because a lot of people celebrate their birthdays in WDW, on dates other than their actual birthday. I’m sure they’d make some people pretty mad if they refused to give them a birthday button!

I wore a first-timer button last time…which was a lie. :laugh: But I was trying to make DH feel less conspicuous wearing his.

Do they have the buttons when you check in at the hotels or only at the parks? This past Tuesday was my sister’s b-day so we’ll be celebrating it a week late. I know on her own she won’t ask for a button but if I call so they give it to her when she checks in she’ll wear it.

They should have them at the front desks at the resorts.

Would it be terrible to get a “Just Married” button and not be with my husband on the trip? Obviously I wont be on my honeymoon. I am going to Disney a few months after I get married with my parents and sister.

Just married and you are dumping the poor guy for a seperate vacation already. That’s SOO wrong. :laugh:

They only require ID to verify birthday for the free admission promotion (gift card for ap holders.)

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;936951]Just married and you are dumping the poor guy for a seperate vacation already. That’s SOO wrong. :laugh:

They only require ID to verify birthday for the free admission promotion (gift card for ap holders.)[/QUOTE]

Well he is not hardcore Disney like my family and I. He went with us a couple of years ago and that was enough for him for at least a couple more years. Although I did make him promise to go more often once we have kids. At least I have my family to go with for now to get my Disney fix.